20lbs or less club

erose77 - thanks for your congratulations on my weightloss.

I love sweet things and eat a ton of fruit. Then there is the sugar free jelly - and like I say I go through at least 2 pints of that a day. I have a reasonable amount of cereal - and have sweetener on that. Then I get sweets from Weight Watchers that are pretty good for the calories. Fruities are 3 calories per sweet and chocolate and caramel melts are 68 calories for a tube of 10 sweets. They are great to suck. If you are not a member of WW you can buy them in England from a form that they seem to print in the WW magazine - I imagine that it is the same over there. I only joined WW a little over a month ago - after I had already lost a lot of weight - as part of my strategy for maintenance. When I get to my goal weight I stop having to pay for meetings and can attend anywhere free for life as long as I turn up to be weighed five times each year and have a weight that is no more than 5 pounds less or more than my goal weight. That gives me a 10 pound range which is pretty good. Obviously I can buy sweets and other things from their product range plus their magazine at a discounted price at those meetings. WW insist that people set a target range within BMI 20 to 25 and they expect people to be planning on losing at least 5 pounds to get to target. They will make very little money out of me.

I also have recently started chewing sugar free gum.

How much water are you drinking? A lot of people confuse feelings of thirst for hunger. It is worth checking that you are getting at least 68 fluid ounces of water - based on your weight of 136.

Ooo I can't believe that I finally get to join this thread. Very excited here, 19lb to go =D

It's difficult sometimes to stay motivated if you haven't much to lose as it comes off a lot slower.

I have lost 10 lbs or so this year and would like to lose another 10 - 14 lbs.

I'm glad I found this thread... I am 28 5'3 and weigh about 135. I would like to lose about 20 lbs. I went to the gym for the first time in months on Monday, and I ran a mile. I couldn't walk for 2 days with out getting a charlie horse in both calves! I'm headed there today after work now that I'm recovered. I think I'll stretch more and do some brisk walking to ease back into it. ; )

Hey all

This thread looks brilliant ... I am looking to lose about 15lbs and reach my goal of 150lbs, i am 5'8 and have hit a bit of a plateau. My main problem is that i have lost a considerable amount of weight already and i am actually pretty comfortable with my body right now, so its easy to not be as disciplined as I should be. In saying that I absolutely want to lose these final pounds and get in top condition.

My primary approach is in exercise, I am loving billy blanks boot camp workouts from home, and also incorporating pilates... i usually do a 45 minute workout each day, but my poor eating plan lets me down, i tend to eat at irregular times, and am not being as careful as i need to be on my calorie intake.

anyways, i am looking forward to joining the journey with you all

Love to join

Hey all

I have 9 pounds to lose. I am currently 134 and would like to be 125. I usually track in kg's. so in kilos I want to lose 4kg.s

This is a great thread. It is so hard to lose the last bit of weight.

I guys! I want to join, too. I want to get down to about 120. The lowest I got was 113 and I felt great, although a year or so later was told I looked almost sick, but I felt great anyway! LOL At any rate, I stopped working out for a while - a year or so - as I figured that by cleaning stalls, working horses, etc. it would keep the weight off. Boy, was I wrong!

At any rate, here I am. I haven't weighed myself in a while, so I'm GUESSING that I'm about 140...that's what I was when I weighed in a few weeks ago. I may get brave and get on the scale tomorrow morning.

Here is my current plan:

workout 3 days per week - cardio, that is. I alternate days so that every other day I do cardio and the days I don't do cardio, I do strength training.

get a grip on the eating - I'm an emotional and bordom (sp?) eater, so I have to be careful. I have depression/anxiety issues as well as a slow thyroid - both of which I take meds for.

I look forward to this journey together!

tried to edit

Sorry for the duplicate posting by me, but I can't get back to edit my other post.

I meant to include my stats: I'm 5'3 and 140; goal is to get to 120...again.

Oh this is so me! I have 16.4 (approx) pounds to lose. It's going to be tough because I've felt those weight loss "stalls" before and I know how unmotivating they can be. In fact those stalls are what has caused me to give up before and ultimately gain the weight back again. So I am here this time to push through those stalls and finally achieve my goal.

