Alligatorob's Diary

Happy 70th Birthday!!!

Thanks for all the b-day wishes, @Cate , @Llama , and @vic32 good to hear from y'all. And @Emilyrose for the heart thing. 70 seems like it ought to be a big deal, but other than starting Social Security (our government pension) doesn't feel so different. Suppose it may have motivated me to get back on track. I think I am back to the one day at a time thing, it worked for me for a long while...

Yesterday was a good day, we hosted a big bbq, about 35 people and tons of food. I still managed to do well. Saved my calories for the dinner and came out fine.

Oh, and for my birthday I did go fishing, of course. Caught my first swordfish, and had some of it on my b-day. It really was good!

IMG_3100a.jpg
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Last edited:
What an incredible-looking fish. I'm glad you had a good day, Rob. I think I'll have a get-together for mine too. Taking this day by day is the best approach I think. Have a bad day? Pft! That was just one day & then try to do better tomorrow, rinse & repeat.....

Today was a good day, I ate well and feel good tonight. Tomorrow I go back to the gym, that will feel good.

Starting to prepare for my knee surgery, S-day is October 3rd, 2 weeks from tommorrow.
Birthdays are pretty random conventions but I'm glad you had a great day.
I know, but they can be milestones or reminders of our age. Amazing how one day you're 30 and then before you know it 70!
Rob. I think I'll have a get-together for mine too. Taking this day by day is the best approach I think. Have a bad day? Pft! That was just one day & then try to do better tomorrow, rinse & repeat.....
Hey Cate, do that get together it will be fun. If I'm in Tasmania I expect an invite, LOL! Some day I do hope to be.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It was a good day, back at the gym and I did 2 hours, 45 minutes and felt fine. Though my knee hurts a bit tonight. Ate pretty well and other than the knee feel good tonight.
Take it easy at the gym if you've been away for a while.
Hey, you know me I don't "take it easy", its all or nothing. I suspect you can be the same...

Back after a couple of days of bingeing, kinda feeling like its one step forward and two back of late. Trying to figure out the bingeing isn't getting me much. Even whilst doing it I know its bad for me, but then the compulsion takes over and I don't stop...

Oh well, today was one of those steps forward, just need to keep doing it. Got 3 hours in the gym today and will probably get at least 2 tomorrow. I am working hard to get my knees ready for the chopping, doing all the leg exercises my knee will tolerate.
I can be but by now it's hurt often enough for me to be more careful...
Careful? Don't guess I ever have been that with respect to my body, exercising or eating...

Yesterday was a good day, I ate well and got 2 hours in the gym, makes 11 hours for the week not bad.
My knee is playing up again too. I often feel like I’m taking 1 step forward & 2 steps back. We must keep trying, Rob!

So, we are much better off trying. Giving up would have me huge again. That is NOT happening & I don't think it will for any of us.
Absolutely! I know I am better off trying than not, a lot better off in fact. I don't plan to give up, but then none of the binges were planned...
I didn't try I'd be walking backwards all the way...
Yep, I know from past experience I can gain 100 pounds in a year or less, pretty sure that's what would happen again... I have regained some of the weight I lost, but still feel good, and healthy. More gain would change that...

Looks like I did not hit the post button this morning, LOL. Today was another good day. No gym but I did do a bit of yardwork, not a whole lot. Ate well and I feel good tonight.

Yesterday was good, almost 3 hours in the gym, I ate well and felt good.
Do you have a knee op scheduled soon?
Yep full replacement of both knees on Monday... Not looking forward to the process, but it should help me.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 0
Back