Frühman's diary

A good day again. I seem to have acclimated to the diet. One thing that I did different to the salad-variant is to wait until 13:00 to eat lunch instead of the usual 11:00. This somehow makes me less hungry? Maybe its rather acclimation though but I believe leaving the longer time between breakfast and lunch decreases my hunger in the evening.

Day 26:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -
Total: 1600 kcal

A good day, hunger seems to be under control. Though I don't see enough change on the scale so I might pick up more walking and move away from my current lunch. Though I'm reluctant to eat sth else because I seem to be acclimated, but maybe thats for the calorie amount and not the food I eat. Though maybe I should stop weighing myself every day :)

Day 27:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

How much have you lost in the past two weeks? I'd say you're already quite low on calories

How much have you lost in the past two weeks? I'd say you're already quite low on calories

I was at about 130 a week before and got to 128 again. Calory wise it should be the lower limit agreed. Changing the diet to more shakes and see how that influences my weight was a thought I had. Though on the other side the grass is always greener, it might be better to stay on the current side :)

It might be just frustration that it took so long to lose it again after that week, I don't know. I'm eager for more weight loss :D I'm still in my plan of 12kg/3 months though

Shakes won't make you lose more weight than "real" food if the calories are the same. But if you find them more satisfying that's fine, of course.

Another good day! Lost 1/2 kg over two weeks, progress is progress. With small improvements over the board I think I'm going in the right direction. I hope that such a week won't come again anytime soon.

Day 28:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -
Weight: 127.5 kg
Fat: 37.1%
Muscle: 28.8%
BMI: 32.5
Visceral fat: 13

Another good day! Still eating breakfast at 8:00 and lunch at 13:00. I still only feel a little hungry in the evening. The hunger is currently easy to ignore by doing anything but thinking about it.

I read in Rose's diary about her difficulty of having motivation while having the assured knowledge of death. I appreciate and agree with LaMaria about sickness and decay being the enemies here. For me, weighing too much is like a stone hanging at my feet pulling me down a deep sea, where most good things swim on-top and thrive.

I do not want to be held back by something I can fix. I do not want the story of my life to be dominated by pain and misery forever. Of course if you do not have anything to look forward to yet, then it might be difficult to see a brighter future. Losing weight is not the only goal one can have. It is just a step in the broader picture to increase ones' overall luck, outlook and life.

Though it might require self-initiative and agency to find and pursue self-valued interests. Some proverbs, quotes and idioms on this:

- The Gods help those who help themselves. (ancient greece proverb)
- Indeed Allah will not change the conditions of a population until they change what is in themselves. (Quaran)
- Heaven rewards the diligent. (Chinese idiom)

Day 29:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

A good day, food wise. With losing weight being so easy for me right now, I sometimes wonder how I got that weight in the first place. To me removing the reward and punishment functionality of food makes a big difference. It just does not come to mind much any more to eat when I successfully pass milestones. Seeing some food as good or bad also gives me a very good reason not to eat THAT cake or THAT cookie and sweetness, apart from reward and punishment.

I'm uncertain how to fit counting calories into this model. "this is enough for me to not fear my body decaying and bones weakening" might be viable for me. Maybe I'll come up with a better reasoning to enforce this long-term apart from "this is good for me right now" to keep on doing it when its not necessary anymore.

All this reasoning might be superfluous, but I try to use it anyway to not fall into bad habits again.

Day 30:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

Keep reasoning. The more you understand why your body does and wants things the easier it´ll be to navigate unexpected challenges. Don´t assume things will be as easy as they seem now forever or - as you say - you never would´ve gained weight in the first place. I would say that for the long term nourishing and fueling your body would be good goals for your nutrition. Your car doesn´t just need gas to serve you well; it also needs things like oil, cooling fluid, window cleaner, check-ups on the electronics, maybe the occasional new light or help with the batterie (I´m sure you can tell I know nothing about cars but you get my drift).

Keep reasoning. The more you understand why your body does and wants things the easier it´ll be to navigate unexpected challenges. Don´t assume things will be as easy as they seem now forever or - as you say - you never would´ve gained weight in the first place.

Agreed, falling back into that makes my skin crawl :(
Have to think about this more

Another good day, food wise. Maybe I should vary my diet a little more, with pretty much always eating similar hmm. Going shopping and watching what healthy things I crave, buy those and let it rest again afterwards seems like a viable way to do this. I don't want to do this too often to not tempt myself on purpose :).

Anyway while thinking of possibly falling back to old habits and wondering how to stop it the thought came to how to test this reasoning and belief thing. Do they really solve my fear here. The only way I came up with is living it, but asking for a bad day is kinda foolish and simulating it will not be fun either. Though there is the saying that growing stronger requires challenges. I'll shelve this for now :D

Day 31:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

Bad days will come at some point, no need to try and test yourself while you're still fresh to this I'd say.

Agreed LaMa and Cate, maybe better not to tempt fate. Though small things like buying chocolate to see how I behave might be interesting to watch reactions. I'm not currently doing that :)

Another good day, food wise. I wonder a little whether the hunger I feel is part of the reason for my gaining weight. In case it is not then it may be a a reliable indicator when my body does not need food anymore. Reliably detecting hunger signals might be a good thing to learn. Best with a magnitude how much food is needed :D

Though hunger probably won't go below maintainance calories, so can't lose weight listening to it. Dunno how to use hunger here. Maybe an interesting conclusion one may have is that feeling and resisting hunger may be required to lose weight. Resisting that small urge that the body sends.

Day 32:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

Last edited:
For me hunger is relatively reliable as long as I'm at or above the weight my body likes me to be at and I can lose weight with little to no hunger as long as I get enough protein, fat, and veggies. But if I go below that number (which currently seems to be around bmi 24 or so for me) I'm hungry ALL THE TIME even when I eat at or slightly above maintenance.

For me hunger is relatively reliable as long as I'm at or above the weight my body likes me to be at and I can lose weight with little to no hunger as long as I get enough protein, fat, and veggies. But if I go below that number (which currently seems to be around bmi 24 or so for me) I'm hungry ALL THE TIME even when I eat at or slightly above maintenance.

Interesting, do you go lower despite that?

Will be interesting to see whether I have the same issue.

Another good day, food wise. In the afternoon I had the thought to eat more but it was controllable with a little distraction.

Day 33:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -

Interesting, do you go lower despite that?
I try, because I´d really like to be a little lighter - but so far I´ve started overeating like crazy every time I tried and shot back up to slightly overweight (which is where I am now) so... maybe I should accept what my body dictates and focus on building more muscle instead.

Back