Cate's Diary

Thanks, Llama. It didn't rain, but it was freezing. The wind was so, so cold. I had the best score of the day & played with T. We had a lot of laughs again. G & I are playing with her & her husband on Saturday. The guy who caused us all the grief years ago is sponsoring the day & there was no way I was ever going to play on his sponsor day until I decided that I would. It will show that we don't care any more & will do us both good. G, I & T were all surprised when I suggested it. As T said, it's telling him that he didn't win. I just want to play golf now that I have the cart.

Mr Bumforaface can go eat worms. Yay for playing golf regardless and enjoying yourself!

Thanks, Llama. There will be a few surprised faces, including his I reckon. I realised that I don't care any more about him. I won't communicate with him at all but he no longer has any power over us.
D & the kids are coming for lunch today as D has the day off & they're on school holidays. Yay! :beating:

I went to a party recently where someone I had a massive falling out with was definitely going to be there, and she walked into the kitchen and exclaimed, 'I didn't expect to see you in here!' You sure didn't, bitch! No more hiding away for me! Hahaha. But yeah, actually, it was quite cathartic and I realised that I also no longer care, so well done Cate.

Thanks, Em. It's good when you realise that you have learnt to let go of past hurts & not let them stand in the way of doing what you want.
I'm not sure I can forgive this guy for the harm he caused us both, but I can move on as it's much better for my well-being.

Today will be a big day. The guy who was co-captain with G for years & ran it on his own while G was away died recently & his funeral is today. It will be a long afternoon! G saw him just before he died. He had been ill for a long time. There will be a service, burial, and drinks at 3 different places. *sigh*

I hope it's a beautiful memorial for a life well-lived.

Forgiving people who have intentionally hurt you is not something anyone should have to do. It must feel very freeing to be able to move on though.

It was a good enough memorial, Llama. We learn from every funeral we go to.
I won’t ( can’t?) forgive him I don’t think but I do want to move on & I don’t want him to feel he has any power over our happiness. It does feel empowering. G & & I are very well received these days at the club. I think most of them have worked it out.

Hi cate... if memory serves me correctly and that doubtful these days lol. Aren't you from down under that ways. Was wondering if you saw or noticed a solar eclipse yesterday. I think it was supposed to be yesterday.

Hi cate... if memory serves me correctly and that doubtful these days lol. Aren't you from down under that ways. Was wondering if you saw or noticed a solar eclipse yesterday. I think it was supposed to be yesterday.
I am from down under, Tom. The eclipse was visible from Western Australia & I live in Tasmania. Thanks for visiting my diary :)
australia-states-territories-map.jpg
That's lovely to hear and it must make it a lot easier to ignore Mr. Poopyhead.
It does, Llama. Today should be fun & if we win something that will be even more fun. The company will be excellent, regardless.
Edit: Decided to start logging again on MFP- 1670 cals a day to start off with. I have inputted what I think I will consume for the day & am wearing my Fitbit.

Last edited:
Decided to start logging again on MFP- 1670 cals a day to start off with. I have inputted what I think I will consume for the day & am wearing my Fitbit.
Curious to see how many steps ⛳ with a cart will get you. I'm sure it'll still be a lot. I find logging annoying but I may join you after my vacation anyway bacause it IS super helpful.

Good to hear you continuing on with lots of golfing, no matter the weather or who else is there. Good for you!
it: Decided to start logging again on MFP- 1670 cals a day to start off with. I have inputted what I think I will consume for the day & am wearing my Fitbit.
good for you. Logging is tough but it really is helpful if we can keep it up.

Curious to see how many steps ⛳ with a cart will get you. I'm sure it'll still be a lot. I find logging annoying but I may join you after my vacation anyway bacause it IS super helpful.
I still did over 6,500 steps for the day, Llama, with 2.5 hrs of the game being in fat-burn mode & over 4,000 steps during the golf round. My average heart rate for the game was 80 bpm. The huge plus for me is I can now play twice a week without pain.
Good to hear you continuing on with lots of golfing, no matter the weather or who else is there. Good for you!

good for you. Logging is tough but it really is helpful if we can keep it up.
Thanks, Liza. I'm loving golf :)

Thanks also Llama & Liza for reminding me to go back & log my food & drink for the day. I do find it really hard to remember, but it helps if I log at the start of the day what I plan on having for the rest of the day :)

Thanks, Llama xo
We're off to lunch today at G's brother & SIL's place. We'll take Arch as he can have a play date with their dog. We have been leaving him home on his own much more lately, now that I'm playing golf. Afterwards, we have to take a detour & pick up 3 venison (2 for us & 1 for I & J), deliver theirs & then return home. It will be quite a long day. We won't do much before lunch as we are going to town again next Monday, for my annual cardio appointment. I need to get a quote organised for the cart surrounds.
I managed to track everything for the last 2 days. I went over a bit yesterday because I didn't move much & under the day before because I did.

I still did over 6,500 steps for the day, Llama, with 2.5 hrs of the game being in fat-burn mode & over 4,000 steps during the golf round. My average heart rate for the game was 80 bpm. The huge plus for me is I can now play twice a week without pain.
That all sounds great Cate! And yes, so amazing and great that you can play twice a week without pain!

Sounds like you have a busy day planned--hope it all goes well and that you and enjoy it :)

Thanks, Liza, Em (& Llama). It was a good day, but we were glad to get home. It was great to catch up with G's Chinese "brother". He used to stay with G's family a lot when he boarded at school in Tasmania. We keep in touch via messenger. I must send him more photos on a regular basis.
I went to the canvas place & got a rough quote for a rain enclosure for the cart, but it's too expensive (about $1,500) so now I'll explore them online.
We're going into town soon & G will march in the Anzac Day march & I will walk down the street with Arch. I'll carry my Dad's medals in my bag & I am wearing G's Mum's ring that she left me in her will. G's brother is going to march wearing their Dad's medals.

How lovely that G and his boarding school brother have kept up across such a distance all this time!
A shame about the cart enclosure though: I hope you find an alternative.

Back