A quick and easy nutritious meal. Goes well with brown rice.
- 1 tbs grapeseed oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 2 tbs Chinese black vinegar
- 1.5 tbs gluten-free reduced-salt tamari
- 1-2 tsp sambal oelek, to taste
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 celery stalks, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 250g green beans, topped, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw almonds
- 3 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large fry pan over high heat.
- Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Stir vinegar, tamari, sambal and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves, and set aside.
- Return the wok to high heat and heat remaining oil.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add celery and beans, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
- Return chicken to wok with vinegar mixture and nuts.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and coated in the sauce.
- Serve with brown rice.