20lbs or less club

New User

Hey guys I'm a new user...seems like a good place to find some friendly motivation. Quick background on me. A couple of years ago I started Weight Watchers and about a year and a half ago I hit about 85-90 lbs of weight loss. This put me about where I wanted to be. However, for the past year and a half I've been down to the last few lbs that I would "like" to get off. I'm just interested in skimming off that last little bit. I work full time and attend grad school so I really have to work hard to fit in exercise but I do. I'm about 5'8 and currently weigh about 158 but am pretty athletic so that's a little decieiving I guess because of muscle, or so I'm told. I'd like to get to around 145-140 if I can...I've just hit that point were it's like pulling teeth to lose anything...like I said I've maintained for over a year and a half now....Any suggestions or anyone of like goals would be great....

hey everyone! :)

I'm so happy I found this group! I just joined the whole community yesterday, but I felt so out of place because everyone else's goals seemed to be lose 100+ lbs!
Anyway, I'm 5'5", not sure of my current weight, but somewhere around 130-135 -- I'm going to weigh myself today
I'm now a sophmore in college, and I never thought I would gain the freshman 15 :( I went into school weighing about 118-120lbs and I came back weighing almost 140! I'm a cheerleader so I try to stay active, but I'm known for binging quite often. I always say to myself "ok, I'm starting my diet tomorrow, so I can eat whatever I want today", but the diet never sticks so I'm just adding more pounds. I'm not looking for a dramatic change in the number on the scale as much as I'm looking to lose the noticible weight gained in my face and arms. Anything else will just be an added bonus :)

Hey everyone!
I am new to the forum and am trying to loose the 20lbs that I have gained over the past year. I am a vegetarian, I exercise daily and don't have any sweets in my diet. The problems I deal with is having too many soft drinks (which I'll try to go get out of my diet), having snacks at night and too big meal portions. This resolving in taking in more calories than I am burning during the day. I am trying to correct these things. Any advice?

Thanks!

I'm in this club for surreee. I want to lose 15 pounds max. because now I'm 132 so that minus 15 would put me at= anorexic(117)( I'm 5'5")lol. I've lost 31 pounds so far, but I have this strange obsession to be a pole.

because now I'm 132 so that minus 15 would put me at= anorexic(117)( I'm 5'5")lol.

5'5" and 117 lbs would mean you would have a bmi of 19.5 I think. Underweight is 18.5 or less and anorexic would be 17.5 and less so you would in fact be a healthy weight but it doesn't sound like you have a lot of weight to loose as you're already at a healthy weight

Kalamari> You are either a REALLY young girl who needs some serious councelling(sp?) or you are just here to try to get a rise out of everyone. If it's the first one please do get councelling if it's the second one stop wasteing everyone's time and energy.

I am going to join this group even though technically I have 21 pounds left to go.
I started out being 168, my current weight is 149.6 and my goal is 128.

So glad I found this!
Right now I'm 5'5.5'' and 140lbs, hoping to loose 10-15lbs...although I don't really care if my weight never changes at all so as long as I can get rid of the excess fat and look HEALTHY for a change! Being pudgy really takes a toll on my self-esteem and I feel like I can't ever have fun because of the way I am :(

I'm fairly active...although not as active as I'd like to be. I recently started exercising again after slacking off for 3months and am now doing 40 minute runs 3-4 times a week. So exercising is not AS big a problem, but like cheergirl282 and Sacha, the thing that's stopping my weight loss is EATING! I am especially prone to binging when I'm bored and tired, and some days I feel like I'm hungry all the time!

Problem is that right now I live at home so I don't have as much control as I would like...thanks to the junk food my brother likes to bring in...and my lack of self-control. I just need some hobby to keep my mind busy! Anyone have suggestions for fun activities I can do other than surf the web all day? [arts and crafts stuff maybe? or fun exercises? :p ]

Last edited:
I have the exact opposite problem as you. The eating 'well' is much easier for me than the exercise as I am a lazy butt.
I don't have a ton of down time during the week with working (most days 9 hours) then I ride my horse which takes up another 2 hours. But the weekend is harder for the boredom part as I only have to ride my horse and don't work. Rollerblading, biking, and swimming are good along with tennis (though I haven't played this year b/c you do need o find other people to play first) Take a dance class or yoga.

15 to lose

It's been a long time since I've posted here. My weight has slowly crept up this year and I'm close to my heaviest. I've had some set backs with my health. I have chronic fatigue and have down times during the year where I can't exercise much which is a pain. Otherwise I can live an almost normal life.

