Cate's Diary

Thanks, Liza & Em (& Tru). I'll do one heart this week just to get myself started.
I'm well on the mend this morning. We are both sneezing & sniffling still but the tickling cough stayed away during the night & we got a good night's sleep. It has been almost 2 weeks since we picked this up.
We went out to lunch yesterday with A & M & another couple & have decided to catch up every second month for lunch.

Thanks, Jen. My sister & I went through stages as we grew up & weren't always so close, but it was lovely to really get so close in her last remaining years. It was pretty special. She was never down to earth though. I love being able to call you Jen.
I am on the mend well & truly & am almost there. I am left with a tickle in my throat & had a full-on coughing fit during the night. So did G.
"And I am also happy you are such a caring person, we all benefit from that! :grouphug:"
Thank you :grouphug:
I have received my starter kit for my winter craft project. It is a kindness project. I am going to make some for people I know, but also carry a couple with me to give as little pick-me-ups when I'm out & about. The link to the project is here https://www.1000hearts.com.au/ I think our next-door neighbour's daughter will get the first, then maybe the twinnies. I went through my button collection yesterday & I think I'll add buttons to some.
That's what my friends call me Cate! ❤️ What an absolutely lovely project! I thought it was so nice that during the lock-down people put hearts in their windows and also teddy bears. The teddy bears were for children to walk through the neighborhoods and try to find the bears. It made everything feel very community focused and positive.

Thanks, Liza & Em (& Tru). I'll do one heart this week just to get myself started.
I'm well on the mend this morning. We are both sneezing & sniffling still but the tickling cough stayed away during the night & we got a good night's sleep. It has been almost 2 weeks since we picked this up.
We went out to lunch yesterday with A & M & another couple & have decided to catch up every second month for lunch.
Glad to hear you had a night free from the tickling cough. A good nights sleep is always so good.
Nice to have on-going plans for lunch.

Thanks, Jen, Liza ( Vic & Tru).
Another fairly good night's sleep. We must be well & truly on the mend as we were both a bit bored yesterday. G wondered why he didn't play golf & I said I almost asked him that on Friday. He said if I had asked him he would have played :) I had thought we might go to the market together, but then couldn't be bothered in the morning.
I have missed playing golf so we're going out today to play 9 holes & then calling in to say goodbye to a young friend who is moving interstate. Arch will have to wait until this afternoon for his walk.

Goals.jpg
I thought I should start the day with this thought.
My clear vision has been noticeably absent as have my deliberate steps to bring my goals closer to reality.
Today is Sunday & the start of a new week.
Today I will play golf & stay under 1600 calories.
BF: Eggs & avocado on GF 5 seed bread.

Our son, D borrowed G's car & this morning he had an accident on his way to work & now G's car is not driveable. We're trying to work out what to do & I'm in a bit of shock. He's not hurt. I knew I should have lent him our better car which is fully insured! I won't be typing in any diaries.
Edited at 3.30 pm. I'm over the shock of it. The car has been towed to our mechanic's house & he will check it out when he gets home from work. He's a neighbour. We have no idea how much it will cost to fix. I am grateful that he's ok.

Last edited:
Oh dear, what a shock! Very glad nobody got hurt but ouch on the car damage. Dentists and car mechanics seem to be doing very well for themselves!

I'm so sorry to hear this Cate! I am really glad that your son was not hurt, but this sure would be a shock! Fingers crossed the repair bill is reasonable! :grouphug:

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Jen :grouphug:
I haven't heard back from our mechanic but I see he has moved the car & disconnected the exhaust which was hanging down. 🤞 It won't cost too much to repair.
I just got off the phone with my sister. I hadn't spoken to her for a week or so as I kept coughing so thought I should give her a call. Haha. An hour later..... We usually have plenty to say to one another & lots of laughs.
I have been trying to remember to log my food & drink & failing spectacularly. I'll try again now....

Thanks, Llama. Family chats are so good for us 💙
I spent a down evening last night as G rang our mechanic & he thought the car would cost closer to $2K than $1K. I went online to look at cars & got very despondent. When G got to 8-ball D asked him about the car & when told how much he said if it costs that to fix it, then he'll pay for it still. G talked about it with his pool buddies & they thought it was probably worth fixing. We'll talk to our mechanic tonight. I hate stuff like this. We don't have much to spare (but live in a lovely house, without a mortgage). I survived the day & evening without stuffing my face. This morning I weighed & the scales have started to move downwards. I'm about to head to golf.

Sorry about the accident Cate. The main thing is that your son is okay. You'll get it sorted but I completely understand the upset you feel. Good that the scales got a shock downwards though! ;)

Not stuffing your face while annoyed and worried is heroic.
Thanks, LLama. It was a test, but I'm really glad I didn't fail.
Sorry about the accident Cate. The main thing is that your son is okay. You'll get it sorted but I completely understand the upset you feel. Good that the scales got a shock downwards though! ;)
Thanks, Em. It is the main thing. I'm over the shock of it now. We'll have a good talk with our mechanic to make sure it's no more than $2K & that it's worth it. Where we live is quite isolated & you really do need 2 cars.

I played golf with T & K, 2 of my favourites & we had lots of laughs & lovely chats. T & I get the giggles quite often. It's so much fun!
I won Div 2 & just missed out on winning the monthly medal on a countback from B2.
We have another funeral to go to this morning at 10 am at the local cemetery. It will be very wet. We had 32 mm of rain overnight. I don't have a raincoat that fits me but I do have my golf umbrella.

I'm sure you had B2 sweating there ;) Glad you had so much fun!

Sorry to hear you've got another funeral to attend :grouphug:

Thanks, Llama :) I'm determined to get my name up for the monthly medal & the playoff at the end of the year. Just one less putt!
It was a real community funeral as he was so well known & liked, but not one of our close friends. It was cold & miserable at the funeral & we decided not to go to the thing afterwards, but instead came home to the warmth.

Well done on the Div 2 win. Great to have a purpose with the golf. Good decision to just go straight home after the funeral if it's miserable out.

Back