This side dish makes ordinary potatoes step aside! Try these garlic mashed potatoes this holiday season!
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place garlic cloves in an oven safe dish and dash with olive oil.
- Place the uncovered dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut in halves.
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil on high and simmer until potatoes are tender, or about 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring the stock to a boil, and then simmer.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release each clove of garlic.
- Mash the garlic with a fork and get rid of the skins.
- Mash potatoes and add roasted garlic.
- Slowly add the stock.
- Finally, add pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!