Flyer's diary

closing in on 48 hours later today. going for a long walk in a few which should ease any temptation. one thing i wanted to check was evening vs morning weight...

overnight 1-2 July.jpg

10 pm vs 8am... seems to support what i typically see, but without any food in me, have to think it's mostly a water weight variance. even without much validation, it was nice to see a sub-170 weight again. been pretty much seeing 172-174 the past 4-5 months.

from past experience, day two is easier than day one.
still have no plan for how long this might continue.

decided to have a OMAD day and at about 46 hours had a chicken breast sandwich and some strawberries. i also mixed up some strawberry cream cheese and may have a light snack in a few hours. all in all the 1+ day fast at least let me reset my eating window. it was moving too late into the day. i actually think i might add in some flexibility by rotating an early eating window followed by a late window and then skipping a day. effectively scheduling three 6-8 hour eating windows over 4 days, including one day and a half fasting window, though i'm well aware that sometimes things that look like good ideas on paper don't actually work that way in real life... we'll see.

i remember what it was like going from 175 to 165... i believe it took about 8 - 10 weeks, so i'm not expecting miracles anymore. in a month if i start seeing 160's more than 170's, i'll be happy..

overnight 3-4 July.jpg

this is spooky... yesterday i was pulling a belt out of the belt loops on my jeans and probably because it wasn't a high quality leather, it actually tore half way through to one of the holes. it still works, but it is in bad shape. i didn't tell anyone about it, and i didn't go searching for belts on my computer. yet, this email message from Macy's showed up this morning...

Macy ad.jpg

i haven't had OJ since i started intermittent fasting, but i've kept the bottles around to water plants due to the surely unintentional design that lets me tote three bottle with only three fingers and not spill a drop. anyway, i was thinking of making some freeze dried OJ to add to things and even try to concoct a Tang-like powder. so this is the first bottle i've bought in over 3 years. the photo kinda speaks for itself.

deflation?

Tropicana deflation.jpg

this one just seemed overly deceptive. i probably wouldn't even have noticed but since the bathroom sink i use to fill these is too shallow, i use a 60oz pitcher that does fit under the tap. it usually fills the old bottles right to the rim, but on this new one, it started overflowing and i wonder WTH... side by side, you can see the subtle difference in the bottle design. my guess is that they raised the price anyway... !!

two dieting changes i've made over the past few months...

1) drinking a lot more water and not as much coffee or tea. i've been noticing that when i don't walk often enough my feet and ankles feel slightly swollen. a friend told me his doctor told him drinking more water helps and i've found that to be true. coffee and tea are slight diuretics (i think) which don't help in maintaining a good internal volume of fluids... yes?

2) every few days i can the intermittent fasting and i'm just careful not to overdo it with calories. i don't really have to burn fat unless i force my body to make it... right? i still try to go 12-14 hours with fasting, but i find that VERY easy to do these days.

watching the Umbrella Academy, i thought this song sounded familiar, but i have to say i like this version so much better than Adele's... beautiful language, great vocal.

Prices are similar here too. We eat a lot of feral meat, like venison & rabbits & pay <$10 Au a kilo. It's the most affordable meat we can get & very lean.

hearing about the price of "boxed stuffing" up 76% this year, i decided to do a little cost analysis as i find it hard to believe anyone would buy stuffing in a box in the first place, but i've also discovered over the years that there is really no limit to people's laziness. paying a premium for essentially stale bread...?

hardly started yet... i have my mom''s recipe, but went online to grab a few others. the Bon Appetit site recipe was interesting. not sure i've ever seen an actual recipe with the Simon and Garfunkel lyrics... in order... :)

stuffing.jpg

how do they do this...???

i am baking shortbread and before i listed the ingredients i thought i'd check with the Google universe.
i wasn't sure whether ingredients are listed by volume or by weight...

fa Google.jpg

up at 5am to see the World Cup final in a few hours. oh well... at least it will be coffee based refreshments vs a draft. probably make it truly international... France, Argentina and an Irish coffee... :)

Back