Cate's Diary

With a bit of luck the sunshine will make the ick evaporate as thoroughly as rain would wash it away. I'm so sorry your safe haven has been intruded though!
Thanks, Llama. I slept with the air purifier aimed at my face last night & got a decent night's sleep. I think we'll need rain to wash it all away & then I'll open all the doors & windows.
I hope you are feeling miles better this morning.
Thanks, Em. I feel better, but my lungs are complaining. Getting out of here for the day will be better for me I think. I'm off to golf.

I have been taking my emergency steroids for 2 nights & always have them with me, along with a puffer. I'll see how I go with golf today. I'm looking forward to it- mainly driving my cart :D

Golf carts can be so much fun to drive, I bet zooming along in your cart with a bit of fresh air blowing on you felt great.! It is wonderful you have found a hobby that you enjoy, that is also good for you :)

That's too bad about having that reaction to the chemicals Cate. i can imagine how frustrating that would be when it's right in your own personal space like that too.
I hope the day of golfing helps.

Thanks, Jen, Llama, Liza & Em :grouphug:
I just love my golf cart but my golf yesterday was pretty awful. I didn't feel well & felt like I was just hacking about the course. I was in good company though. No one played well. I was runner-up in Div 2 with a woeful score.
My seat covers arrived during the day yesterday & they look good. I'm looking forward to going out & putting them on. It won't be today or tomorrow though as I have the dentist ap't today, in the opposite direction & lunch tomorrow with the women at a restaurant just down the road from us(only 4.5 km away). I'm driving G into town on Saturday morning & picking him up again in the afternoon(he's going on a bus to a golf comp) so I might go out & put them on my cart then & leave Arch at home on one of the trips in.
I played yesterday with T & N, who is new to our club & is lovely. The company was good. I left after the presentation, picked up my parcel & bought a present for the twinnies who we'll be seeing on my birthday next Thursday. (For Jen- the twins are our younger son's partner's 6-year-olds & I adore them).

Hey Cate, thank you for the explanation, I appreciate you including me! I hope your dentist appointment went well. I had a pretty big dental 'incident'. I have a 10 (that is not a typo!) crown bridge, yikes. So I do know what fun they can be! I am glad that you had a nice time playing golf AND have a birthday to look forward to!

If everyone played badly it was just something in the air 🤷‍♀️ Some days are like that. Hope the dental work went well.

Hey Cate, thank you for the explanation, I appreciate you including me! I hope your dentist appointment went well. I had a pretty big dental 'incident'. I have a 10 (that is not a typo!) crown bridge, yikes. So I do know what fun they can be! I am glad that you had a nice time playing golf AND have a birthday to look forward to!
Thanks, Jen. A 10-crown bridge? Wowsers!
If everyone played badly it was just something in the air 🤷‍♀️ Some days are like that. Hope the dental work went well.
I think it was, Llama. The only woman who played even slightly well is just lovely & she was thrilled.
I have to go back Monday as my tooth had to go to a technician to get polished. Oh, well. I'll go to lunch tomorrow with a gap. Worse things have happened!
tooth missing emoji.jpg

At least it wasn't the Bees who ruled the field on a bad day! Glad to hear you're going to lunch despite the gap and I hope you'll enjoy it.

At least it wasn't the Bees who ruled the field on a bad day! Glad to hear you're going to lunch despite the gap and I hope you'll enjoy it.
Haha. No, Llama. B1’s score was worse than mine & B2 the same.
I really have to go to lunch as it’s a birthday one & mine is one of them.

Thanks, Jen, Llama, Liza & Em :grouphug:
I just love my golf cart but my golf yesterday was pretty awful. I didn't feel well & felt like I was just hacking about the course. I was in good company though. No one played well. I was runner-up in Div 2 with a woeful score.
My seat covers arrived during the day yesterday & they look good. I'm looking forward to going out & putting them on. It won't be today or tomorrow though as I have the dentist ap't today, in the opposite direction & lunch tomorrow with the women at a restaurant just down the road from us(only 4.5 km away). I'm driving G into town on Saturday morning & picking him up again in the afternoon(he's going on a bus to a golf comp) so I might go out & put them on my cart then & leave Arch at home on one of the trips in.
I played yesterday with T & N, who is new to our club & is lovely. The company was good. I left after the presentation, picked up my parcel & bought a present for the twinnies who we'll be seeing on my birthday next Thursday. (For Jen- the twins are our younger son's partner's 6-year-olds & I adore them).
for some reason I can't seem to just quote single sentences...anyways i was just going to say too bad about the not great golf day, but that is how it goes sometimes...
And lovely that you have a new lovely member at your club...
Enjoy the lunch, gap and all!

Enjoy the birthday lunch, Gappy! :D

I love how you played badly and still came second. You just can't lose at golf at the moment! :D

Thanks, Liza, Llama & Em.
I have reported the inability to just quote sections & to love etc posts. Hopefully, that will be fixed soon.
I strangely don't care so much about the gap, probably because I know that it's only very temporary. I possibly care just a little less about how others look at me as well. That is a good thing for me.
Liza, the new member of the club is really sweet & playing with her & T, my newest good friend, was a joy. I felt a bit guilty being out of sorts really as they are both so positive & lovely. N is tiny & does yoga stretches before the game. I really like her. I'll get to know her better. I don't think she can come to lunch today. I hope I can sit away from anyone with perfume on. Our house still stinks. I changed the air filter yesterday & had it blowing on my face all night. It also rained a little this morning so that should wash some of the stuff off our roof. 🤞

Oh Cate how lovely to have met some new folks you enjoy! When you 'click' with someone, it is like putting together a puzzle...everything just clicks into place and feels right! I really hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch! I was missing a front tooth for 2 weeks one time , I did get rather used to it! :)

I possibly care just a little less about how others look at me as well. That is a good thing for me.

That's great!--and most of the time we are far more critical of ourselves anyways. I hope you found a good seat away from any further triggering scents!

Yay for well-timed rain! I hope it helped for your allergies.
Caring less about what other people think and meeting lovely new folks sound most excellent to me ❤️

That's great about the rain. It's not often I say that! Haha.

Back