Cate's Diary

Still very much under the weather, but no worse. G had a rough night & spent half of it in my recliner chair, which is closest to the fire.

that doesn't sound good Cate, look after yourselves now the weather is getting colder down there.

So sorry Cate! Glad you have gotten some Archie snuggle time and a nice walk! Not better , is not great, but certainly glad you are not worse! Hope you are better soon! ❤️

Thanks, Jen, Liza & Em :grouphug:
I'm still feeling about the same. I'll do another RAT today, just to be sure.
Our son, D visited yesterday, with his daughter, E & her BF who lives in Vic & is over here visiting her. He seems sweet. G was doing the bar at golf for a group he knows so missed out. We had a lovely time. Soup & toasties for lunch & a game of snooker. I really enjoyed the day. I also polished off a Donna Leon book.
I'll take Arch into town today to make up for the lack of exercise yesterday. G is at his usual golf day today. He had a better night's sleep last night.

Soup & toasties for lunch & a game of snooker. I really enjoyed the day. I also polished off a Donna Leon book.
That DOES sound like a lovely day Cate!
I'll take Arch into town today to make up for the lack of exercise yesterday. G is at his usual golf day today. He had a better night's sleep last night.
Those little fur balls do get us out and about! Glad both you and G aren't letting being under the weather get you down too much! I was thinking of you yesterday, I was watchin a show on Acorn TV called "Under the Vines" it takes place in New Zealand, which is where I think you live. It looked lovely. 😊

Hi, Jen. It was a lovely day. We actually live in Tasmania, right down the bottom of Australia. I have never been to NZ but must get there one day.

Hi, Jen. It was a lovely day. We actually live in Tasmania, right down the bottom of Australia. I have never been to NZ but must get there one day.
Hi Cate, I can't help but still feel amazed that it is possible to develop friendships with people all over the world now and not have to wait weeks for a letter to appear in the mail! We live in Virginia, it is along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, kind of mid-way along the east coast of the United States. You would think I would be used to what technology can help us do now, but at times I still marvel about things like this 😊

Hi, Jen. I love that we can do that. I do have time zones saved on my phone so that I can work out what time it is when others are posting. I got used to it a bit when my sister( Jen) was alive as she lived in Baltimore for 25 years. I have Vienna, Helsinki, Salt Lake City (where are you @alligatorob?), Brisbane & Cork & I just added Washington, DC as I couldn't find a city listed in Virginia in my world clock. At 8.32 am on Wednesday here it's 6.32 pm Tuesday in Washington.
I still am not firing on all cylinders ( probably only half ) so will stay home from golf as it's windy & is meant to rain a lot. I'll give my body a chance to recover.
I had a good day again food-wise with G not home. I feel like I overcame a hurdle.
I don't have much energy to say much in diaries I'm sorry.

Oh wow Cate, you had a sister Jen who lived in the U.S. for 25 years, that is neat! I love that you have taken the time to figure out the times where we all are, shows that very caring nature of yours :grouphug: I'm sorry you lost your sister though. I really hope you feel better soon!!

Thank you, Jen :grouphug: My sister decided to call herself Jennifer as I think she thought it sounded more sophisticated, in her new university life in the US, but she had always been Jenny or Jen. She told me that she loved me calling her Jen. I adored my sister. She was 4 years older than me. I was the pesky little sister for years who she looked out for when I left home. The roles were reversed in her last 4 years & we became very close again. She taught me some valuable lessons for which I will be forever grateful. She also gave me so much confidence during that time. I had always lived in her shadow. I have wonderful memories of her & lots and lots of love. I do care. I care a lot. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming, but overall I'm glad that I am like that.

Thanks, Jen, Liza & Em :grouphug:
I'm still feeling about the same. I'll do another RAT today, just to be sure.
Our son, D visited yesterday, with his daughter, E & her BF who lives in Vic & is over here visiting her. He seems sweet. G was doing the bar at golf for a group he knows so missed out. We had a lovely time. Soup & toasties for lunch & a game of snooker. I really enjoyed the day. I also polished off a Donna Leon book.
Nice you got a good visit in with D and family :)
I still am not firing on all cylinders ( probably only half ) so will stay home from golf as it's windy & is meant to rain a lot. I'll give my body a chance to recover.
I had a good day again food-wise with G not home. I feel like I overcame a hurdle.
I don't have much energy to say much in diaries I'm sorry.
Sounds like a good idea to rest up and recover properly. Very nice on doing well food-wise without G around!

Thanks, Liza (& Vic, Tru & Llama)
I did go into town on Tuesday & Arch got some nice walks in & I did some shopping. It rained all day yesterday so I didn't get a golf game in. I read another book.
D just called in again on his way to work. He has borrowed G's car until he gets his fixed or replaced. I love seeing him. I would see him more often if I went with G to his pool comp.
We both still are sniffly & sneezy, but have turned the corner I think. I'll do another RAT today maybe, just to be sure.

Thank you, Jen :grouphug: My sister decided to call herself Jennifer as I think she thought it sounded more sophisticated, in her new university life in the US, but she had always been Jenny or Jen. She told me that she loved me calling her Jen. I adored my sister. She was 4 years older than me. I was the pesky little sister for years who she looked out for when I left home. The roles were reversed in her last 4 years & we became very close again. She taught me some valuable lessons for which I will be forever grateful. She also gave me so much confidence during that time. I had always lived in her shadow. I have wonderful memories of her & lots and lots of love. I do care. I care a lot. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming, but overall I'm glad that I am like that.
Cate it sounds like you had a lovely and close relationship with your sister where you 'built' each other up! What is interesting is that my family always called me Jen, but people at school and co-workers did not. Since I can at times be viewed as serious or all-business or other kinds of things like that, I purposefully began to try to get people to call me Jen, so they would see me as more down to earth :) Glad you are on the mend and sounds like you are back on track with healthy food! And I am also happy you are such a caring person, we all benefit from that! :grouphug:

Thanks, Jen. My sister & I went through stages as we grew up & weren't always so close, but it was lovely to really get so close in her last remaining years. It was pretty special. She was never down to earth though. I love being able to call you Jen.
I am on the mend well & truly & am almost there. I am left with a tickle in my throat & had a full-on coughing fit during the night. So did G.
"And I am also happy you are such a caring person, we all benefit from that! :grouphug:"
Thank you :grouphug:
I have received my starter kit for my winter craft project. It is a kindness project. I am going to make some for people I know, but also carry a couple with me to give as little pick-me-ups when I'm out & about. The link to the project is here https://www.1000hearts.com.au/ I think our next-door neighbour's daughter will get the first, then maybe the twinnies. I went through my button collection yesterday & I think I'll add buttons to some.

Good to hear you are on the mend Cate :)
I really hate those tickles in the throats that bring on the coughing fits though. I hope it's gone soon.
That kindness project looks lovely! A perfect winter project.

The kindness project sounds lovely. Very cute.

Back