This is a great light salad, and easy to make. It is flavorful and a good source of vitamin C.
- 4 seedless oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 whole leaves Boston lettuce
- 4 while leaves red leaf lettuce
- Squeeze juice from 3 oranges into a measuring cup. You should end up with about 2/3 cup of juice.
- Combine ginger, mayonnaise, mustard, and honey with 1/2 cup of the orange juice.
- Season with dash of salt and pepper.
- Slice avocado into one inch pieces and add to the honey ginger dressing.
- Add remaining ingredients including shallots, mint, and cilantro and mix.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss lettuce leaves with dressing.
- Slice remaining orange, and add to salad.
- Serve and enjoy!