A "feel better" soup when when you are down with a cold!
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables (diced carrots, corn, peas, green beans, lima beans, diced potatoes)
- 6 ounces vegetable juice
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta, uncooked (pastina would work also)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine vegetable broth, veggies, juice, tomato paste, thyme, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add cooked pasta to soup and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.