Alligatorob's Diary

The difference between the current pic and the old ones is mind-boggling. And you don't look old OR decrepit! For me watching myself get older in pictures is similar to seeing pictures or hearing recordings of myself: what I see/her is SO MUCH worse than what a friend would get.

Wow, what a transformation! Doing great, Rob!!!

do you ever run into old friends who don't recognize you? i sort of had the opposite a while back. a friend who i hadn't seen for years died and when i was at his celebration of life get together i didn't understand why many of the people i used to know didn't even notice my weight loss, but then i realized the last time i saw some of them, i was probably still in my 180's. it took a decade or two to balloon up my worst at about 225-230. though i did get a few general "you're looking good/ healthy" comments... never tire of hearing that.

Today was a good day, I ate well and feel good tonight. Long day of fishing, it was fun. Weather could have been better, but we survived.
I bet u feel like a different person to when u were big
Some things have changed, some a lot. However not all, some are the same. All in all I am quite happy with it.
I've just turned 48, i have had several times in my life when i've been overweight but only once have i hit 300lbs and that was this year.
I will soon turn 70, and I wish I had done this earlier in life, you are wise to. And was obese, if not 300+ pounds, for more than your 48 years. Nothing to be proud of, I hope you can beat this. It really does look like you are!
The difference between the current pic and the old ones is mind-boggling. And you don't look old OR decrepit! For me watching myself get older in pictures is similar to seeing pictures or hearing recordings of myself: what I see/her is SO MUCH worse than what a friend would get.
Thanks, and sometimes I feel the changes, and sometimes not. Guess that is just how it works. And thanks for reminding me, I know we are our own worst critics!
Wow, what a transformation! Doing great, Rob!!!
Thanks Vic, and it is good to hear from you!
do you ever run into old friends who don't recognize you?
I do, relatives sometimes too. It can feel good. I imagine the opposite, not so good.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

A good day, did some boating, but no fishing, fun anyway. I ate well, barbequed some of the fresh fish, I ate a lot and it was good.

So far anyway. Yes, I really like being out on the water, catching fish is just lagniappe.

Thanks, Llama, I am.
View attachment 52484

I've been watching what you eat for a while now, you eat so clean! I wish I could, but it isn't in the cards right now. I miss fishing.

Did you know that I have never heard of the word lagniappe outside of the forum? It's a wonderful word.

Today was a good day, drove to my friend's lake house and am spending the night here, got to swim in the lake, beautiful crystal clear warm water! I am flying home late tomorrow, bringing fish, not so many as last time but enough. I'm happy. And I ate well today, I believe the MFP calorie counts I am posting are probably low, but my weight is stable and I am feeling pretty good.
I've been watching what you eat for a while now, you eat so clean! I wish I could, but it isn't in the cards right now. I miss fishing.
Thanks Tom, but my eating probably isn't as good as it looks. I tend not to record or post binge days, I just say I have binged... If you focus why not eat "clean" as you put it. I suspect you can. Fishing is fun, and now that I am mostly retired I am trying to get caught up.
Did you know that I have never heard of the word lagniappe outside of the forum? It's a wonderful word.
Hey Cate, good to hear from you. Lagniappe is a good Louisiana word, my mother used to use it a lot. Don't know but I suspect it is of Native American origin and was adopted by the French Creoles around New Orleans. Just looked it up, and the origin is more complicated, it's derived from an Indigenous tribe in South America and traveled to Louisiana via the Spanish. Lagniappe
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Yesterday was a binge day, I tried to recreate it in my food diary, but it was probably even worse. Just recorded what I could remember today. Anyway today is starting out better, back on track I think.
This time you had to force-empty the freezer before going again so not as many is probably good.
You are right, and I have a couple more fishing trips planned this summer, so less may be better.
1 (2).png

Yesterday was a binge day
Back on track for me tomorrow too. You'll bounce right back, Rob.
I had a bad day a couple of days ago too, I ate lots of biscuits that were covered in thick chocolate (yummy lol). Weighed myself next day and sure enough I'd added 1lb in weight. But I was back on track the next day (yesterday). Today will be good too :)

I'm back, after a few weeks off the wagon and too many binges... This is getting tiresome, binge and gain weight then diet lose it and return to the binge cycle again. Two days back on track now, hope it sticks this time...
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob 1.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

It is tiresome indeed, but still better than doing the same thing at 100 lbs more. Good to have you back, Rob.

Back