Luscious and enticing appetizers will englighten your appetite!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Boiling water
- 3/4 cup bottled mango chutney
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 20 water crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- In a small bowl, cover dried cranberries with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Snip any large pieces of mango chutney. In a small bowl, stir together chutney, drained cranberries, and ginger. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- For each appetizer, spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese on a water cracker. Top with about 2 teaspoons of the chutney mixture. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through Step 2, except chill for up to 2 days. Serve as directed in Step 3.