This is a healthy option for your dessert. You would experience the taste of peaches and berries in a pie.
- 8 fresh peaches (or 3 cans sliced cling peaches)
- 1 cup strawberries or cherries
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for around 5 minutes.
- Slice fresh peaches into ¼-inch slivers (or drain cans and save juice).
- Prepare a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a pan and pour it in to the baking dish.
- Mix ½ cup sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in different mixing bowl.
- Whisk in milk, and if using canned peaches, also add in ½ cup of reserved peach juice.
- Pour in the batter into the baking dish on top of the butter.
- Arrange most of the strawberries or cherries over the batter while leaving a few for garnishing.
- Coat peaches with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixture and scatter on top.
- Place the mixture in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes to an hour or until golden brown.
- Use the whipped cream and reserved berries for garnishing.