Cate's Diary

Poor Archie. Let's hope the vet can figure out a workable solution.
He was fine when we got home. We have decided to make his food today & see how he goes with that. I think he needs vegetables. We'll do a mix of pumpkin, a little rice, some peas, grated zucchini & chicken. I'm a bit low on veg until we get a delivery tomorrow, but next time we'll add carrot & celery.
Archie is the cutest! I hope the vet can help him. Hope the funeral went okay.
He is. He's as good as gold today. I do feel his diet is lacking & we'll try to fix that.
The funeral was disappointing. It didn't reflect who our friend really was. It was tedious & long-winded. It reflected on her early life & not the life we knew her in. It was odd really. I think her family may have planned it from afar. She was one of ten & most of them wrote something to be read out. They were so similar & it took up most of the time.
Every funeral we go to helps us to think about what we would like for our own. I want people to laugh at mine. I have had a good life.

OK. It's time to refocus on losing weight....
I shared a bottle of red wine with G last night & I can't be doing that every night again. It's an easy trap to fall into.
Tonight I can have one glass only.
BF was 2 eggs & 1/4 of an avocado on spelt sourdough toast.
Lunch will be pho.
1 glass of red wine max.
Dinner will be braised lamb shanks(our own) & lots of veggies.
Followed by a fruit platter.
Log your calories!
I'll have to get my exercise running around the snooker table as it's raining again!

That's wonderful you can make your own dog food that helps Archie's digestion. I'd really like to find a good cat food recipe and make my own! Can you ask G to help you not consume much wine? I have trouble with the sweets J and K like to eat, but if I tell them, they'll remind me that I said I didn't want to indulge. It's hard logging calories, but it does help a lot it seems - ugh!

That's wonderful you can make your own dog food that helps Archie's digestion. I'd really like to find a good cat food recipe and make my own!

We made a rice, pumpkin & pea blended mix & I mixed it up with his cooked chicken. He loved it!
Can you ask G to help you not consume much wine?
Ha! 🤣 He usually is the one suggesting it. I have to show some self control. I can do it. I’ll log my food right now 😊😘

I'm no dog expert by a long shot but are dogs with digestive issues supposed to eat legumes?

What a shame that your friend's funeral didn't celebrate her life. And how sad that so many siblings would leave the service poorer rather than richer.

Every funeral we go to helps us to think about what we would like for our own. I want people to laugh at mine. I have had a good life.
:) I'm always making various funeral plans....sort of funny like planning our last party...but yeah nice to have ideas of what we would want our last sharing to be like. I wrote mine out and passed it to siblings so they know what I would like
Glad Archie was back to feeling better.
And yes! back to planning--good for you!--very easy to slip into old habits fast as I well know!

I'm no dog expert by a long shot but are dogs with digestive issues supposed to eat legumes?
There really were only about 8 green peas in the mix. I looked up lots of sites & they all said some peas are beneficial, even with pancreatitis, which he doesn't have as far as I know.
What a shame that your friend's funeral didn't celebrate her life. And how sad that so many siblings would leave the service poorer rather than richer.
It was a shame. Whoever coordinated it (the funeral director) should have suggested shortening them I think. It would have been too hard for B, her partner to ask I think.
:) I'm always making various funeral plans....sort of funny like planning our last party...but yeah nice to have ideas of what we would want our last sharing to be like. I wrote mine out and passed it to siblings so they know what I would like
Good for you! I haven't got that far, but I really must.
Glad Archie was back to feeling better.
He's all good now, thank goodness & loves his new food.
And yes! back to planning--good for you!--very easy to slip into old habits fast as I well know!
I'm trying liza.

I have had a good day today. G played golf again & I took Arch into town & took him for a few walks. Kept to within my cals. Read part of a whopping great book, The Shadow of the Wind, rang my older brother for his birthday & generally just had a good day.

I looked up the summary of The Shadow of the Wind, and it looks really intriguing and fun! I could sit and read today. It's dumping down rain outside and then stopping, and dumping again - perfect day for a book like that! Funny, I have never thought of anyone having a funeral for me. Now that I think of it, I'll ask for a tree to be planted for me - that would make me happy. So glad you are enjoying exercising with Archie!

