Cate's Diary

I know what you mean. I was shocked at how much it cost just to paint our great room, the kitchen and a ceiling in this house. That's why we're doing the rest ourselves. Glad you are sleeping well and hope it goes well with staying up so you sleep though the night! Happy dreams!

Labor cost is crazy expensive. Was it also twice as much as what he had estimated it would cost?

I think I was shocked at how much he charged us per hour for his time which was also in cash, rather than on the books. It was a lot more than he had said it would be. It was a lesson learned. I think you always have to get a quote no matter who does a job & then I expect people to stick to it. I have been nervous to get people here to do work since but made sure to get a price first.

I feel today is a countdown to a new start(another one!). I am doing Dry July starting Friday, raising money for cancer research. I wish I had never signed up for the fund-raising part as it's embarrassing to ask people for money. Oh, well. I won't do that again.
My July plan-
1400 cals per day
No alcohol

Could you conveniently forget about the fundraising part? Good plan, and I need a new start, too!
I think I will. I have raised $250 so it's better than nothing I suppose.
I forgot to say that I had an awful night last night & am dog tired this afternoon. We went to a major shopping centre today & did some shopping. I am struggling to stay awake, which is why I have my laptop out. G is sound asleep, as is Arch.

I have had 2 more donations today after reposting in FB so don’t feel so bad about it. Asking on FB feels ok, emailing doesn’t. I also have really limited my FB friends so don’t have many to ask. Getting there….

I feel today is a countdown to a new start(another one!). I am doing Dry July starting Friday, raising money for cancer research. I wish I had never signed up for the fund-raising part as it's embarrassing to ask people for money. Oh, well. I won't do that again.
My July plan-
1400 cals per day
No alcohol

sounds like a great plan. I'm going to try and work on my writing project in July (camp nanowrimo). I think it is great that you are raising money for cancer research. I had several people in my family with cancer. I'd donate, but literally have no money. The last time I had any money was at the end of January. Ugh.

sounds like a great plan. I'm going to try and work on my writing project in July (camp nanowrimo). I think it is great that you are raising money for cancer research. I had several people in my family with cancer. I'd donate, but literally have no money. The last time I had any money was at the end of January. Ugh.
You're sweet, Tom :grouphug:
Money is always a tough subject but especially now. It sucks that the necessary things can't just get funded by governments. Yay for dry July!
Even when G & I went through a very tough time decades ago I could not ask our friends for help.

I'm winding down to the end of June, knowing that I will be "dieting" again at the end of the month. I'm almost looking forward to it. Ah, to get to the place where I never need to "diet" ever again.

I don't know if I'll ever get to the place where I don't need to diet, but I am so grateful not to be so darned chubby that it makes me feel awful anymore. I am very grateful to all you guys for being on this forum and sharing your journeys with me and helping me with mine!!!

I absolutely won't sign up for charity stuff because I hate asking anyone for money. All the school charities I just put in the minimum from our family and called it good enough. I think it's a great idea posting on FB and then if someone is inspired to help they can do so without pressure. I think you did really well doing it that way!

I don't know if I'll ever get to the place where I don't need to diet, but I am so grateful not to be so darned chubby that it makes me feel awful anymore. I am very grateful to all you guys for being on this forum and sharing your journeys with me and helping me with mine!!!
I hope to get there one day. I know I will always have to keep an eye on it, but I want to get back down & stay down, within 2-3 kg.
I absolutely won't sign up for charity stuff because I hate asking anyone for money. All the school charities I just put in the minimum from our family and called it good enough. I think it's a great idea posting on FB and then if someone is inspired to help they can do so without pressure. I think you did really well doing it that way!
I definitely won't do it again.
Same.

Also same!
Let's hope we get to the stage where we can feel good about our bodies & stay that way!

Yay for feeling good about our bodies.

I must give you some money for that, I will do it in the next few days, too tired to go looking at it now.

Yay for feeling good about our bodies.
That would be good. That will be good!
Tomorrow is going to be a total reset for me. I am going to do a monthly plan for the rest of this year.
July '22 plan.
<1400 cals per day,
No alcohol. I'm doing "Dry July" to raise money for Cancer support & research (pm me for details if you would like to donate).
2 walks a day.
10+ mins another exercise (Tai Chi?)

Such a good idea to do a monthly plan. I love that you are going to do a little Tai Chi some days, too. I really need to reincorporate yoga, and your plan is inspiring me to do that. Are you feeling good enough for 2 walks a day now? I really hope so!

Sounds like a good plan. You can do this.
Thanks, LaMa. I have started :) Happy July!
Such a good idea to do a monthly plan. I love that you are going to do a little Tai Chi some days, too. I really need to reincorporate yoga, and your plan is inspiring me to do that. Are you feeling good enough for 2 walks a day now? I really hope so!
I think so too, M. It's time to bring back Tai Chi. I have missed it. I'll do either TC or meditate. My knee is holding up well & would prefer I didn't walk up or down our steep driveway, but my lungs & legs are holding up well.
Last night one of my golf friends rang to say she & her husband had just made a substantial donation to my Dry July cause. We had a lovely chat & lots of laughs.
Day 1. I'm away!
Weight has been up since our trip to Queensland. 14kg to lose.

Back