Floater's diary

Crying is dealing, nothing wrong with that. Biggest hugs to the queen!

@Llama , thanks! She was too high to figure out to pee outside, and once at home, she mustered up all her strength and jumped on the bed (which isn't ideal because she could fall), and now softly cries... Poor thing. She got 5 opiate pills for the pain, one each morning with food

The queen just ate a little amount of single protein canned buffalo dogfood! Doesn't want to drink, but she had an IV in and the canned food has water in it so we should be ok!

Nera still won't pee outside so I'm going to sleep now. Clothes on, in case I need to take her out.

Had some wine, saltine crackers, and three boiled eggs as a big-ish snack earlier. And just now I had pasta in tomato sauce with a bit of cheese on top. I put the remains of my oyster sauce and a splash of wine in the sauce and it tasted like a dream!!

Washed my face already, not my teeth yet. I'll try to stay awake for just a bit longer to watch over Nera!

I woke up to Nera softly crying, so I took her out. She won't pee outside, too scared of everything out there, but has spotted the bed. (Luckily I have a mattress cover.) Doesn't drink either. If she refuses water in the afternoon still, I'll call the vet.

I gave her canned food with an opiate pill mixed in, she ate it with gusto. Let's hope it will take effect soon. Her face doesn't feel hot or look swollen, so that's positive!

She ate a boiled egg and drank a bit, yay!! Refuses to touch soaked kibble, so I might need to buy more canned food. I'll definitely buy her more eggs, and Turkish yogurt. I'll know for sure after the bloodwork gets done, but I think I have just been feeding her a little bit too little as she's such an active dog.

I've had some bread, cheese, crackers, and red wine today and plan to make pasta with hummus for dinner. Nera is getting better slowly but steadily; she drinks normally now, and has diarrhea, but that's not too uncommon after the IV opiates wear off. It's also possible that the canned dog food upsets her stomach, but it's a good thing I can give her alternatives. My ex was kind enough to promise to go shopping for me, so I can just pick up Nera's recovery groceries from his place on our evening walk.

Phew, dogsitting a sick loved one is exhausting even though I haven't done that much at all. I did clean up, wash the floors and do laundry while Nera was sleeping off her hangover, so that's a plus.

Had a snack plate of crackers, hummus, avocado and cheese earlier. Now making pasta with hummus and fresh veg+aromatics. Gotta stay up late, it seems. Nera has epic runs and needs to get out every 30 mins

Even with the runs, it sounds like she will bounce back quickly. Canned food upsets Archie's stomach too. I think there are too many chemicals in it. G cooks up chicken & veg for him & he loves it. We freeze the bulk of it & have a small container in the fridge & I put it on top of his kibble.

Even with the runs, it sounds like she will bounce back quickly. Canned food upsets Archie's stomach too. I think there are too many chemicals in it. G cooks up chicken & veg for him & he loves it. We freeze the bulk of it & have a small container in the fridge & I put it on top of his kibble.
This is single protein food designed for recovery and sensitive dogs. She needs to eat mushy foods for the next two weeks after having had three teeth extracted 🐺🦷🦷🦷

She does seem to be bouncing back quickly! She just had her first pee without diarhhea tonight. I'll wake up in six hours to give her her next pain pill in the canned food and we'll see how she handles that. She'll probably fall asleep from the drug like she did this morning.

I love her!

PS: ended up giving her the pill already, because pain will make a dog restless and can make the diarrhea worse. It was the right call: she settled down to sleep. I obvs checked and calculated that it's safe first. Let's hope I'll get to sleep uniterrupted!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear she's otherwise recovering well. Could thd diarrhea be a side-effect of the meds?

Phew! Nera seems to be getting better! She was in a lot of pain and distress around noon and shat on the floor, or more like leaked out of her bum. We went for a walk and I gave her hiney a quick wash, and after that she has started to settle down. Gave her a couple of spoonfuls of unseasoned chicken, and she hasn't reacted negatively to that. I think I'll have a nap, she's having one too!

OK, I was too optimistic about the "rains in Africa" being over, and just put another set of bed sheets in the wash. Nera doesn't seem to be in pain anymore though, so that's good. I might have the chance to make a quick grocery run later, I'm out of pasta and chilies, but I'll decide based on how she's holding up!

I'm watching this video and cringe-laughing my arse off. I think that you @Llama might enjoy this, as this is all about laughing at cringe bros, gullible incels, and monetized fragile masculinity

Oh man, that was a wild ride! :eek: How can anyone be that divorced from reality? For the record: I have hand-caught butterflies (because they'd fluttered into the house and wouldn't let themselves be shooed back out) and released them unharmed. I didn't realize that made me a martial arts legend.

Back