Need to lose 20lbs

I'm 5'6" and weigh 140. I have gained 20lbs in 2 years. I would like to lose at least 10lbs by the first of November. So i'm looking for help to keep me excerising, and eating right. So if anyone would like to be a weight loss buddie that would be great. My long term goal is to get down to 125. I just need people to talk to, and keep me going and to just start already, instead of saying tomarrow. If anyone would like to be with me, thats cool. It will be good to have someone with the same goals as me.
Thanks Michelle

Last edited:
Bellwix - just thought I would comment on the "10lbs by Nov 1st" thing. That is an unhealthy goal, my friend. It's safer and healthier to lose 1-2 lbs per week. That said, you are looking at about half that. However, saying you want to lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving...that is a better goal. At any rate, I wish you all the best!

I know 10lbs in 9 days is crazy to aim for but, i'm going back home and the last time they seen me I was 120lbs. So I thought if I could at least drop 10lbs I can fit in some old jeans with out buttering me up first.
I also need help b/c I work overnights and i'm so tired b/c i only get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day. I need encouraging words to get me off the couch and work out for a while. Also when I get home in the mornings and make my daughters lunch for school i'm looking at all the food and I just start to eat stuff. I just need help.
Bell

Bell - yeah, it's tough to look at the food you're putting in her lunch and not want to eat, but what kinds of things are you putting in there? Yeah all kids like to have "fun foods", but why not pack some healthy things, that way, when you get the urge to eat, at least it's healthy! What is your schedule like? Can you work out when your daughter goes to school? Even a quick brisk walk is better than nothing! And the best thing is to eat every 2-3 hrs, so you won't have that crash mid-day. I wish you all the best. Please let me know if I can help out!

My daughters lunch is a ham & cheese sandwich, juice box, some kind of fruit/ fruit cup. I no longer give her any chips b/c thats all she would eat so I nixed those. I make her make healthy decicions. What I meant was as i'm getting her stuff out to make her lunch I see left overs or something for me to snack on. I work over nights so I thought it wasn't good to work out then go to bed? Is it ok to do that?
Bell

I have 10 (approx) pounds to lose. Although i lose weight sometimes i gain it back especially during weekend or when i am eating with other people. I can't really stick on diet when everyone around is eating. How can i stay motivating during these times? Also i have realized that when i feel fine and optimistic i don't worry about food. I usuallly eat when i am stressed or feel disappointed. Is that so for someone else?:eek:

I think everyone eats when they are stressed, tired, bored.....
With me I've learned to keep 100 cal. packed food around, of all flavors.
I eat 1 package and I don't feel guilty after. I also eat more when i'm around people or if i go out to eat with people, i tell myself i'm going to get a grilled chicken or a good salad, but end up getting something totally different. I now just don't go out to eat with people or i eat a little something before we go so i'm not that hungry when we go out.
Bell

hey im new here! and currently looking to lose 20 lbs. i have always been naturally very slim but this year I am living in Italy as an exchange student and with everything thats happened I have already gained 10 lbs on top of the 10 I gained this summer...
Hoping to lose the first five by at least Thanksgiving! and am tracking progress by keeping a food journal. I also swim for 2 hours 4 days a week and will soon be moving that up to 5 (I hope)
I think the time frame I'm thinking of for this is March or April, right in time for spring. Im not in a huge rush, like it must be done in 3 months because I know from many failed attempts that more realistic goals and time frames, although they might take longer, are better than expecting too much and getting dissapointed all the time

Huh, a little side note: just checked my horescope for today and look what it said "Libra: You know what you need, and you know how to get it. The question is, are you willing to go after it?" i guess even the stars are rooting for me haha

I'm so glad to find you guys!
While everyone's stories on this forum are very inspiring, and they are doing wonderful things in accomplishing their goals, I felt kind of weird even joining, because I only have 20 lbs to lose - which seemed like an awful lot before. It still seems like a lot, but it's not much compared to some, so I'm glad to find others who have similar weight to lose.

I'm trying to keep my calories low, around 1500, but I am definitely having a hard time tracking them. We make dinner here at home almost every night, and often times I make myself lunch and breakfast too, so there's not a written out calorie number for me to look at.

Other than that, I've been excercising almost every day, don't eat after 7, and drink lots of water. This is about two and a half weeks into it, and I definitely feel better, but haven't noticed all that much of a drop in numbers. Maybe about 5 lbs.

Back