Cate's Diary

That seems like a good idea to just sort of see what's out there and what looks like might be a good fit. How would G feel about a move?
I don't think either of us is ready to leave this house, but it doesn't hurt to look. We do need to have a few things fixed up here though. When the day comes & we know we want/have to move it will be better if the house is ready too.

My weight has jumped up again :(
I am going to track again as of today :(

Ok I need to seriously join you in tracking. I am bouncing around like a ping pong ball! We can do this! It sounds really good to causually look at houses and start thinking about what criteria really matter to you both. I think if you find the right house with what you really love in it, your forest house will be a happy memory, and you will feel at home in your new place, too. I am feeling that way about our new place, anyway. I get periods of needing to sleep a lot. I hope you don't worry too much about it. Your fruit does sound lovely, and I'm glad you are all fixed up again.

It's hard to keep up with the tracking isn't it...I found in the past year I could track for a bit, then lose some weight and then forget about it again and jump back up...i want to avoid that pattern this time round. We can do it!

Yoyoing is super annoying. I'm not going to track while I'm away (but I will try to be mostly sensible ) so I'll join you all when I get back.

Ok I need to seriously join you in tracking. I am bouncing around like a ping pong ball! We can do this! It sounds really good to causually look at houses and start thinking about what criteria really matter to you both. I think if you find the right house with what you really love in it, your forest house will be a happy memory, and you will feel at home in your new place, too. I am feeling that way about our new place, anyway. I get periods of needing to sleep a lot. I hope you don't worry too much about it. Your fruit does sound lovely, and I'm glad you are all fixed up again.
I'm trying to mentally prepare us for moving at least & will keep on decluttering. I am able to move on when I need to but will need to fall in love with our next place. I think I really must need this sleep. My system is much better & I think a few prunes each night is doing the trick.
It's hard to keep up with the tracking isn't it...I found in the past year I could track for a bit, then lose some weight and then forget about it again and jump back up...i want to avoid that pattern this time round. We can do it!
That's what I do & it's very frustrating. I need to keep getting on those scales so that I can't forget. I have been terrible. Ignorance is not bliss :blush5:
Yoyoing is super annoying. I'm not going to track while I'm away (but I will try to be mostly sensible ) so I'll join you all when I get back.
The more the merrier. I'm in need of moral support as much as the next person. I have been feeling so tired & lacking in enthusiasm, but will need to find some very soon!

Our son, R made an unexpected trip up yesterday to support a friend whose father is dying. He hadn't been able to contact her & as it turned out she was too busy organising interstate family & his friends to catch up last night. He came out here instead & stayed the night & has gone in to catch up with her & hopefully her dad today.
He had food with him, including a piece of chocolate cake, which we shared. It was delicious. I could not have that in my house on a regular basis!
It was nice to have a chat & catch up on some of his news. It seems to be working out well with his new GF. K9 has met her twice now & they got along really well. She will be moving to Mexico this coming Sunday & R is driving her to the airport. She is driving his van at the moment as she has sold her car. They will remain friends forever I think.

He came out here instead & stayed the night & has gone in to catch up with her & hopefully her dad today.
He had food with him, including a piece of chocolate cake, which we shared. It was delicious. I could not have that in my house on a regular basis!
It was nice to have a chat & catch up on some of his news.
Nice that you got a nice little visit in--especially one with delicious chocolate cake!!

R may not be the most practical in all things but he's clearly a very good man.
Thanks, LaMa. He really is 💓
Nice that you got a nice little visit in--especially one with delicious chocolate cake!!
It was nice to see him, Liza. The chocolate cake was way too nice!
That's great that you got to spend time with R. I need some advice from him on how to keep my love life going! Hahaha.
Thanks, Em. That made me smile 😃 I am not going to be hopeful about R sticking with anyone as my heart has been broken many times. I really love K9!

I’m tracking every morsel again starting today. I feel pretty good so that helps.

Yay for feeling pretty good. :) I think since tracking has helped you so much in the past, it must be the way to go for you. I follow the CICO forum (calories in calories out) on Reddit and you can't really argue with #science. People get great results.

For me, I would just prefer a 3 meals, 2 snacks per day routine, because essentially, I know enough about calories to make that the 2000 I would be aiming for at this weight. But if you like to track, then go for it! I'm rooting for you Cate.

Yay for feeling pretty good. :) I think since tracking has helped you so much in the past, it must be the way to go for you. I follow the CICO forum (calories in calories out) on Reddit and you can't really argue with #science. People get great results.

