120 lbs C.L.U.B.

Thank you for the answer Running Girl,
I understand from your answer that you become slimmer not only with losing weight but also with getting muscle. Someone may have lose weight but don't look slim enough as one with low weight and having muscle. I think it is important getting muscle with gym otherwise with diet only you wouldn't look slim enough although having low weight.:seeya:

Thanks Running Girl. Great post. Your info has been very helpful since it has been a constant misconception. Thanks again!

I'm not sure how or why but I went from 125 on 9/5/09 to 120 on 9/12/09. It really doesn't make any sense because that week was my off week AND and drank A LOT of margarita's on the 5th, 6th, and 7th (dang those holiday weekends!). I didn't work out from the 4th to the 13th with the exception of walking 20 mins and doing 20 mins of arms/chest/back/abs on the 10th.

I'm really anxious to see what the scale says this coming saturday (my weigh in day).

That's happened to me before and given the info you have given I would say that it dehydration caused by the alcohol...I was once weighed 130 when I was around 135-134 and the day before I had drank a lot!

I guess you can sign me up as well. 126 as of today (Oct 24th). Down from 147 July 25th.

Height : 5' 7"
Frame : small

My regimen:
1200-1500 cal daily, mostly fresh vegetables, whole grains, and fish once a week.
Running 4-6 miles daily.

I probably have around 5 pounds to go to be totally cut.

Last edited:
Although i remain in this club i don't see a really progress toward the middle of weight lose. For nearly a month now although i continue to be careful about calories i don't really see a progress toward weight lose. Is there a possibility to have reach the lower objective goal of weight lose and can't acquire a lower weight although i try for this?

Hello ABY,

-How close are you to your weight loss goal? (sometimes the closer you are the harder it is to lose)

-What would you say the average amount of calories is, that you started off with?
If they're still the same amount that you used when you first started (too low) you will need to make them higher.

Have you tried changing your exercise routine?

-Sometimes the body needs a good shock too.

-You could always try slowly eating at maintenance level for a little bit, than go back to cutting your calories.

-40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% healthy fats. is also another good thing to keep an eye on especially if you've gotten quite close to goal.

-AND are you sure you're in the middle of your weight loss OR nearing the end?

-Because you may have what is called the *skinny fat* look, where one has lost all the weight they can that is healthy for their size, but haven't been doing any muscle building. (when you lose the fat depending on how much you had to lose, your body may keep the original shape, when you build some muscle your body shape is redistributed.)

I don't know if any of this helps, if not take a look at some of the stickies throughout the forum, they are loaded with useful info. :)

I'll show you a few of my own photo's..
First Pic: 140 lbs Second Pic: 126 lbs Third Pic 123 lbs
P.S. I have gotten down to 120 lbs but due to injury I haven't been running for the last few months and now have a larger waist than I did 2-3 months ago, when I was running and weighed more. I wasn't doing any resistance/weight training, just cardio, but it did give me some muscle. :) As I got closer to 120 it took longer and longer, I plateaued at 126 for about a month. It usually took me 1-2 weeks to lose a pound. I started at about 162 lbs.

I am giving you my own example because from what I have seen on this site, is noone can see a 3 lb difference on someone, the person however can feel a 3 lb difference in their clothing. I am also trying to say that the number goal isn't always everything. It took me a long time to understand and realize this. :) I will soon be starting resistance/weight training.

Thank you RunningGirl for your answer, it is very helpful. I am at the upper limit weight of this club and i would like to go to the lower limit. And before a month i was at the upper limit of this club. Somedays it seems that i go to the middle but then again i return to the upper limit. I don't think that i get over the 1500 calories every day although i don't measure them exactly and i eat all kind of food, i don't exclude some kind. Although i go to the gym i think that i should go more often to see a really weight lose. I don't think that i can decrease the calories any more because i think its already low. How many times are you going to the gym during a week? In the photos i see clearly the difference between the first and the last one. This is the result only of weight lose or and of gaining muscle?:waving:

When I first started I ate about 1300 every day for a couple of months, than plateaued. Than I started tossing in 1350-1650 cals a day. Everyday a different amount of calories, so that my body couldn't easily adapt. I chose these from taking my BW (((((body Weight) x 14,15, or 16 cals per pound (depending on how sendentary of a life style you have) equals your maintenance than I subtracted 20-30% for losing weight.)))) Once a week I also had a sugar day or maintenance cals eating day. Or a Low Day.

I was only running an hour a day, so I added another hour every few days, I also added a half hour of speed walking hills.

I have never been to the gym as of yet. I only ran from an hour to two hours per day for about 5 months. I did some core exercises at home for a couple of months. Crunches, Leg Raises, Squats, Lunges with 5 lb weights. I did some resistance training when I first started "exercising" every day with a mini stepper. I also took up a Latin Aerobics Dance class an hour a week b4 any running ever took place (Zumba)

From what I have picked up on around this forum is that ppl alternate their cardio & resistance training workouts. So that your body has time to heal. Basically what building muscle is, little bits of torn muscle mending itself. I don't feel I am the right person to obtain info from about that, sorry. Since I have yet to do it.

Sometimes that can be the trick too, ABY, making sure that our measurements of calories are fairly precise. You know, cuz a little bit extra here and a bit extra there can really add up. B4 you know it you could end up with 100-350 cals more than intended.