I have had a good day today. G played golf again & I took Arch into town & took him for a few walks. Kept to within my cals. Read part of a whopping great book, The Shadow of the Wind, rang my older brother for his birthday & generally just had a good day.
G is making me jealous with all his golf! I need to get out more.

I looked up the summary of The Shadow of the Wind, and it looks really intriguing and fun!
It's not really fun, M. I had thought it was similar to another book I had read but when I looked up Goodreads to read some reviews halfway through the book I see that I had read it 11 years ago & given it 4 stars. :blush5: Have you read A Man Called Ove? I loved that book!
Funny, I have never thought of anyone having a funeral for me. Now that I think of it, I'll ask for a tree to be planted for me - that would make me happy.
It's the best time to plan your own. You can make it fun & what you want. I want people to go away feeling good.
So glad you are enjoying exercising with Archie!
He's the reason I get out walking every day. He nags me. He even nags me when it's bedtime. He looks at me with his big brown eyes, wagging his little tail. Good boy, Archie.
G is making me jealous with all his golf! I need to get out more.
He won the day too. He plays at least once a week & walks each time.

I kept within my calories yesterday which was good. I must weigh myself tomorrow.

Hi Cate, I just loved the idea of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books. I need to unpack mine - I used to go to the SF Big Book Sale every year with my mom and we'd bring back the most amazing books, some were rare art books from China and Japan. So I have incredible books. I plan to read one on the Surrealists' lives next. I haven't read A Man Called Ove, but just put it on my wishlist. It looks really charming and fun!

I do agree about planning your own funeral, and really like the idea of it being fun. Maybe I'll make a poem for it.

That's really sweet Archie asks you to go to bed so he has company. My cat does that, too, except she howls a pretty good approximation of my name to call me to come! So good you are staying within calories!!

He's the reason I get out walking every day. He nags me. He even nags me when it's bedtime. He looks at me with his big brown eyes, wagging his little tail. Good boy, Archie.
Yes dogs so good for getting people out whatever their mood or whatever the weather!
Now that I think of it, I'll ask for a tree to be planted for me - that would make me happy.
One of my ideas is I would like a bench at one of my favorite walking spots in the town I grew up in. I love memorial benches :)

Marsia- I abandoned the book in the end. It was too heavy going. I want some light entertainment I think next. I really loved A Man Called Ove & so did G.
Liza- that memorial bench sounds like a lovely idea.
Em- I didn't weigh, but will just before my shower, even though I have had breakfast & half a pot of coffee.

I have been feeling really tired lately & have been sleeping about 8 hours a night plus nodding off during the evening. Maybe it's just winter.
I also am a little constipated at the moment. I must go & buy some apples tomorrow.

Thanks for the hug, LaMa :grouphug:

I weighed myself yesterday & I have bounced up again. I had better nip that in the bud. I felt like some wine & had one glass only last night. I won't have any tonight as G is off to play in an 8-ball comp final. I slept for another 8 hours last night as well as nodding off in my chair. This often happens to me in winter. Maybe I was a bear in another life ;)
I went into town with Arch yesterday to buy more fresh fruit (Fuji apples, purple pears & green grapes) & also got some prunes. I'm fixed.

I slept for another 8 hours last night as well as nodding off in my chair. This often happens to me in winter. Maybe I was a bear in another life
I think winter is such a nice time for us to get some extra sleep and be cozy like bears :)

The fruit sounds lovely! I need to buy some....the raspberry bushes have finished giving and when I went to eat some apples I had in the fridge for a while, they've all gone bad...So maybe today will be buy fruit day for me!

Thanks, Liza & Em. I surely should be caught up on my sleep by now though. Winter is cozy. I love the extra layers & I love gloves & scarves. We have needed them this year. It was minus again this morning. G & I have been in town for most of the day & are sitting having a pot of tea. I had an eye appointment to get new glasses now that I have had my cataracts done. We then met A & M for lunch(Chinese), checked out the front of a house for sale(very quiet street, very handy to everything) & did some frozen food (mostly fish) shopping. I'm mentally preparing for moving.....

checked out the front of a house for sale(very quiet street, very handy to everything) & did some frozen food (mostly fish) shopping. I'm mentally preparing for moving.....
That seems like a good idea to just sort of see what's out there and what looks like might be a good fit. How would G feel about a move?

Back