20lbs or less club

Serious matter of life and death

Allo everyone...

I was just sitting here, thinking, it would be so cool if I could speak to other people who are serious about losing weight and know what it feels like to make such huuge sacrifices (ie chocolate) and just people who get me, u kno..? So just to see, I googled "weight loss forum" and what do u kno! There's actually a forum! Well anyway, just finding this site alone and reading some of the stuff on it has given me bit of a boost..BUT guys, I really do need to lose 20lbs :0(
Am really hoping I can find someone who can help me and in return, I offer my knowledge and expertise(!) I think it'd really help me to have a buddy or something, someone to keep me going and vice versa. If you'd like to apply for the position then reply back as the interviewing process will take place next week (just kidding).

:seeya:

Hey Sonzi, I'm with ya...we can keep track of each other daily and make sure we are sticking it out, and doing everything we can to reach our 20lb goal.
I'm about 143lbs and want to lose about 20lbs. I need some one to hold me accountable for myself and me just being lazy. I'm on everyday so let me know.
Michelle (bell)

Hey Michelle!

Thats sounds fantastical! Ooh yayy, im excited! So are u nearing the end of a weight loss process or just want to lose some pounds? Im Sonia, by the way =)

I can't private message u atm because i havent been a member long enough but if you could pm me with your email address...?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ugh dnt even ask about the weather here... its absolutely dreadful. U get used to it tho. Oh cool, whereabouts is Iowa? I dnt have aol but i can get it? Unless u have skype, facebook or msn messenger....?

Iowa is right between the Dakotas and Illinois, in the usa. Its like 23degrees here. So when are you going to start your weight loss journey? I'm starting today with some cardio.
Michelle

Well i started like 3 weeks ago and ive lost about 6lbs, which is ok. I was just hoping to have lost more. I wanted to drop 3lbs a week which I know is possible for me as i did it one week. The thing with me is I start slacking on things like 'drinking 2 litres of water everyday', 'drink 2 cups of green tea everyday'. I set myself these little tasks to do every week and they really do help. I just dont bloody stick to them. So as of today and until next tuesday at least, I have to do my water, my green tea and 5 portions of fruit a day. Are u making any changes to your diet at all?

Well i drink alot of water now, and i buy those lean cousines (frozen meals) i've been picking fruit instead of candy and other junk food. I'm going to try and eat different suppers than my husband and kids seeing how they like stuff that is higher in cals. I'm trying to start to work out at least for 20 minutes a day. So we'll see. I hope its enough.
I'm going to buy alot of fruit today and just make a big fruit salad and keep it in the fridge, so I won't have a reason to pig out on the junk food.
Michelle

Thats sound good. I have to say I eat alot more fruit when its chopped up. So did you get your cardio done today? I went kickboxing for 2 hours and walked about a mile to the supermarket (bought bottled water, carrying 10 litres back!) Ive drunk 2 litres of water but didnt get a chance to have the green tea =o/

No cardio yet, I just walked around the store for about an hour, but after I eat supper and before I go to work I'll get in 20 min. Then i'll be on my feet for about 8 hours at work. I work in a nursing home so i'm always doing something. But i'll make sure to bring my fruit with me so i don't eat junk food.
Michelle

Yay! This is the perfect spot for me! I have about 6-8 pounds to lose now, and sometimes I feel weird on here when so many others have so much more to lose. But losing weight is hard no matter how much you have to lose. Sometimes those last 5-10 pounds are the hardest! lol.

So glad to be here and be part of this "club." :)

Ok I had a little fruit and a bowl of cereal for breakkfast and about 1200 I will workout for 30 mins.
This is my plan and I will update it after I'm done.

Haha, Franny, you sound like I used to. Since starting weight training a couple weeks ago, I have been all about going to the gym. Did you go? What does everyone do for workouts?

Unless my workout was getting up and down from the couch MAN I DID GREAT:) I promise I will do it after supper. I need to, I just get so lazy during the day, I need to suck it up and just do it when my daughter leaves for school.

GonnaGetAbs - I don't do the gym thing anymore. When I first lost a bunch of weight, I had a gym membership but I didn't renew it when it ran out.. too expensive. So I do Denise Austin Core Complete at home. Well, I should say "I did it today for the very first time in over a year." lol.

I would love to do some weight training. I have bad shoulders and my insurance won't cover any more PT for it. It would be nice to do some exercises to build up the muscles around them. But like I said, too expensive.

So as far as exercising, I mostly walk. And also, I jog in place at night while watching General Hospital. LOL.

Bellwix - get off your franny and just do it! You'll feel better! :)

Last edited:
I know i need to, I have so many videos i can do and equipment but I find every reason not to use them. I will do it, and keep at it once I do start.

Hi everyone! I HOPE I can join this club =) My goal from 140 to 120 seems SO farfetched. Hopefully I can find support and new friends here!
My biggest problem is watching what I eat. I dont eat to much durring the day, but when I do I always reach for a cup-noodles or something junky like that! And if I excersize (which I have been getting more into =) I feel like I could eat anything, so its totaly ruining everything im working torwards!
ANYWAY, hope to get to know you all more!

oh, I should also add...ALCOHOL is killin me! yeah, I admit it, I drink (alot) but im a adult and can do that =) anyone wanna swap some lowcal drink recipes?! =)

ok yeah I drink alot also and I know thats whats killing my weight loss. I stoped drinking for 3\4 weeks and lost 7lbs. It was great so what I'm starting to do is buy nonalcholic drinks. You then have more energy the next day to work out or get your ass off the couch.:)

Back