Frühman's diary

Another small update here. The getting dizzy is not really away, eating a little healthier with larger portions and more salt, checking acid levels, drink more in the evening didn't work. Drinking a glass of water in bed immediately after waking up helps wonders though, it always goes away in 15s max, so I'll ignore that for now.

At two days I ate maintenance, which explains the amount of weight loss. Will probably take a couple days for that to go away. Interesting was that I didn't really go overboard in the amount of food, despite having the allowance for it. At times I'm not even hungry at all, despite having myself allowed to eat more, I think thats interesting.

Weight: 125.1 kg
Fat: 37.1%
Muscle: 28.4%
BMI: 31.9
Visceral fat: 13

I hope that means you just weren't drinking enough for the current weather. Do you drink a lot outside of the shakes?

I hope that means you just weren't drinking enough for the current weather. Do you drink a lot outside of the shakes?

Hope so too, about 3-4l per day.

I'm still fascinated that it is so straightforward not to eat much. I'm a little hungry half the day except after my big meal, but I somehow don't really want to. Maybe its the current focus on sth else rather than food that drives this, dunno.

Another small update here. I get small progress, which is good. It seems without much sport I can only get so fast, despite my limitation to 1600-1700 kcal. One thing I saw about me is that I don't like to put away warm food that does not taste as good when its cold, despite me not being hungry anymore. Another thing I thought about is having small foods around that can fill up my calorie table in order to not have to eat heavier full-meal portions to fill myself up to my calorie limit.

The last thing I want to note is that I want to know how food tastes like later once I lost more weight. This seems paramount to dispel the notions that they taste so much better than anything else. The focus there will be to show myself what influences they can have on my stomach and on my well-being to to remove from them the status of defining supreme taste, which changes once weight is lost.

Weight: 124.5 kg
Fat: 36.4%
Muscle: 29.2%
BMI: 31.8
Visceral fat: 12

In general I find that everything tastes better when I'm hungry and I get hungry more quickly when I'm thin, so...

Back for a little while. I rebounded pretty much to the start again, so I need a little accountability. I won't do the weighing myself thing, but only kcal counting. No long speeches or theories, because they are pretty much all hypothesis, no truth in them until they are verified. Gonna go with my gut and limited kcal counts for now. If I don't lose enough with my diet, there's gonna be a shift to more protein and less carbs.

That's the plan. I could now talk about that no plan survives first contact or that I have to adapt it somehow, but thats all obvious so I don't mention it here :p. Gonna keep the core though, the part that is known to work. Don't overcomplicate, don't overanalyze. Keep it as simple as it gets.

Welcome back. It sucks to have to start over but you're still winning compared to the many people who don't get back on track before their weight goes PAST their original high.

Welcome back, Frühmann. It is a shame about having to claw your way back, but I know exactly what that feels like. Good for you, getting back on track.

Day 3:
  • Breakfast:
    • -
  • Lunch:

• rice 100 kcal
    • chicken 500 kcal
    • plume wine 500 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • chicken 400 kcal
Total: 2300 kcal

Ok, I'm a nosy-ass bitch so I've got to know: are you really eating plain rice with plain chicken? That sounds so dry! The 800 kcal wrap seems promising though: what's in it?

Ok, I'm a nosy-ass bitch so I've got to know: are you really eating plain rice with plain chicken? That sounds so dry! The 800 kcal wrap seems promising though: what's in it?
Its fine :)

The rice+chicken thing is takeout from a chinese vendor, with the cooked rice being 300g and the chicken+vegetables thing ~500g, so not just dry chicken haha. I think its less chicken and more vegetables, so 200g chicken maybe with 300g vegetables in sauce (no idea how to count it).. thought its 500kcal maybe, I could be wrong. Would be glad to hear your opinion.

Anyway, the wrap consists of salad, rucola, mozarella, chicken breast and bacon chips, italian hard cheese and remoulade. Can't get enough of it.

That sounds much more delicious! You are underestimating the rice calories though: 300 g of cooked rice is around 360 kcal. 200 g of cooked chicken breast (no oil added) would be 330 kcal - with other parts of the chicken being higher in calories but these takeaway things generally use breast. The veggies&sauce are harder to estimate. 300 g of cooked carrots would be 162 kcal, onions 174, but spinach only 69. Of course in general it's not the vegetables that drive up the calorie count but the sauce and the oil things were cooked in. In general I'd expect at least two tablespoons of oil, which would be 240 kcal (doesn't really matter which kind of oil) and 4 tablespoons of sauce which would be around 60 kcal if it's sichuan sauce but of course I don't know what you're getting.
So I think you may be underestimating the chicken&veg part as well. Which is perfectly fine if you're losing weight regardless! But if you find that the scale doesn't move after a coue of weeks you might want to either change your order or (what I do) split it into two portions and bulk it up with raw veggies like baby spinach.

That sounds much more delicious! You are underestimating the rice calories though: 300 g of cooked rice is around 360 kcal. 200 g of cooked chicken breast (no oil added) would be 330 kcal - with other parts of the chicken being higher in calories but these takeaway things generally use breast. The veggies&sauce are harder to estimate. 300 g of cooked carrots would be 162 kcal, onions 174, but spinach only 69. Of course in general it's not the vegetables that drive up the calorie count but the sauce and the oil things were cooked in. In general I'd expect at least two tablespoons of oil, which would be 240 kcal (doesn't really matter which kind of oil) and 4 tablespoons of sauce which would be around 60 kcal if it's sichuan sauce but of course I don't know what you're getting.
So I think you may be underestimating the chicken&veg part as well. Which is perfectly fine if you're losing weight regardless! But if you find that the scale doesn't move after a coue of weeks you might want to either change your order or (what I do) split it into two portions and bulk it up with raw veggies like baby spinach.
Underestimated the impact of vegetables, sauce and rice, ehh. I'll use 1200kcal for now to count it. It also matches with my hunger, that is reduced by a lot after the meal. Gonna try the split up sometime. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Day 4:
  • Breakfast:
    • -
  • Lunch:
    • chicken+rice 1200 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • 2x wrap 800 kcal
Total: 2800 kcal

Day 5:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500
  • Lunch: