Amazingly different specially the sweetness the parsnip brings...
- 1 cup chopped parsnip (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- Cook parsnip in boiling water 12 minutes or until very tender; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- Place corn in a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until chopped. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add parsnip, flour, and next 4 ingredients (flour through eggs). Pulse 3 to 4 times or until combined. Stir in chives.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls to form 6 cakes. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and batter.