This would make a great main low-fat dish salad. Grilled tuna tossed with pepper, snow pea pods and green onion.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound grilled tuna steaks, cooled slightly, skinned and broken into chunks (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups shredded Napa or Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons garnish of choice (optional)
- Using 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, brush each side of the tuna steaks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tuna steaks on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Turn once.
- Let cool. Skin and break into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, red sweet pepper, yellow sweet pepper, snow pea pods and green onion.
- Gently toss to mix. Toss together the Napa or Chinese cabbage and tuna mixture in a large salad bowl.
- Dressing: In a jar (with a tight fitting lid), combine rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper. Cover the jar tightly and shake well.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or coarsely chopped peanuts. [Optional]