A great delicacy for all occassions! Mixture of fruit and chicken brings delight to the whole family with the taste of apple and orange in every chicken bite.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups apples (about 2 apples)
- 1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2/3 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, From Frozen Concentrate undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease baking pan and set aside. Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Place apples, raisins, nuts, onion, and sage in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each breast and roll up, enclosing filling completely. Secure with wooden toothpicks and place, seam-side-down, in single layer in prepared pan.
- Brush with melted butter and set aside.
- To make glaze, melt some lowfat margarine or butter in small saucepan and stir in apple jelly, orange juice, and sherry. Simmer 3 minutes until jelly is completely melted.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven, basting frequently with glaze, 30-45 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.