Impress your dinner party guests with this flavorful scallop, served on a bed of tender noodles!
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 4 cups hot cooked soba (about 6 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon oil in a shallow baking dish; add scallops to dish in a single layer. Marinate 4 minutes on each side.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove scallops from dish, reserving marinade. Add scallops to pan; sauté 1 minute on each side or until almost done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Place remaining marinade in pan; bring to a boil. Return scallops to pan; cook 1 minute. Toss noodles with salt and green onions. Place 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 3 scallops, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon sauce.
- Steamed peas vinaigrette: Steam 1 cup snow peas and 1 cup trimmed sugar snap peas, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine with 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes. Combine 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons canola oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt; stir with a whisk. Pour over peas mixture; toss.