Alligatorob's Diary

Please have that checked, Rob. You would swear it's an allergic reaction to washing powder seeing as it's so consistent & shirt shaped. Your wife hasn't started using fabric softener, has she? That stuff is awful.

Today was a good day, no gym but did a lot of work around the house. My fitbit says more steps than on gym days. I ate well and am feeling better tonight.
Please do, because that's not normal.
It is starting to get better, if its not mostly gone over the weekend I will go back.
Hope you're feeling better alligatorob.
Thanks Tyke, I am.
Please have that checked, Rob. You would swear it's an allergic reaction to washing powder seeing as it's so consistent & shirt shaped. Your wife hasn't started using fabric softener, has she? That stuff is awful.
We have not been able to figure out what the cause was, but it seems to be getting better. Had to have been some kind of allergic reaction...
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Yesterday was a good day, ate well, no gym but lots of yardwork and work around the house. I will go back to the gym next week, but not until Thursday, have other plans earlier in the week.
Whatever caused it I'm glad you're feeling better!
Thanks Llama, it is not gone but getting a little better every day.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1
I thought I watched a Youtube video about mystery rashes and needed to warn you asap but then I realized it was a dream so red alert canceled :D

Yard work is usually a good workout. Is your place fenced, Rob? Do you get critters? I'm glad the rash is getting better.

Today was a good day, no gym but did a lot of housework. A rare rainy day kept me inside. I ate well and feel good tonight.
I thought I watched a Youtube video about mystery rashes and needed to warn you asap but then I realized it was a dream so red alert canceled
So I'm giving you nightmares? LOL I suppose you have had a lot more rash problems than I...
Yard work is usually a good workout. Is your place fenced, Rob? Do you get critters? I'm glad the rash is getting better.
Yes, yardwork can be hard work. No fence, we do have some deer but not many critter problems. The occasional skunk is unwelcome, but I don't think a fence would help.

So I'm giving you nightmares? LOL I suppose you have had a lot more rash problems than I...
About 15 years of them 🤷‍♀️ I guess it's made me hypervigilant. But even without that systemic rashes are kind of weird. I just worry too much.

Yay for rain in dry areas! I'm sure the plants were singing.

I know that we have some unique & unusual critters here in Oz, but the skunk is a fascinating creature. I'm glad they're not too much of a problem. Most animals would be trying to get at the peaches I would imagine, rather than a domestic yard.
Yay for a rare, rainy day :)

Yesterday was a good day, a busy one, lots of company. Had pizza for dinner and I still managed calories fine. It's still raining, probably the longest rain I can recall here. No where near enough to break the drought, but it won't hurt! We are taking the trailer camping in Idaho for a couple of days so I may be without internet connection soon.
Yay for rain in dry areas! I'm sure the plants were singing.
They are, just this few days of rain will turn the mountains above our house green, or greener anyway it is a desert!
I know that we have some unique & unusual critters here in Oz, but the skunk is a fascinating creature. I'm glad they're not too much of a problem. Most animals would be trying to get at the peaches I would imagine, rather than a domestic yard.
I know you do, animals I would like one day to see. The deer do some damage to the peach trees eating bark, but don't seem attracted to the peaches. Birds and bugs are the problem with peaches. Skunks are interesting, our dog has managed to get squirted a couple of times, takes hours of bathing and days of waiting to get the stink out.

We are taking the trailer camping in Idaho for a couple of days
Oh, fun. We haven't been hearing about trips in your 'trailer" so I was wondering if you had been going anywhere in it.
I know you do, animals I would like one day to see.
I hope you do :)
The deer do some damage to the peach trees eating bark, but don't seem attracted to the peaches. Birds and bugs are the problem with peaches. Skunks are interesting, our dog has managed to get squirted a couple of times, takes hours of bathing and days of waiting to get the stink out.
Eeuw! I hope the dog is more skunk wary now.

Yesterday was a good day, had a lot of company, niece and her family from Florida stayed the night and lots of folks visited. I still managed to eat well. And was surprised to see a new more recent low of 166 lbs this morning.
Have fun camping!
Thanks, we are thinking of not doing the camping because of the weather. Might just make a long day of it, the place we have reservations is up a dirt road and I have never been there. It does have hot springs so the weather would be fine for soaking, just not for camping. TBD
I hope the dog is more skunk wary now.
Not as much as I would like... Do you have skunks?

Fresh snow just up the mountain yesterday evening. This is as green as it ever gets here, the recent rains.
IMG_2859.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Yesterday was a good day, stopped at a cheese factory and bought some fresh cheese curds I had for dinner. Calories were a little over my 1,500 target, but not much. I am now at 166 and have decided to try and stay in this range for a while, not to lose much more right now. Course my plans rarely seem to match reality. Got to the area where we were going to camp but the weather rain/snow kept us from taking the trailer or staying overnight. It was however a good day for soaking in the hot springs.
IMG_2863.jpg
Snakes seem to like the warm water and ground. Nothing poisonous, just interesting.
IMG_2862.jpg

Great pics, Rob! Snakes are interesting, but here in Tassie there are only 3 & they are all venomous. You would have to really know your snakes over there. We don't have skunks :)
Maintaining at about 166-169 sounds like a good idea.

The hot springs and your home are gorgeous pics. That is one long snake! Glad you can tell if it's poisonous or not. That's wonderful you are down to 166! Do you have a strategy as far as maintaining weight? I really need to figure that out for when I get back down to low weight!

Today was a good day, ate well and feel good. Its back to the gym in the morning.
Snakes are interesting, but here in Tassie there are only 3 & they are all venomous. You would have to really know your snakes over there. We don't have skunks
The only venomous snakes in the US are pit vipers, except for the rare and easily identifiable coral snake. Pit vipers are easy to id from their heads, wide where they have the venom sac. If you look at the snake in the picture you can see its head is not much wider than the body, non-poisonous. When I was a kid in Florida I was a snake collector, used to trade and even sell them, caught a lot, and got pretty familiar with them. Out here the only poisonous snake we have is the rattlesnake. It can be colored a lot like the one in the picture, but with a wide head, and rattles of course. You are not missing out on anything with the skunks, LOL!
Maintaining at about 166-169 sounds like a good idea.
I'll probably try to stick around 165, I know from experience that my weight can vary 5 pounds or more just from water. Sticking in the 160s would be good.

Hey, that is some new picture you have!
Do you have a strategy as far as maintaining weight? I really need to figure that out for when I get back down to low weight!
Just keeping on keeping on... I don't seem to be good at strategy. I do find posting here is a big help, I plan to keep that up. Do you have a strategy for getting back down?

Do you have a strategy for getting back down?
It's not much of a strategy. I am just gardening for about 3 hours a day and between the workout and sweating up a storm, I am firming up. The scale is packed away while remodeling is happening, but if I it turns out that I am not losing slowly, I'll go back to calorie counting and IF. My pants are getting looser, so hopefully just the gardening will work. Also my kid will be here soon, and we plan to go swimming in the ocean or paddling around the river most days.

That's cool you were a snake collector as a kid. I liked snakes until I ran one over with my bike by mistake and then had Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom type snake dreams for years. I am still skittle-y around them.

165-170 would be a good, healthy range I think. You don't look like you have any excess fat on you. I'm glad we don't have skunks too. Snakes are cool, but I'm very wary of all of them. I like them anywhere except near our house.

Back