My pictures are the result of weight loss & a little bit of muscle. Like the second and third is only three pounds difference, but my body was taking on a whole new form and 3 measly pounds of weight (fat lost) can't do that.

There is a really good thread you should check out on here if you haven't come across it already:

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/advanced-weight-loss/35548-i-must-idiot-because-i-still-dont-get.html

It also really depends on your height, the smaller a person is the less they will need to eat to maintain and not be sick.

Anyways hopefully I haven't babbled too much. ;) :seeya:

Last edited:
Hey All, How are the 120's club coming along?

AmberSD, has your weight dropped out of the 120's as of yet? :)

Hey All, How are the 120's club coming along?

AmberSD, has your weight dropped out of the 120's as of yet? :)

:rotflmao: No, it hasn't. Halloween weekend I was camping so no workout for me but I did get down to 121lbs for for a couple of day....today I was back up to 123lbs.

It's so weird...it seems like when I don't workout I drop pounds and when I do workout I stay the same...I don't get it.

It seems that i can't go down from 128lbs. I am betwen 127-128 lbs. Althought i continue to limit calories and stay on track and go to gym it seems that i can't get over this 127lbs plateau. That disappoints me but i will continue counting calories.:confused:

:rotflmao: No, it hasn't. Halloween weekend I was camping so no workout for me but I did get down to 121lbs for for a couple of day....today I was back up to 123lbs.

It's so weird...it seems like when I don't workout I drop pounds and when I do workout I stay the same...I don't get it.

Awesome!

As I was saying and I don't think any of us do it intentionally of course. That we're working so so hard to lose the weight, that we almost self-sabotage our efforts. Than when we relax and get back to the *lifestyle* part rather than only the losing weight, than we drop.

Now that may not be what's going on, it could be water weight, high sodium intake, ect... but I have read throughout this forum, that when we have a bit of a break that that can sometimes do the trick. VIOLA! Loss.

It seems that i can't go down from 128lbs. I am betwen 127-128 lbs. Althought i continue to limit calories and stay on track and go to gym it seems that i can't get over this 127lbs plateau. That disappoints me but i will continue counting calories.:confused:

Hey ABY, have you checked out that link I posted in one of my last post's on this page? If not, check it out. If so, try messaging either of those mods, either Karacooks, or Steve. They DO know what they're talking about, and from personal experience as well.

Hope all is well. :seeya:

I was 122lbs on 11/5 and 121 today! :hurray:

Hi everyone. Am new to the forums. I'm a 20 yr old uni student in England who has gained slightly more than a stone in the last 2 months through awful eating habits.
I'm currently 123lbs. I know I'm not overweight but my clothes are now slightly too tight and it's just uncomfortable for me since I've never had a problem with my weight before.

I'm looking to lose a stone in the next month and just generally switch to healthier eating rather than munching on chocolate and biccies.

Totally lacking motivation though and would really love a dieting buddy if anyone is up for it???

Today i am 1 pound less after some weeks. I feel wonderful as it seems that i couldn't get over the 128lbs plateau. I just hope that it will be permanent lose and i wouldn't gain it back. I think that the continous counting of calories is important as well as gym. My worry now is to continue to stay on track and don't lack motivation. How do you feel when you lose weight? Are you feeling anxious or you stay calm and continue your programme?:seeya:

I cant get past 123-125 eiether!!! Seems once you hit the 120's its SO HARD to move forward.... i feel stuck where i am!!!!!

not that i have a TON more to lose... but id love to see 119.... my goal overall is 118 now...... i hope i can get there!!!

any of you guys have some ideas on what i can do????

Today i am 1 pound less after some weeks. I feel wonderful as it seems that i couldn't get over the 128lbs plateau. I just hope that it will be permanent lose and i wouldn't gain it back. I think that the continous counting of calories is important as well as gym. My worry now is to continue to stay on track and don't lack motivation. How do you feel when you lose weight? Are you feeling anxious or you stay calm and continue your programme?:seeya:

Great Work Aby!! I try to not let my emotions for weight loss on the scale bother me too much anymore, because whether I drop the weight right away or not, I am leading a healthier life! With exercise & and a better *diet. :)

I feel great today as during the past 3 days i lost 2 pounds and 126 lbs became a reality. It seems that diet works after few weeks. Now i am anxious about not gaining this lost pounds back. And it is right what Running Girl said that sometimes just need to relax and don't be continiously anxious. Sometimes if you make a difference in your everyday program but staying on track you can have great results. Now i feel motivated enough to continue my program.:seeya:

Hi All, It's been time since anyone mention any progress to the 120's club. I am a little disappointed as after holidays any progress seems to have disappeared and i am at the start again. I take care about calories but i can't avoid sugar and sweets at all. I eat some sweet every day. Should i avoid sugar completely to see any progress? I don't eat during the day only one time late in the afternoon during week days. I go to the gym during weekend and not often during week days. Has anybody any progress and what's his diet?

I'm in! 126.5 today. My goal is 119. I've been 127-132 off and on for several years, which is getting frustrating.
My first goal is to NOT get out of the 120s again.
My next goal is to get under 125, then finally under 120.
I was 120 a few years ago, and that was a very comfortable size for me. Hopefully I can finally get myself to stay on track.
I've been using a calorie/exercise log on fitday.com (free account), so hopefully that will help.

Back