Frühman's diary

Day 3 was soso, I suppressed my cravings but it was hard. I thought that if I really do binge eat, then all the progress vanishes and I would feel a little ashamed writing here after I did 2 days so well. I'm not sure I could have resisted without this, which makes me curious about my discipline and group pressure. Maybe better call it shared expectations. :)

weight: 129.8

I thought that if I really do binge eat, then all the progress vanishes and I would feel a little ashamed writing here after I did 2 days so well. I'm not sure I could have resisted without this, which makes me curious about my discipline and group pressure. Maybe better call it shared expectations. :)
That is one of the reasons why people who have support groups tend to do better with diets than people who don´t. Part accountability, part sharing of the struggle. Well done resisting!

Day 4 went well, I ate a little meat to avoid binging. I wasn't busy enough, maybe. That the meat-alternative worked makes me happy.

Day 5 was a little more interesting, I found out that it is quite difficult to only drink shakes, for which case I introduced meat. But only these two is difficult too, which is why I'd like to introduce a third thing. Because exception after exception doesn't scale I'll switch to counting calories. I wonder whether 1600 kcal is too much, maybe I should stay on 1200-1500 kcal total to be faster.

Breakfast:
  • Wrap 800 kcal
  • Meat 400 kcal
Lunch + Dinner:
  • shake 400 kcal
Total: 1600 kcal

1600 for a grown man is very unlikely to be too much to lose weight quite quickly and it should be a lot more sustainable than 1200. Especially when you eat a lot of veggies for bulk.

Today went a little in the higher direction. It seems that I should eat less to be able to add things when I have a craving for to avoid going over the line, to have flexibility. But maybe I'm just deluding myself in the necessity. 1500-1600 sounds good then I will try, thank you! Worrying about metabolism is hard for me when the only wish is to lose weight, despite being necessary.

I learnt about myself that I like eating to feel good and busy. Well the feel good part I already knew, but the busy not. I just want to have my vaccinations to be free again. As I know myself though, I'll probably not use it much though. Not using much freedom when its available and then lamenting about its absence seems to be a hallmark of mine.
  • Breakfast:
    • Wrap 800 kcal
    • Meat 400 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • shake 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • salad 180 kcal
Total: 1780 kcal

First I thought the holiday would be difficult, thinking I'd binge to celebrate. But actually living it was pretty relaxed, I did not need to binge, it is not required to feel good and to be happy. It kinda felt good to keep to the plan, which is heartening. Seeing the plan as punishment was an issue I had before, that destroyed min one prior plan for me.

I hope the weight loss is due to losing weight fat and not only from less food being in my system at the moment. I will see next week I guess.

Day 7:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 400 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • Wrap 800 kcal
    • Meat 400 kcal
Total: 1600 kcal
Weight: 129.9 kg

Punishing yourself & seeing food as a good & bad thing is not a healthy approach & it's good to change our attitudes around that. I try to think of food as nourishment as well as fuel. Eating rubbish makes me feel like rubbish.

Thanks @LaMaria and @Cate, I appreciate the input. For me the distinction between good and bad food is necessary to avoid eating the bad food. Giving it labels like nourishing and rubish does seem to me like the same distinction using different words. I agree about the punishment thing, it just decreases what I do which is why I try to avoid labeling any food like that. I try to avoid falling into the trap of punishing myself on purpose to eat bad food. :laugh: Yeah let's not do that with rewards either. :)

Day 8:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • Wrap 800 kcal
    • Meat 400 kcal
Total: 1700 kcal

I try to avoid falling into the trap of punishing myself on purpose to eat bad food. :laugh: Yeah let's not do that with rewards either. :)
Moderation in everything... I find moderation extremely hard where food is concerned though. So while I try not to call food items good or bad they are good or bad FOR ME. Doesn't mean I'm a better person for not eating certain things but it means my life is easier when I don't eat them. And that's ok.

Moderation in everything... I find moderation extremely hard where food is concerned though. So while I try not to call food items good or bad they are good or bad FOR ME. Doesn't mean I'm a better person for not eating certain things but it means my life is easier when I don't eat them. And that's ok.

I see it similar. Demonizing them removes choices I would usually have to make, makes it easier to follow the plan. :)

Back