Cate's Diary

Breakfast sounds good. I recently made a big spend on the new car and I couldn't be happier. I deserve it and so do you!

Daylight savings ends here tonight. It's time. The nights are getting cold & it's so dark in the morning. I don't feel too bad about winter coming this year for some reason.
We had a tofu & boiled egg curry for breakfast on toast. Yum!
That sounds actually super cozy...i often like the winters coming as it means a lot of coziness :)
Congrats on getting the cart!

We had a tofu & boiled egg curry for breakfast on toast. Yum!
That does sound good!

I have never liked daylight savings time, and if I were to want to get up earlier to add an extra hour of daylight I'd do it in winter not summer. However I do like the one 25 hour day a year, feels like sleeping in for a day or two afterwards.

Ooooh, I love that you golf, Cate! It seems so good for exercise, fresh air, and socializing. I want to learn very badly.
When did you start playing? How did you learn?

The coming of winter does sound lovely and cozy. Here's hoping for some healthy rest and relaxation for you!

Breakfast sounds good. I recently made a big spend on the new car and I couldn't be happier. I deserve it and so do you!
Thanks, Em. Now that the price is agreed upon & the deal is done I will make myself feel better about it. I'm not sure why I get so nervous about stuff like this. It will be good for me.
That sounds actually super cozy...i often like the winters coming as it means a lot of coziness :)
Congrats on getting the cart!
Thanks, Liza. Winter is cozy. I think the cart is the right decision.
I have never liked daylight savings time, and if I were to want to get up earlier to add an extra hour of daylight I'd do it in winter not summer. However I do like the one 25 hour day a year, feels like sleeping in for a day or two afterwards.
I love DS. The main thing I don't like about winter is the days drawing in & it getting dark so early.
Maybe because you've been outside playing golf a lot? Enough daylight can really help with those transitions.
It could be, Llama. I'm excited about playing more golf. A cart also protects against the elements, although I'll have to wear extra clothes as you don't warm up as much not walking around the course. I can always leave something extra in it. I'm really looking forward to setting it up. I hope no one asks to borrow it.
Ooooh, I love that you golf, Cate! It seems so good for exercise, fresh air, and socializing. I want to learn very badly.
When did you start playing? How did you learn?
It is a great sport, Alexis. I really love it. I only started about 10 years ago. A woman from the local course rang me to see if I wanted to have some lessons as they had a pro coming to give group lessons & it was cheaper the more they got. I did & got the bug.
The coming of winter does sound lovely and cozy. Here's hoping for some healthy rest and relaxation for you!
Our winters are not too cold thank goodness. I love snuggling up. Having the golf cart will be good for me & will help me get out more to play golf, which I need in winter. I'm so inclined to snuggle up with my dog on my lap & a good book in front of the fire.

It's good to figure out how to make activity more inviting in the less inviting winter months--the cart sounds like a really good move and adding in some layers to stay warm sounds good....and then after a good outing the cozy fire and book is all the more enjoyable!

Thanks, Em & Liza (& Llama). I am getting excited about the cart now. I'll go out tomorrow & pay for the cart. Our friend is bringing it out & 2 of our other friends will use it to play on the day & then it's mine :) I'm playing with the women on Wednesday & with G & 2 other women in a team event on Saturday. I rang one of them last night to arrange it. I am just going to make myself more sociable with the women, but also play more often with the men. I'll leave G to his vets days on Tuesdays.

I just got a call from the son & I have bought the golf cart for $5K. I had better play lots of golf. I’ll get it delivered to our local course on Tuesday.
I am getting excited about the cart now. I'll go out tomorrow & pay for the cart.
Congrats!! I am sure it will lead to you playing more golf, which you like and I think is good for you. Here in the US we have communities that allow golf carts on the roads, some even have special golf cart trails and lanes.

The treasurer of the club said they would be interested in buying it if it doesn’t work out for me so that’s handy to know.
That is good to know, but I have a feeling you won't want to get rid of it any time soon. Exciting stuff, all that extra socializing!

Exactly--great to know that there are options if you decide the cart isn't for you, but I feel like it should be a very good move to have purchased it!

Thanks, Llama & Liza. I'm going out to the course this afternoon to pay for the cart & I'll set it up ready for me to play tomorrow & recharge it. I'm quite excited about it now. I'll try not to put too much stuff in it. I really have this tendency to overthink things & it can bog me down. I'm not sure that I have checked this particular cart out, but I think it's the same as A's & there will be a section behind the seat with storage space. I think it's the better cart (newer) of the 2 as they were going to keep this one & sell A's.

Yay for the new cart! I'm really happy for you, Cate. I love playing both the mixed and the ladies in tennis, so good for you to play with the men also. I generally find it's better craic, to be honest.

Yay for the new cart! I'm really happy for you, Cate. I love playing both the mixed and the ladies in tennis, so good for you to play with the men also. I generally find it's better craic, to be honest.
Thanks, Em. Playing with the men is more fun, especially when you also play with some of the women you like.
Awesome--so good to hear!
Thanks, Liza. I'll be heading off soon. I'll play with T & hopefully, K.

Thanks, Liza. I'll be heading off soon. I'll play with T & hopefully, K.
Hope it was fun! How's your wrist feeling? All better?

Back