Alligatorob's Diary

Today was not a bad day. I ate fairly well, did have a slice of dark chocolate covered bacon with dinner, but it was only 90 calories. A first, and probably last for me. No gym, but I kept pretty busy with projects most of the day.
Maybe now is a good time to see a nutritionist & get a tailored balanced “diet” to help with binge cravings.
Not a bad idea, I will try again. However this is a small town, a one dietician town. I may have to look a bit farther.
More than a BIT whacky. She sounded like someone trying to get rich off other people's desperation.
Yeah, the more I thought about it the more I realized y'all were right. She was more into selling expensive supplements and tests than diet...
I wouldn't be surprised if you derailed because you decided you were basically at your goal weight again.
I think that is probably right... Kind of ironic. You are sure right about maintenance being a different "ballgame".
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Today was a good day, I ate well, exercised, did a lot of work around the house, and feel good tonight.

Looks like I forgot to hit the post reply button yesterday, just did it.

Today was a good day. Bad news is I finally finished the fish from the freezer, but good news is next week I am headed back to Florida and hope to refill. No gym, but lots of work around the house.

I don't go fishing but I am looking forward for the forest to fill up with fruit soon. Cherries and strawberries are already there!

Today was a good day, back at the gym for 3 hours. Wore me out, but it felt good. And I ate well and feel good tonight.

Yesterday after recording and posting my food I had another peanut butter sandwich, not my worst binge, but not good either. Hopefully it won't happen tonight.
I don't go fishing but I am looking forward for the forest to fill up with fruit soon. Cherries and strawberries are already there!
That sounds good, are they wild or in orchards or farms? We have some feral apricots that grow along the irrigation canal, make for good free pickings. Not long now...

Some feral trees, some purebreds that were planted along roads, mostly wild ones. I never pick the wild strawberries though because I've been told you can get rabies from anything low enough that foxes might've peed on it. (No idea if that's true but rabies is horrendous enough that I don't want to risk it even a tiny bit.) That leaves cherries, mirabels, raspberries, blackberries, cornel cherries, physalis, barberries, sometimes tiny apples, plus all kinds of nuts and seeds.

It was a good day, I ate well, got in a good exercise day at the gym, and feel good tonight. It was 3 hours and 15 minutes at the gym, but the last hour or so was yoga, not hard exercise. I got pretty tired. I know I am not doing badly, but I don't seem to have quite the energy I had before the rash thing. Oh well, just surviving 3+ hours in the gym is not bad.
I never pick the wild strawberries though because I've been told you can get rabies from anything low enough that foxes might've peed on it. (No idea if that's true but rabies is horrendous enough that I don't want to risk it even a tiny bit.)
I had never heard that, so I looked it up. The CDC says: "Blood, urine, and feces are not infectious. The exposure of intact skin to infectious tissue or fluids rarely constitutes a risk for virus transmission. Rabies is not transmitted through contaminated objects or materials such as clothes or bedding." So you may be ok, I have never worried about eating wild strawberries or other berries, but may wash them better now.
Some feral trees, some purebreds that were planted along roads, mostly wild ones. ... cherries, mirabels, raspberries, blackberries, cornel cherries, physalis, barberries, sometimes tiny apples, plus all kinds of nuts and seeds.
That sounds really good, a wild or semi-wild cornicopia!

Today was a good day, but yesterday was not so much, I binged yesterday. Good news is not today!

Tomorrow evening I fly to Florida for a week of fishing. May not be able to post regularly, but will do what I can. Eating may be a challenge too, will do my best. I am going to the gym tomorrow morning, one last day before a week+ off.
Did your doctor figure out what caused your rash?
Nope, I wish I knew. But so long as I have no rash or symptoms there really isn't much to diagnose... If it comes back I will get more testing done. Very strange, first time ever for me.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 0
Just a few minutes of internet accessibility so I will check in. So far so good, fishing was ok yesterday, not as good as some days, better than others. Weather will probably keep us in today.

Food has been ok, yesterday I ate mostly fruit, its what I took on the boat. I am pretty sure this was my lowest calorie day since leaving home. Will get more today. Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpgWas able to get it into MFP so here it is.
Have a great time in Florida, Rob xo
Thanks, I plan to, and am so far!
hope your post-rash fatigue settles soon.
Fishing seems the cure, now after 13 hours on the water I have post-fishing fatigue, it feels better!
Have fun !
Thanks Tru, so far I am!

Another good day, kind of a down day from fishing. And tomorrow the weather doesn't look good so probably no fishing.

The friend I am fishing with is on a crash diet, makes it easier for me to not over eat, but hard to get many calories. Opposite problem from what I expected.

The two biggest fish, a grouper and a red snapper. Caught 4 snapper and 3 grouper.
IMG_2907 (002).jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

I agree with Llama, you look healthy Rob.
What are your plans going forward? Do you plan any more weight loss or are you now happy and intend to maintain? It's hard to believe you were 300+lbs!

A good day, I ate well, very light most of the day and then dinner out. Calories still low, though probably not so low as MFP shows.
I think you're looking better now than you were at your lowest weight.
Thanks, and I do feel better too. Though I think that picture makes me look old and decrepit...
I agree with Llama, you look healthy Rob.
What are your plans going forward? Do you plan any more weight loss or are you now happy and intend to maintain? It's hard to believe you were 300+lbs!
Thanks Tyke. I don't make a lot of plans, other than to do well today. I am thinking staying in the 160s is probably right for me, so am not trying to make big changes now. Believe it I was over 300 for many years, probably more than you have been around. A couple of before pictures, I do not have any good ones.
Rob before 2.jpgRob before 1.jpg

A good day, I ate well, very light most of the day and then dinner out. Calories still low, though probably not so low as MFP shows.

Thanks, and I do feel better too. Though I think that picture makes me look old and decrepit...

Thanks Tyke. I don't make a lot of plans, other than to do well today. I am thinking staying in the 160s is probably right for me, so am not trying to make big changes now. Believe it I was over 300 for many years, probably more than you have been around. A couple of before pictures, I do not have any good ones.
View attachment 52462View attachment 52464

View attachment 52466
You're doing really well :), the photos show that. I bet u feel like a different person to when u were big. It's a good motivation for me to see pics like yours and Skurgeons, thankyou. I've just turned 48, i have had several times in my life when i've been overweight but only once have i hit 300lbs and that was this year. I think i will be so much happier when i get into the 160s too, it's a long term goal of mine.

Back