Floater's diary

@Llama , I checked, the led growth light is sadly out of stock now, at least in Finnish stores. It's different from normal leds in Lm/lx intensity. Like, you would not want to hang it from a ceiling lamp, it's blinding. But as all leds, doesn't heat up, so no heat/dryness damage to plant babies.

I usually have no need to grease her paws, we live right next to a forested area so rarely walk on concrete or walkways. But I'll do that of course if these weather conditions keep on going.

There are few things I hate more than the feeling of being watched and judged
Oh, me either. I can't stand being watched!
I have been tempted to buy Archie some little dog booties :blush5:

Oh, me either. I can't stand being watched!
I have been tempted to buy Archie some little dog booties :blush5:
Nera is a sensitive princess and refuses to wear booties, but for some dogs they work well! They are useful in heat and cold, and with injuries. Nera just pancakes and gives me her martyr eyes.

Which reminds me: Nera pic dump from the last couple of days:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-08 at 10.03.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-08 at 10.03.02.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-09 at 21.12.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-09 at 21.12.00.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure Arch would wear them either. I don't want to look like one of those dog owners who dress their dogs like babies & it doesn't really get very cold here. I just have to towel his feet when we get home.

"Grandma, why do you have such big ears?", and my breakfast: ham and cheese toast with avocado on the side :3

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-11 at 11.03.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-11 at 11.03.22.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-11 at 11.57.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-11 at 11.57.26.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 6
Is Nera a Groenendael ?
She's a mutt, mix of German Shepherd and, allegedly, Newfoundland, but it's hard to say for sure!
"The better to hear my worshipers sing my praises with, my dear."
Adorbs <3

We had a nice adventure with the assistance person, he drove us to a nearby oak forest like we had been planning to for a while now. It was majestic! It was already dark so I didn't get any good pics, but we decided to come again in the springtime and in each season. Nera was beside herself out of joy and ran around like a pup! You folks might remember my fascination and special relationship to oaks. Just before leaving the forest, I found an oak that seemed right, and had a little moment between it, Nera, and me. I'll bring that oak a little gift the next time I visit it with Nera.

I also bought a bottle of wine in advance for the night of having to stay up and watch over Nera's recovery, and some easy snackable foods for the same purpose, and two chicken legs I shared with Nera. Today has been a good day. Tomorrow I'll clean up and do laundry.

Now I'll get right back to watching Suburra, it's unbelievably good, can't get enough of it!

That all sounds wonderful! I'm glad I wasn't hungry when I saw that sandwich. It has been years since I ate "normal" delicious whole grain bread. Yum.

She's a mutt, mix of German Shepherd and, allegedly, Newfoundland, but it's hard to say for sure!
She is a lovely mut :) German Shepherds and Belgian Shepherds have a very similar face but it was the longer black hair around the neck with the small white patches on the feet that made me think Groenendael type Belgian Shepherd. I had a friend that used to breed them while I was breeding German Shepherds.

Slow day, very nervous about tomorrow. Food has been just bread and cheese, too jittery for proper meals... Wish us well for tomorrow, as Nera will visit the Dreamland and get two teeth extracted. I hope she finds her way back to me!!

Thanks @Llama , @Cate!

Had spaghetti with fresh chili, garlic, and oil for breakfast, and avocado pasta with chopped brazil nuts for lunch. I need the carb fuel to handle today. Going to hit the shower soon, enjoying a cup of coffee.

Great work. And remember: the grasshopper mouse is NOT intimidated.
Thanks! Nera is in operation, she'll have to have a third bad tooth removed. I'm killing time at the mall with my ex. Nera has lost 1,5kg of weight so she's having bloodwork done, too. I'll up her kibble portions!!

EDIT: the grasshopper mouse had a lil cry after exiting the vet. I'm better now. Drank a Bloody Mary from a can and had half a quesadilla.

Back