Not just yummy but also very low in fat pudding even kids will love!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds, or coarsely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, softened
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place ramekins in a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar, egg whites, and pumpkin pie spice. Divide pumpkin mixture among ramekins.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and butter with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Place baking dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around ramekins to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of each pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove ramekins from water. Cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving. Or after cooling up to 1 hour, cover and chill up to 24 hours. If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin seeds before serving.