Low in fat muffins that you can indulge in everyday!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 small ripe banana, cut up (1/2 to 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat six 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper bake cups and coat insides of paper cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a blender, combine banana, milk, egg, and oil. Cover and blend until smooth. Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.