Cate's Diary

How lovely that G and his boarding school brother have kept up across such a distance all this time!

A shame about the cart enclosure though: I hope you find an alternative.
It is. I should be able to find something suitable, Llama. I'll check out what others have & where they got them from.
I had to google Anzac Day. That's my new learning for today. Hope it goes well.
It did. I decided to put Dad's medals on & marched too (with Arch). I really enjoyed it & G was asked at the last minute to lay a wreath which he was honoured to do.
I'm off to play golf today. I have no idea who with as T has been snaffled by B1 & B2. Hopefully I will play with K.

I hope you find good company but anything would be better than playing with the Bees, I think.
B2 was sick & B1 asked if I would like to play with her & T & I did. I got along well with her so that was all good. I won Div 2. It's hilarious. There were 11 players- 3 in "Div 1" & 8 in "Div 2". It is so uneven.
I did have a good day. I'm careful what I say & I don't get involved.

Very sensible. What do they claim the divisions are based on? They can't say out loud it's Bee proximity.

Very sensible. What do they claim the divisions are based on? They can't say out loud it's Bee proximity.
Thanks, Llama. They are really grades- lower handicaps (them) & higher handicaps. Most clubs when they have divisions divide the field by 2 so that they're more even. The field is so low that it's just silly having divisions. I feel that I can't really say anything about it until I am down into the lower handicap range.
Well done on the win. You're on fire. Maybe the Bs are only bs when together. ;)
Thanks, Em. The Bs are definitely much worse together, but I'm also well aware that B1 is very 2 faced. It was good to actually play a game with her though. I seem to have been accepted back by the women. I don't feel on the outer. I'm not a part of their inner circle & I'm ok with that too. I just want to play golf. There are a few women I haven't played with for years & I think I will make a point of asking to play with them.

G is playing golf today & Arch & I have a home day. :)

:p I smell motivation to play more golf.
It is, Llama :D I don't want to be argumentative but I do think this just isn't right. One of the 2 women I played with on the first day of comp at the nationals did say she expected me to have my handicap down into the 20s before the next nationals. I'm only 2 off.
Hope you enjoyed the home day. You should def ask those ladies for a game.
I did, Em & read a whole book- Donna Leon's - "Give Unto Others", the latest in the Commisario Guido Brunetti series. I love these books. I will ask each week & try to play with different people. It's easier to get along with people if they actually spend more time with you up close I find & if you make an effort for them.

Yesterday was such a lazy day. It rained all day & I didn't even get to take Arch for a walk. I'll take him for 2 today. We're playing golf with I & J tomorrow.

It's easier to get along with people if they actually spend more time with you up close I find & if you make an effort for them.
Very true. Of course at golf you're starting off with a shared hobby and topic of conversation.
Sounds like that rainy day came with perfect timing to give you a nice rest between active days.

Very true. Of course at golf you're starting off with a shared hobby and topic of conversation.
Sounds like that rainy day came with perfect timing to give you a nice rest between active days.
That's true, Llama. If we were just sitting around trying to find common ground it would be harder. I have read 2 books in 2 days so it's a good thing I have golf again today :)

I had another really good day at golf today. It is doing me a lot of good. I am so glad I bought this cart. I think I'll order a rain cover for it in the next couple of days. I love driving it & it is enabling me to play twice a week. It is starting to get quite cool (only 14oC today) so it's time to prepare for winter.

Cate, you honestly seem to be fantastic at golf! I, for one, am so happy you invested in that cart. It's not an easy thing to get good at something and you're so casual about it, haha!

Haha, Em. Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think I am good at golf. I'm not shit at it though. I may have been a good golfer if I had started young. I love it & that's the main thing. My new cart is really enabling me to play twice a week without pain & I do love it. I ordered a rain cover for it today & some rear-vision mirrors.

G & I spent a few hours out at the golf club yesterday & it was great to see a swarm of workers out there. The current committee has stepped up & is doing well. We did a job we have been wanting to do for a while & left when we felt like it.
G has gone off to a different course today & I'm not sure what I'll do. I might take Arch into town, take him to the off-lead dog park & do just a little shopping.

So nice to hear that the club is running well and you can contribute comfortably without feeling you have to do everything. Raising a stink about things seems to have helped.

G & I spent a few hours out at the golf club yesterday & it was great to see a swarm of workers out there. The current committee has stepped up & is doing well. We did a job we have been wanting to do for a while & left when we felt like it.
That is certainly good news Cate.

So nice to hear that the club is running well and you can contribute comfortably without feeling you have to do everything. Raising a stink about things seems to have helped.
Thanks, Llama. I think they have realised who was at fault. It's good to be treated well. We never really went into what happened so they have probably been left guessing a bit, but they can see us & how we are & have made up their own minds. We both think they're doing a good job.
That is certainly good news Cate.
Thanks, Em. We're doing what we want to out there & I feel really comfortable at the club these days. I was actually standing alone outside on Saturday near the guy who gave us grief & I didn't feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable. We didn't acknowledge one another or speak. It was a bit funny really, but ok. It's good not to feel anything near him.

I headed out to golf yesterday in the fog. It was also really cold. My vote was to go for coffee, but when the majority voted to play I did also. I played with 3 women I wouldn't normally, including B1 again. I hadn't played with A for years & she was very pleasant to me. She is close to B1. I'm glad I played. I won Div 2 again, with an ok score.
We had lots of laughs afterwards & 3 women who don't play anymore visited.

Sounds like an unexpectedly nice day; I like it.
I was actually standing alone outside on Saturday near the guy who gave us grief & I didn't feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable. We didn't acknowledge one another or speak. It was a bit funny really, but ok. It's good not to feel anything near him.
This isn't about winning, of course, but it sure sounds like you won to me :p

Back