Cate's Diary

Excellent! Keep taking it easy for a while but I'm sure Archie will be thrilled.
So glad you can get out again and that you are feeling better and better!
Thanks, LaMa & M. I think I will have to take it easy for a while. I still feel really chesty & my lungs haven't cleared yet. I had a pesky cough all night. Archie enjoyed his outing & it was good to do a few things. It was raining so we didn't get much walking in though.
I am really grateful that we are home again & I am in no rush to leave the state for a long time.

Thanks, Em.
The cough may hang around a while, but it's good to know I've given covid the flick for now anyway. I woke with a ticklish cough last night but had a lozenge next to the bed & that did the trick. I had a great night's sleep.
I'm not sure what I'll do today, but may do what I did yesterday, which was get in 2 walks with Arch, do some more housework, some more reading & maybe a little bit of gardening. I want to have more veggies & herbs in this spring.

Thanks, Em.
The last couple of days have passed slowly. I'm going to have to be busier! Yesterday I decided we really had to go somewhere today, but when we woke up the feeling had gone. I'm going to throw myself into some winter cleaning!
Edit: Another really solid night's sleep. I am left with a very pesky cough after having had covid. I just can't seem to be able to clear my throat.

Last edited:
I agree with you both - with super bad flu and when I might have had Covid (before it was announced to the public just before the start of all this), it really helped to ignore those feelings of doing too much so that I got extra good rest and didn't cause another round of it. When I had what I now think was Covid, I wheezed when I breathed too deep, and resting was essential to give my lungs time to clear and heal. So glad you're taking it easy and healing up fully!!

Thanks M & LaMa. I do listen to my forum friends & my inner reasonably sensible self. I started tackling a biggish job, but abandoned it when I realised it was too much. Our ensuite does not get enough sunshine or fresh air. I thought it was more serious( mould) but it wiped off. I haven’t finished the job & the bathroom needs to be painted & we need a better fan. It’s difficult when your exterior walls are stone.
I read yet another book.

I've lived in several very damp houses, so I know what you mean about poor circulation and worrying about what you are breathing in. So glad it wipes off, and also that you follow your intuition about what might be too big of a job! I hope you can ask G for help with it if it's affecting your breathing. It's a pain in the neck when you feel like getting things done and you might need to take it easy instead. So glad you are taking it easy though!

Thanks, M & LaMa. I think I'll be taking things easy for a while. I'll do this job in instalments. A friend of ours has quit his farm machinery job & is self-employed again painting & doing general handyman jobs. I might talk to him soon about our bathroom & the other things on my to-do list.
I had another really good night's sleep last night. I have been taking a swig of cough medicine at bedtime & it has been helping stop the nighttime cough.

Having someone trusted to do odd jobs like that is great. Especially if you're helping them out at the same time.

That's wonderful you have someone who really knows your house who can help out. I really miss our general contractor from CA. He was so friendly and personable and really knew his stuff. He became a friend of the family. Glad the cough medicine helped and you got a good night's sleep!

Thanks, M. I'm still inclined to try to do many of the jobs ourselves as our money is limited. The last time we had a friend do a job for us it cost about twice what we thought it would & he left a lot of things not finished.
I had yet another really good night's sleep. I'm trying really hard not to fall asleep during the afternoon or evening.

Back