I'm currently 141 and 5'5. My goal is 128. so I have 13 pounds to lose or 6kgs. I measure stuff in kg's as i'm from Aus.

I'm hoping to lose about .5 - 1 kg a week. Last time I was on here i was lighter than I am now but i'll just re-start.

Looking forward to being a true size 10 (aus size 10) I think thats about a 6 in the us.

quiet

This forum is very quiet. But I have had some success this week. Lost 2 pounds and now have 10 more pounds to lose to get to 128.

I didn't think i would lose last week but I did which keeps me motivated.

Current weight is 62.6kg

Anyway, I'm 5'5", not sure of my current weight, but somewhere around 130-135 -- I'm going to weigh myself today
I'm now a sophmore in college, and I never thought I would gain the freshman 15 :( I went into school weighing about 118-120lbs and I came back weighing almost 140! I'm a cheerleader so I try to stay active, but I'm known for binging quite often. I always say to myself "ok, I'm starting my diet tomorrow, so I can eat whatever I want today", but the diet never sticks so I'm just adding more pounds. I'm not looking for a dramatic change in the number on the scale as much as I'm looking to lose the noticible weight gained in my face and arms. Anything else will just be an added bonus :)

Hey cheergrl! I am totally in the same boat as you. i tell myself nearly everyday 'oh yeh if i binge today i'll just restart tomoro' :(
I'm 5'5 and really want to be 120 and comfortable with myself again. I really am gonna try to start tomorrow :|

well, i'm back....and i agree, once i hit the level i am at, i felt 'funny' being on this site complaining about 10 lbs when people are losing 100s! They are inspiring but to find more people like yall is helpful. i am actually gonna pop in here w/ some immediate questions. i hope yall dont mind but seeming you are probably similar in some way maybe, someone has an idea of how to help me get movin' again!

So, I've hit yet another plateau and I'm looking for some guidance. I am an exercise junky (i love it, but that does cause me to get stuck in a routine b/c i'm not bored w/ it, i dont change it and then it stops doing all the positives it was at the beginning..

anyways, i have plateau-ed at 143 lbs for 3 months now. I've had longer. Yeah, not fun. Anyways, i obviously need to CHANGE something but that is where my question lies...

small background is that i lost 15 lbs, eating about 1200 cals/day and exercising 4x long cardio, 2 x weight training (full body), 2 x pilates, 1 rest day and occasionally yoga...then i stalled (again) and it was apparently that i wasnt eating enough calories w/the amount of exercise expenditure....upped to 1500 cals, lost a few pounds and am stuck again...a nutritionist said to up again to 1700-1800 cals/day which i am at now (as i did it slowly and it has been 3 weeks at this nutrition intake).

Questions
I want to lose another 10-15 lbs...and i want to SEE the muscles that I feel under this last layer of fat....however, i'm not sure what to do to get there (that is where yall come in). I've read so many conflicting things and I know if i change too much at once, it will end up being counterproductive b/c I wont know what started losing again whenever i do..

DO I?

1) continue w/ my exercise program, change it up in terms of duration, intensity, add more HIIT and intervals than before and continue with the same type full body strength training routine, aiming to lose fat, but not lose muscle? this will probably lead to some muscle loss and then i work to tone and rebuild AFTER the lbs are gone??

2) change up my whole program - do 4x circuit training, 2x pilates, 1x yoga but focus more on weights, with shorter cardio cycles and build muscle which supposedly will eventually 'burn the fat' away?

3) drop my calories back down lower again? I'm hesitant to do this as maintenance right now is at 2100 so eating 1700 causes 400 cal deficit w/o my exercising included..

4) any other ideas?????????????

thanks so much for your advice/thoughts and sharing!

Hey Skyler,

It looks like you've taken great detail to review your weight loss program. I would suggest you go with the first option. There's no need to change the entire program and eating too little food can cause more harm than good. Try to increase your protein intake and add a few HIT intervals into your daily workout routine.

Good luck!

new to thread

hey guys , I went on vacations this summer , i have put on like 10 lbs , sooooo have to have to lose at least 5 lbs to get back. im a mother of 1 year old boy and went back to my best weight after i popped , but the vacation messed it all up , help , i'm not even having my period naturally , i.e have to take tablets to bring 'em ( am not preggo , i know that ) and the stupid weight is not shedding ,eventhough it is Ramadan and i am fasting 14 hrs of the day , am workin out , to lose the love handles and hips , but no hope just at least 5 lbs , is a good starter ,
my problem is that i want to but full , though i'm not a carb eater that much but this incentive developed along the vacations ,help

I used to be a member of this club.

I will qualify to rejoin as soon as I can.

Back