Nutritious cookies are great for breakfast on the go together with your cold milk!!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and dried cherries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; gently flatten dough into circles. Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp. chopped pecans onto each dough circle, gently pressing into dough.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 13 to 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks, and let cool 10 minutes.
- Carrot-Oatmeal-Pecan Snack Cookies: Prepare dough as directed through Step 2, stirring in 2 grated carrots with oats and cherries. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Chocolate-Oatmeal-Pecan Snack Cookies: Prepare cookies as directed through Step 4. Break 4 (0.87-oz.) dark chocolate bars into pieces. Microwave chocolate pieces in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 45 seconds to 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring at 15-second intervals. Spoon chocolate into a small zip-top plastic bag. Snip 1 corner of bag with scissors to make a tiny hole. Drizzle chocolate onto cookies. Let stand 1 hour or until set.