Club 160s

The lights are low so you can´t see how close I´m getting to getting thrown out of here :p

Impressive sight, Flyer! :)
and LaMa - I'm only just keeping in here myself, after yesterday's starchy carbs. It wasn't just the toast and honey - I finished the day with a supper of dhal on black bread, after my evening meal.

I weighed myself this morning, despite last night´s post-dinner wings, and I´m still a member! Can we have a water-and-celery party in celebration?

Still here :) The door must be jammed though: it´s getting kind of hard to squeeze through.

Water and celery party on now! ...
i feel sorry for carrots... always being paired up with celery, the most tasteless vegetable on earth... maybe besides iceberg lettuce.

i wound up falling asleep and burning my second meal of the day yesterday.
silver lining...?

04.06.20..164.5.jpg

I used to dislike celery intensely because it has such a strong flavor. These days I quite like it, provided it´s chopped fine enough. Now I´m wondering whether I´m a celery wuss or you somehow have never had proper celery.

... you somehow have never had proper celery.

i actually blew it last time i shopped as i think celery does have a use in making stocks. most of the time i dislike it is when it's overdone in Chinese food. the texture, the taste... still low on my scale. i must admit, on the flip side carrots are right up there with my favorites, so perhaps celery to me just suffers in comparison. on a raw vegetable platter it would definitely be my last choice, though.

Still here :) The door must be jammed though: it´s getting kind of hard to squeeze through.
That's because there's two of us jostling in the doorway! :blush5:

The great celery question - I'm with LaMa - it does have a distinctive taste (and the greener, the stronger) which is why it's so good in stock - the amount of water in the stalks is what deceives the cruncher into thinking it's just watery. As for the soggy celery in "Chinese" food... yes, probably best left unspoken.

That's because there's two of us jostling in the doorway! :blush5:
:D That would explain it :D Still on the right side of the door today!
Agreed on the awfulness of soggy celery: it has to be crisp. I love the sweetness and crunch of raw young carrots (although I can´t have them anymore) but the combination with the intense savoriness of celery makes them even better for me.

feel free to pass me anytime... nobody ever seems to want to hang out here for long.

04.13.20..168.0.jpg

if i can stay in the high 160's until the country open up a little more again, i'll count that as a win.
walks i used to look forward to have been so depressing.
throw in our recent rain ... i've only been out 2 or 3 times in probably a month.

168 ^

Back