20lbs or less club

can i join you guys. i am looking to lose aout 15 to 20 pounds. I was down to 119 after i had my son a year ago when he was about 8 months old but managed to gain over the last few months and back at 140. I am only 5'1 and feel soo big. I am trying to get back to about 115. That would be great. I just started tryin to work out again. being a stay at home mom makes working out hard cause someone is always here. but i will commit to getting in atleast 3 days a week and get back to counting my WWpoints again.

Hi Lynn, YES join us! You sound just like me! I was very thin after my pg's and now I have gained and im also to 140 (well 139 today =) Im a SAHM too!
message me anytime! =)

I am near my target weight at 127 lb with a difference of 2 lb. But i feel very weak and without much energy for work or gym. Is it a normal feeling and relax myself or should i eat some kind of food with a lot of energy and without gaining weight? I don't really feel hungry.

Hello guys, new recruit here. :) Currently I weigh about 146 lbs and I'd ideally like to weigh about.. 130. I'm about 5'6.5" and taking it one day at a time.

Hi Everyone!
So glad to have found this thread. I am looking to lose around 20lbs. I'm 5'6 and after weighing around 150 lbs for a number of years, I managed to drop down to about 130 by mid-2007 through not much effort at all (moved abroad from the US). But then this past summer I had an accident and broke my elbow and wrist, which healed wrong and required medication and physio etc. So as a result of inactivity and the meds (off now thank goodness!), I'm now up to 145 :(

I'm not really fat, but none of my old clothes fit anymore, plus I just feel more comfortable at the lower weight so I am determined to start doing something about it. I have just joined a gym (cold winter weather!) and plan to start using the elliptical and treadmill 4-5x a week. I'm hoping to make a new habit of going straight there after work since I work full time m-f.

Anyway, best to everyone!

Some people say here they feel silly for wanting to lose just several pounds when others are trying to lose 100 but everyone here has some sort of goal, and everyone who reaches it will always battle staying at that goal. If every time we gain 5 pounds and never worked to lose it again, we would just be right back where we started so it's only healthy for there to be people just wanting to lose 20, 10 or even 5 pounds!

I'm 5"9' and I'm 145# I lost 20, and have stayed at this weight for 3 months now. Generally I eat a really healthy diet, I work a ton and at least 2 days a week I eat whatever I want and have not put the weight back on. With the new year ahead I would like to lose that extra 5 and maintain that. Maybe even ten some day.

How strict do Y'all plan to be with yourself? I do want to interact with a group of people who is serious about weight loss, and on the same hand I could not see myself being... obsessed about it, you know. But then maybe that's the kind of attitude that gets you no where? Idk. Nice to meet you!

I just started going to the gym a few weeks ago, and I have been spending 1 hour on the tred. Eventually I will start weight training but I have been wanting to put that time into cardio... and then I don't want to do anything afterwards. I thought I would lose 5 pounds and then start weight training?

oh, I should also add...ALCOHOL is killin me! yeah, I admit it, I drink (alot) but im a adult and can do that =) anyone wanna swap some lowcal drink recipes?! =)

I have the same issue with alcohol. A few nights out of the week I will actually trade my food calories for alcohol calories. And it's not like I'm getting drunk, just a couple glasses of wine before dinner. And sometimes I go out to sing karaoke and have... oh like 5 vodka sodas...

It has not effected my weightloss but it's also not healthy to substitute those cals, right?

Ok i'm back..... as of yesterday I weighed 147 the heaviest I have ever been. A huge wake up call. So today I got off my A$$ and did something about it.
I worked out to one of my videos that works every part of your body for 35 mins. I had 1/2 a breakfast sandwich ( 1/2 is better than whole ) lots of water, and a slim fast bar after the work out, for the protein.
I'm thinking later today I will do about 20 mins of yoga just b/c I feel so much better after yoga. I'm not going to weigh myself daily just b/c it can be a huge bummer. I'm thinking every other day.
By the way i'm 5'6" and 28 yrs old. I really want to get down to 127lbs. so i'll be busting my butt for a long time. I'm ready for the real Michelle to come back ;)
Thanks for reading, I just want to keep track of my progress.