For me, I would just prefer a 3 meals, 2 snacks per day routine, because essentially, I know enough about calories to make that the 2000 I would be aiming for at this weight. But if you like to track, then go for it! I'm rooting for you Cate.
Thanks, Em. I do think I need to keep track of everything or I'm just kidding myself.
Excellent! i am starting again today as well :)
Go, us! I had better go back & double-check yesterday....... :blush5:

I almost forgot to come back & finish my diary entry. I may just have got a little side-tracked inputting recipes for a few things I have regularly, rather than saving them as "meals". Today's sodium intake would not be approved by my cardio. I won't change the planned food for today though as G has it organised.
BF was 1/4 avocado & 2 eggs on toast.
Lunch will be prawn gyozas with salad.
Dinner: Chicken curry with lots of veggies, mostly steamed.
After dinner, we'll have fruit with maybe 4 squares of chocolate & 1/2 a piece of licorice..

Nice you had a visit from R. and I'm glad R and K9 will remain friends. I am starting to think about what I put my energy into lately, and it's good to put it into tracking calories instead of into constantly resisting temptation. Then I'll have more energy to focus on things that I want to do and on enjoying life instead of on fighting myself. Go us!

Today's sodium intake would not be approved by my cardio. I won't change the planned food for today though as G has it organised.
Good you can stay aware of that...i never track my sodium, but for me I need to keep an eye on protein...tracking is helpful for these things too isn't it? To stay aware of not just calories but what sorts of things we are taking in!

Hi Cate, haven't stopped by in a while. Tracking EVERYTHING makes a huge difference for me as well. And I am paying attention to clutter again as well. I would like my home to be relaxing and not need to go on vacation to stay in a serene space.

Nice you had a visit from R. and I'm glad R and K9 will remain friends. I am starting to think about what I put my energy into lately, and it's good to put it into tracking calories instead of into constantly resisting temptation. Then I'll have more energy to focus on things that I want to do and on enjoying life instead of on fighting myself. Go us!
Redirecting our energy & not fighting ourselves is a very good way of putting it, M. Go us indeed!
Good you can stay aware of that...i never track my sodium, but for me I need to keep an eye on protein...tracking is helpful for these things too isn't it? To stay aware of not just calories but what sorts of things we are taking in!
I rarely get enough protein either, Liza but sodium has been creeping up & I don't want my aneurysm to grow anymore so I had better pull my socks up & concentrate. I rarely crave sweet food, but often crave salty.
Hi Cate, haven't stopped by in a while. Tracking EVERYTHING makes a huge difference for me as well. And I am paying attention to clutter again as well. I would like my home to be relaxing and not need to go on vacation to stay in a serene space.
I will have to really make tracking a high-priority Fiera & getting on those scales more regularly. Ignorance is not bliss. Decluttering your home really does make it more relaxing & enjoyable. It's time I did another section. I have a hall cupboard that needs some serious work. Maybe tomorrow while G is at golf?

This week's plan-
Log everything every day (1450 cals). That figure should have me losing between .25-.5 kg a week. Be sensible & realistic, Cate ;) I just put in what I expect/plan to eat today & without any wine or a snack after lunch, it's 1192 cals.
2 walks a day.
Garden for 10 mins each day. (It's cold, wet & windy out there!)

As you declutter, I am putting stuff away for the first time - cluttering! That's so good you can do it a little at a time so it's satisfying instead of overwhelming! It sounds fun doing 10 minutes of garden time in the cold and wet - just enough for it to be nice before you get too wet or cold. I like getting on the scales nearly every day. That way I know when the weight is starting to creep up and I can see that right away. I try not to get too worried about the 3 pound + or - swing I usually get when doing that.

Thanks, M. I think I should be a bit more ruthless with my decluttering. When we do eventually move it must be into a smaller house. The bar & kitchen stuff will be the hardest to reduce. I think we need to get someone in to quote for cleaning our windows. The last time we had someone else do them he said he couldn't do the high ones, so we felt it was a waste of money. They really need doing. Our cork tiles need sanding back & resealing, especially in the kitchen. I have the phone number of someone who comes well recommended. It needs to be low or no VOC sealant.
Our roof also needs painting. We have our neighbour lined up to do the job in the spring, but I need to get a quote before we give the final go-ahead

I just added some more recipes to MFP to make it easier to log my food. G changed his plans for today so I just changed my logging. I've got this!

but sodium has been creeping up & I don't want my aneurysm to grow anymore so I had better pull my socks up & concentrate. I rarely crave sweet food, but often crave salty.
Oh i didn't know that sodium affected aneurysms! Yes quite important to watch that then...I don't eat salty snacks so much, but I do seem to add a lot of salt to my food--I notice when I eat with others I will often be the only one adding salt...
This week's plan-
Log everything every day (1450 cals). That figure should have me losing between .25-.5 kg a week. Be sensible & realistic, Cate ;) I just put in what I expect/plan to eat today & without any wine or a snack after lunch, it's 1192 cals.
2 walks a day.
Garden for 10 mins each day. (It's cold, wet & windy out there!)
Awesome goals Cate!

I rarely crave sweet food, but often crave salty.
For me salty cravings generally mean I'm low on protein. Except when it's hot and I sweat a lot, of course...

Back