Alligatorob's Diary

It is tiresome indeed, but still better than doing the same thing at 100 lbs more
Absolutely! Been there done that, for sure. Posting regularly here helps me keep it in check. Will be trying to keep it up.

Fishing in British Columbia last week was good, freezer is now full of salmon and halibut.
IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg

Today was not a bad day. Calories were ok, but I had too much bread and peanut butter at dinner. Not terrible. And I went to the gym for a bit over an hour and a half, short for me but not bad.

Still feeling a bit down about the binges, and the realization that I may never be able to fully shake them... Oh well, trying is not a bad second best, I guess.
Those are some giant fish! Glad you had fun, even with binges.
Thanks Llama, not the biggest I have caught, but the total weight may have been the most I have gotten home with. About 125 lbs of fish in the freezer now. Guess you know what I'll be eating. And yes it is possible to binge and have a good time... not sure that is good, but it is true. I usually only feel bad afterwards...
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

If I felt bad as soon as I started binging I wouldn't do it, I'm sure... I often feel awful even before I finish but the 5-10 hours after are definitely worse.

Those fish look wonderful & you look very happy, Rob. I wish I had lots of fish in the freezer! It's something G has never done much of. He loves cooking fish but not going out to catch it. I hope you can keep the binges under control. It sounds like they will always be there as a temptation. I have been eating too much & must make a correction. Moderation is difficult.

Rob, you look so trim and healthy in those photos. You have a real light in your eyes.

Sometimes when it's all going to hell, I try to think about the positive things I've done for the day. You have definitely changed your eating habits for the most part, and for the most part is the important thing.

I am back, and not feeling great. I have been bingeing and overeating, that's about the sum of it all. I am trying to figure out what to do about it, it seems to me its just who I am. It feels so unnatural to fight it.

I last binged at lunch yesterday and was feeling pretty bad about things after that... Today I managed not to, and I guess all I can do is try not to tomorrow.

The good news is I am still exercising, that seems an easier habit for me to keep than eating well. And the funny thing is I feel pretty good, physically. I think I feel better when I am gaining weight, but I know where its headed, and I won't feel better a lot heavier.
If I felt bad as soon as I started binging I wouldn't do it, I'm sure...
For sure!
Moderation is difficult.
For me it seems impossible... easier to be on a very low cal diet than to eat right... Easier yet to binge...
Sometimes when it's all going to hell, I try to think about the positive things I've done for the day.
Thanks Emily, simple yet excellent advice!

I do appreciate y'all.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 3
No binge today, which makes it a good day. Did 2 hours in the gym, 2 Tabata classes and some band exercises. And tonight had 2.5 cords ~2.5 tons of firewood delivered, stacking that was real exercise. So a good exercise day.
Glad you’re back, Rob
Thanks Cate, its good to hear from you!
Could you plan for 3 weeks a month of 1500 kcal/day and one week of 3000 kcal or so?
That's worth considering, problem is I have more trouble not binging on a 3,000 calorie day than on a 1,200 calorie day. Its just hard for me to stop eating...

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 0
And tonight had 2.5 cords ~2.5 tons of firewood delivered, stacking that was real exercise. So a good exercise day.
That is really good exercise! That's a good amount of wood. Try not to abandon tracking on a bad day, Rob. That's what I'm going to do even though it's hard. I think it pulls me up.

Ok, yesterday I binged, and I recorded it... Not my worst binge by any measure, but a binge none the less.
So how many calories do you eat on a binge day? 5000? 10,000?
Yesterday 1,500, but I am sure I get into the 5,000 to 10,000 range at times. More so when I am bingeing more regularly.
Try not to abandon tracking on a bad day, Rob. That's what I'm going to do even though it's hard. I think it pulls me up.
Ok, I did, I do believe it will help, we'll see.
It sounds like an all or nothing mindset, Rob. Not easy to fix.
Yep, that's me. And I am not sure there is a fix, just something to be managed.

Nice to have you back here Rob :) Though I am sorry to hear you are struggling a bit...

Ok, yesterday I binged, and I recorded it... Not my worst binge by any measure, but a binge none the less.
Too bad about the binge, but I imagine it will help even just staying aware of it and recording it, and that's a win if it wasn't as bad as you can normally get.
Good too that you have a lot of healthy choices mixed into the day too.

How hard is it to get back on track after a binge? Since you're comfortable eating very low calories and probably still burn around 2000 kcal/day or more with all the activity you do you could have 1400 kcal/day for 6 days and have 5600 on the seventh. Probably not the best system, healthwise, but if it means you can manage your intake longer term it might be a workable compromise.

Hi Rob, sorry to hear you're struggling, too. I know you probably already thought of this ,but is there a way to put the offending food where it's a pain to get to or something like that? I am in the process of putting food away in cupboards and I think I am going to put high carb things where I'd have to get on a step stool to get at them, as carbs are my downfall usually. Great you are getting such good exercise, and I am wondering if you can very slowly work more calories into your low cal days somehow? I think I know what you mean about overeating leading to more overeating. I hope you find something that works well for you soon!

Back again... I have not been eating well, but today was a low calorie day, my first in a while. The binge has mostly been winning. No idea what I weigh, guess I need to find out, but not tonight.

Today's my 70th birthday, feeling kind of old.

Back