Frühman's diary

Day went well. I can't tell what signs there are for an active metabolism but for now I'll take feeling warm around my chest as a loose indicator. And this one is strong. :) I hope it stays that way while continuing to lose weight.

Day 9:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • Wrap 800 kcal
    • Meat 400 kcal
Total: 1700 kcal

Feeling warm, having enough energy and motivation, those are generally good signs.

Sounds good :)

This day provided a more stressful situation, where I had to complete a report. What I learnt about me is that I like to eat when I'm stressed and when I do not know how to fix an issue. My local fix was eating a big salad, which helped a little against the stress, but I do not know whether its a good thing that food helps here at all.

Anyway the better fix for my report was to change it so its less frustrating for me. A simple structural change made it much better for me. I do not know why I get frustrated instead of immediately making the process more smooth.

Day 10:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • Wrap 800 kcal
    • Meat 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • Salad 300 kcal
Total: 1900 kcal

Great work a) finding a less calorific solution and b) reducing your stress level. That's the kind of thing that'll make the difference between yoyoing and successful maintenance.

Being aware of your personal triggers for overeating & working out a way to overcome them sounds like a positive thing to me. Well done!

Thank you

Great work a) finding a less calorific solution and b) reducing your stress level. That's the kind of thing that'll make the difference between yoyoing and successful maintenance.
I hope I can find a way to not freeze but rather automatically fix things on my own. I do not know how to get there yet, maybe it will come automatically with awareness.

Being aware of your personal triggers for overeating & working out a way to overcome them sounds like a positive thing to me. Well done!
I hope I get faster at the automatic part. Freezing like that is not a good thing :)

Today was a good day, food wise. I wasn't able to eat until I finished my report, so all meals moved back. Experimenting with reducing shake sizes to adapt to other meal sizes at the moment.

Day 11:
  • Breakfast:
    • -
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • shake 300 kcal
Total: 1500 kcal

Another good food day. Less shake in the morning does not seem much of an issue, except that it may have me slightly hungry in the evening and at night. Maybe this is the general want for food after 12h+ having none of it and so can be ignored. At the same time this may decrease my metabolism, which voids the usefulness of cutting out 100 kcal.

My last grandparent left us last night and it is good that food delivery was closed, otherwise I would probably have binged alot. For me it is hard to accept that she left. At the other hand it was expected for some time, her getting older and older and not better. The cycle of life and all. Anyway I feel sad about it, that is something I try to increase at the moment to get this over me. She would not want me tormenting myself forever.

Day 12:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 300 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 400 kcal
Total: 1500 kcal

It was a good day food, wise. Being busy it was not hard to not eat much over the day, I caught up on that at dinner.

I felt a little weak and sleepy in the evening and after my walk outside it was even worse. It might have been my metabolism but I rather think its about a cold I got walking outside for 1/2 hour someday before without a shawl. I plan moving the shake to breakfast again for a good metabolism starter and to have more energy over the day.

About the weight loss I worry what I lost exactly. Is it fat, muscle mass, water. I hope its fat but its a little too fast for that I think, not in line with my eating habits. Muscle mass is possible because I'm cutting and not doing much sports at the moment. Maybe its water though. I added the data my scale provides to get a better picture in the future. The accuracy does not matter but maybe the precision is good enough to see trends.

Day 14:
  • Breakfast:
    • -
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • shake 500 kcal
Total: 1700 kcal
Weight: 128.0 kg
Fat: 37.9%
Muscle: 28.4%
BMI: 33
Visceral fat: 14

Last edited:
I added the data my scale provides to get a better picture in the future. The accuracy does not matter but maybe the precision is good enough to see trends.
That's usually the case with these scales, provided you weigh under the same conditions (gut filling, hydration level, time of day...).
Eating few calories while not really working out does mean you're likely to lose more muscle mass than strictly necessary but your body isn't stupid enough to burn only muscle mass when there's plenty of lipid stores around. It's generally a mix. Water weight is usually just the first week or so.

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, my condolences. I think losing the last of a generation is harder, makes you think about your own mortality. I lost my last grandparent many years ago, but still remember that feeling. With time your memories of her will transition from sadness to warmth at having known her, but that takes time.

Stick with us, you are doing well.

And I agree with you and LaMa, its the trends we have to look for, and with most measurements there is noise so it may take a while to see the trends so be patient, if you can.

Thank you @alligatorob!

it may take a while to see the trends so be patient, if you can.

I will try that. Though I wonder whether I sometimes have hard times with avoiding binging because I'm losing weight too fast, my body trying to get me to binge harder than it would with a slower pace. But maybe it wouldn't make a difference and so better fast and short instead of slow and long.

Eating few calories while not really working out does mean you're likely to lose more muscle mass than strictly necessary

I forgot about this part, good point. I read about cutting & training in a cycle to increase muscle mass while decreasing fat.

Last edited:
Back