Alligatorob's Diary

Today was a good day, I ate well and got a little exercise, feeling good tonight.
Bingeman would be a fatphobic comedy, I assume, with him squashing evildoers or throwing donuts at them.
I think we may have invented a new Super Hero!
Bingeman?-
View attachment 44828
You are not going to be that man, Rob!
I thought my new avatar might just make me feel like I have some hidden superpowers. It makes me smile anyway.
However Cate seems to have found one. And thanks Cate, I will sure try not to be.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga75_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alliga75_Page_1.jpg

Well I just did another gym session with the trainer and my reps and weight continues to rise, more new records today. And I am feeling better. I don't think bingeing is the answer, however I do think the calorie increase and weight increase might be...

It has been a year since I started maintenance, and I started based on % body fat and some other metrics. The % body fat was done by the trainer using the caliper method. I think it is time to do it again and see where I am. My weight is actually a little below where I was then, not sure about the rest. It is possible being in the 140s is just too low for me, I know I did not feel as well then as I do now. Not 100% sure that has anything to do with weight or eating, but I am beginning to believe it might.

The % body fat was done by the trainer using the caliper method. I think it is time to do it again and see where I am. My weight is actually a little below where I was then, not sure about the rest. It is possible being in the 140s is just too low for me, I know I did not feel as well then as I do now. Not 100% sure that has anything to do with weight or eating, but I am beginning to believe it might.
It could very well. Very curious to hear about your new measurements!

I think you will work out what is right for your body, Rob. Maybe you already have. How would you feel about setting a buffer zone & then trying to keep within that? 155-160? 158-163? I know how hard it is, but then that would still keep you focused. When I get back down to my HW (happy weight) I am going to set a buffer zone & if I ever go over it I am going to zap myself back quickly.

Hello!
Seems to me the number on the scale is a reference more than it is a hard target. If you are working out, being active and generally feel good, there are a lot of other metrics that make more of a difference. Yes, BF% is a pretty good one, and much more a predictor of health than scale number, but even that can be an unhealthy target for some folks.

I like Cate's idea of the buffer zone a lot.

Yesterday was a good day, I ate pretty well got in 2 hours and 20 minuets at the gym and felt good.

On Monday I went to check out the place I was planning to take the new trailer for a first camping adventure Sawtooth National Forest - Clear Creek Campground everything looked good, except that the access roads were worse than I had expected. No problem getting my truck in, but I am not sure I want to try and take the new trailer there on it's "maiden" trip. One picture is of the clear creek, the only stream in Utah that flows north into Idaho, the Snake River and ultimately the Columbia to the Pacific, most of Utah drains to the Great Salt Lake or other dead end basins in the desert to evaporate. The other is of a Basque sheepherder's trailer parked nearby.
IMG_2411 (002).jpgIMG_2412 (002).jpg
So I now have a reservation at a winery in Idaho that has free camping, but they expect you to buy some wine. Not as rugged as I had in mind, but probably safer for a first outing.
Bingeman would be a fatphobic comedy, I assume, with him squashing evildoers or throwing donuts at them.
LOL, maybe every other donut anyway!
I think you will work out what is right for your body, Rob. Maybe you already have. How would you feel about setting a buffer zone & then trying to keep within that? 155-160? 158-163? I know how hard it is, but then that would still keep you focused. When I get back down to my HW (happy weight) I am going to set a buffer zone & if I ever go over it I am going to zap myself back quickly.
Don't really know, right now I am contemplating 160 plus or minus 5 lbs...
Seems to me the number on the scale is a reference more than it is a hard target. If you are working out, being active and generally feel good, there are a lot of other metrics that make more of a difference. Yes, BF% is a pretty good one, and much more a predictor of health than scale number, but even that can be an unhealthy target for some folks.
Yep, thinking of weight as a reference rather than a hard target makes sense. And I know its not the best metric, but it is the easy one, and one I am very used to. Will be interesting to see what the % BF says.
You are doing great Rob!
Thanks for the kind words, and in the big picture I think you are probably right, but at this point I seem to spend too much time focused on the not so great... I appreciate the support.
2 (110).png1 (164).png

Very fancy! Careful with the amount of wine you buy though or your shiny new camper might end up like the Basque shepherd´s :p

Today was a good day, I ate well, exercised, and feel good tonight. So far so good with the calorie increase, but I know it's too soon to know much.
Very fancy! Careful with the amount of wine you buy though or your shiny new camper might end up like the Basque shepherd´s :p
Thanks LaMa, I kind of liked the sheepherders trailer. You see them in some pretty remote places around here, but the old iron wheels on that one are getting pretty rare.
Printable Nutrition R77_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition R77_Page_1.jpg

Today was a good day, ate well and got in 2 hours and 10 minutes at the gym. Continuing to feel better. Tomorrow we head to Idaho for our first camping trip in the new trailer. Just one night at a winery, but a good start. Spent a lot of today getting ready... I don't know if I will be able to check in whilst gone, I will if I can.
2 (111).png1 (165).png

Looks like a great place and that camper is so stinkin' cute!

Back