This is a great burger with fewer grams of fat than regular burgers, and additional Omega-3's.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 1/2 cups baby greens
- Cut salmon into 1-inch pieces making sure to remove any bones.
- In a blender, add salmon and blend until finely chopped (do not over process). Transfer salmon into a medium bowl.
- Stir in mustard, mayonnaise, chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Form four 3 1/2-inch patties from mix. Sprinkle one side of each patty with sesame seeds.
- Brush peanut oil over bottom of a large nonstick pan.
- Put pan over medium-high heat.
- Place burgers, seed side down into pan.
- Cook until sesame seeds brown, or for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn burgers over and cook until opaque in the center, or about 3 minutes.
- Transfer salmon burgers to buns, and top with greens.
- Serve and enjoy!