Cate's Diary

Cate

Long-term member.
Oh i didn't know that sodium affected aneurysms! Yes quite important to watch that then...I don't eat salty snacks so much, but I do seem to add a lot of salt to my food--I notice when I eat with others I will often be the only one adding salt...
Too much salt raises your blood pressure which can enlarge your arteries. I used to add so much salt to my food, but I also know it has crept back up.
Awesome goals Cate!
Thanks, Liza. Now to implement them :)
For me salty cravings generally mean I'm low on protein. Except when it's hot and I sweat a lot, of course...
I think I'm always low on protein, LaMa. I really struggle to get enough.

Yesterday I kept to within my 1450 cals, had 2 walks & turned over the compost. There were SO many worms. I have lots of different seeds ready for this spring.

Marsia

I can't wait to have a big enough compost to turn it over. So happy you have a nice one going! I am ordering seeds for spring while they are on sale. Sounds like a good day with lots of good exercise!

liza3

Yesterday I kept to within my 1450 cals, had 2 walks & turned over the compost. There were SO many worms. I have lots of different seeds ready for this spring.
Sounds like a great day Cate and exciting to have seeds waiting to be planted! Coming slowly into the fall here I am already making plans for what I might do differently next year...I just love gardening so much!
I got some protein powder yesterday so am going to start on that today...can't wait to see my protein goals hit their targets!

Llama

My parents currently have an unexpected but overwhelmingly abundant pumpkin/squash patch where my dad worked in compost last year and it's the most beautiful thing :D

alligatorob

Respected Member
Hey Cate!
Yesterday I kept to within my 1450 cals, had 2 walks & turned over the compost. There were SO many worms.
Sounds like a good day. How are you doing with drinking? Did you do the dry July? Sorry if you have already posted, I know I am behind.

We also have a compost pile, but in our climate its very dry right now, no worms.

Cate

Long-term member.
Thanks, Marsia, Liza, LaMa, Rob & Em :grouphug:
I didn't do any gardening yesterday, but did get 2 walks in & kept within my calories. I felt really tired & lacking in energy yesterday & then last night had a bit of a rough night. G was gone most of the day & evening & I put too much wood on the fire last night & it smoked & the smoke crept back into the house. A lot of our windows are not sealed properly. They were very expensive & double glazed when not many houses had double glazing here. The company went bust not long after so we had/have no comeback. I'll make sure we don't chock it up tonight. I hadn't felt well in the morning but pushed myself out the door anyway. I got to have a good chat with a neighbour who was on his way home. He stopped & wound down the window & was in chat mode, which was nice as he's a bit of a hermit.
I am going to lunch with J today, but would much rather stay home. I really like her so will go. Yes, @alligatorob I did Dry July. J rang me to say that she & her husband were donating $100 & I assumed she had done it online & that it had just gone into the general funds rather than into my fundraising, but apparently she doesn't do anything online & wants to meet me for lunch to give me the $100. This means my total is $600, rather than the $500 I was hoping to get. Last year I quite enjoyed doing Dry July, but this year I struggled a bit but managed to do it. I got some lovely support.

Yesterday I kept to within my 1450, no wine, 2 walks, no gardening. I'll get G to walk Arch this morning I think. I feel like I could go to sleep (at 8.30 am!)

liza3

sorry to hear about the rough smoky night! Good for you getting out despite not feeling great after that.
Sounds like you met all your goals--good for you!
I feel like I could go to sleep (at 8.30 am!)
I've had mornings where I have gone right back to sleep after breakfast!

Emilyrose

Sometimes I get up and have breakfast and go back to bed if I'm feeling really flat. Nothing wrong with it!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well with the smoke - hope you had a better night last night.

Cate

Long-term member.
Thanks, Liza, LaMa, Floater & Em. We made sure not to chock up the wood heater last night & I got a really good night's sleep.
I got really crabby with G yesterday. As I was driving into town I heard a weird noise under the car. I pulled off the highway to check & saw that the front bumper bar was split in the middle & bits were hanging down. It was almost completely off. G had hit a kangaroo on his way home the night before & told me that it had dented the bumper bar a little. He was so tired when he got home that he obviously didn't have a look in the light of the garage. Luckily I saw a farmer on the opposite side of the highway & ran over to ask if he had any rope on his 4-wheeled bike to tie it up with. He didn't but hurried home, brought some back & tied it up for me. That got me into town & I went straight to the panel beaters & left it there while I met J for lunch, which was just across the road. I was so crabby with G as I had decided to sell this car as I hate driving it. I want a small car again so that I can get my driving confidence back again.
I had to go through the rigmarole of ringing a call centre & answering a squillion questions, got approval for the repairs & rang the panel beater back. I will be $500 out of pocket. We're not very financial at the moment. I stayed crabby with G for the rest of the day & evening. I had suggested that G keep this car for himself & we'll sell his manual one & he hadn't thought that was a good idea but I think he has decided to do that. He could keep his clubs in the boot as it's huge & still have room for other people.

I kept to within my cals yesterday, got my steps in and did some Tai Chi. It's bucketing down with rain right now. 16 mm overnight.
@Marsia apparently it is definitely La Nina & we can expect a very wet spring & summer!

Trusylver

Sport and Exercise Coach
Staff member
I kept to within my cals yesterday, got my steps in and did some Tai Chi. It's bucketing down with rain right now. 16 mm overnight.
@Marsia apparently it is definitely La Nina & we can expect a very wet spring & summer!

There are a lot of people in my area who are very concerned for the forecast, after 3 floods already this year some people just will not cope if there are more.

Cate

Long-term member.
I guess that's normal, though? Like hitting deer?
Unfortunately it is. I’m trying to not assume that he wasn’t concentrating enough on the road. Wallabies & kangaroos have no road sense whatsoever & can hop off but then turn around & hop right back in front of you. I am such a slow driver at night here. We have a lot of wildlife!

liza3

Gosh that sounds like a helluva day for everyone-you, G, the kangaroo...
Glad you could find some help on your way to town--that sounds so stressful!

Nice work on the tai chi...i should really be incorporating that esp considering my on-going sore shoulder lately. I will try!