Hi everyone!
I'm Ava. I'm 19 and in my second year of college. I weigh about 140 lbs, and would like to get down to the 125ish area. I know I can do it.. I just don't know how. I eat really crappy food, which I know I need to cut out. I also don't really exercise.. what would you all recommend to start?

I have access to a really nice gym at school. Should I just go hop on the treadmill for awhile and then do crunchies? I'm clueless. Haha. I ran track in high school so all I know is running as a way to slim down. Anyways.. looking forward to meeting you all!
Ava

hi guys... I'm new here, this forum is so great that everyone can motivate and encourage one another. After all the searching in the internet I find this site quite interesting, if you are interested in diet tips you can check this out foodgag.com

I eat really crappy food, which I know I need to cut out. I also don't really exercise

what would you all recommend to start?

I think you've answered your own question. ;)

Eat less crappy food and do a whole lot more of what you enjoy (activity wise). Personally, I go jogging every now and again and play badminton down the local leisure centre a few nights a week. I also do sit-ups, press-ups and light weight training in the comfort of my own home. It's really a case of what you enjoy doing the most, rather than "what's gonna get the weight off quickest?".

I want to lose around 14 pounds and wind up a nice round 10 stone (140 pounds). I'm male, 21, 5'8". The lighest I've been is around 9.5 stone (133 pounds) but I started to look unhealthy and I was beginning to lose muscle mass. So I ate lots of cake and put on a little too much...:D

IM BACK! =)
I was kind of out of it the last couple of weeks, hubby got a bad foot injury and my dog had some pretty bad ripped pads. So we were not excersizing much, but we really kick started our diet!
Today I am down 2 lbs! FINALLY. I SWARE the scale has been STUCK at 140 for weeks and weeks now. =)
8 more lbs down to meet goal 1, then 10 more after that !

Hi everyone! :waving:

I'm planning to lose 19 lbs, I've lost 2 so far...17 to go. A few years back I lost 15 lbs and kept it off for a year and a half and in the last 6 months I've managed to gain it all back plus some. I moved, changed jobs, driving further to work and I've just let my health slide. I haven't been working out like I used to, started eating "cheap" which means not the best. We all know that the crappiest food is the cheapest. :banghead:

At any rate, I take full responsibility for my weight gain and am TRULY dedicated (thus the name). I enrolled my daughter in after school care, that she will begin tomorrow, and I will start working out after work. My job just gave us these one month free passes to a local gym as a part of their new overall fitness goals. A healthy employee is a present employee. :) Works for me.

I'm hoping to lose 2 lbs per week until it's all gone. I'm not "dieting" only being sensible about what I eat and exercising. I think that's the key component for me. I cut out whit bread and pastas a few years ago (and only eat whole wheat/grain), and use Splenda or honey to sweeten. I've just gotta get off my lazy butt and work out!! Trying to get a co-worker to exercise with me, but she hasn't decided yet. That's why I joined this site, I really need someone or some thing to help hold me accountable. I'm hoping this will help.

Sorry for the long post. :blush5: But thank you for the motivation!

Hello I'm 20. 147 5'9 and would like to stay around 140, I know its not that much but its more about changing what I eat and how I look at food as well.

I am at about 10-14 lbs from my goal, a year ago I was at my peak in a way due to starvation, and eating tons of junk. It's nice to have found a thread on 20 lbs weight to drop. I feel I am working hard at it though, even slip-ups are still a stepping stone in the right direction. ;)

:seeya:

Hey, I`m also joining, I`m afraid I`ve been way off for past while.
3 days in a row eating about 2500calories from my usually 1400calories ...bummer.
(selling chocolate bars .. so far I`m my best customer)
This week wont be good with other reasons.
My exserice has been awesome though.
So hopefully I wont gain any weight this week or if so not much.
I have about 3lbs left.
Hopefully I lose it by June 1st.
Going to start runnig almost everyday now xD

Back