What I saw during my walk today

photo related, i picked up a great little lighting kit (Aputure). these mini LED lights are about the size of a deck of cards and are not only amazingly bright, but have some cool built-in effects. around $450, not really that pricey for everything you get. the case charges the lights, and can also charge two other devices. the light modules have a standard screw mount or you can stick them on a metal surface with the magnetic back (which also act as the connection to the charging case).
aputure_mc4kit_mc_rgb_4_light_led.jpg

Like our Tasmanian Devil is perceived across most of the world as being like Taz, which they of course they are not-
1615327594125.png I think I may be just as guilty of thinking of Road Runners as a cartoon creature like this- 1615327719883.png Whoops!

a nice advantage of digital cameras is getting those low perspective shots without having to lie on the ground to look through a viewfinder. i have done some low angle shots at water's edge and they usually turn out great. this is from a walk many, many years ago...

surprise-lake.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

Wandering around the historic train station today taking pics for Uni assignment, this is a pic of the rattler moments before leaving the station. If I had been there earlier I would have been able to set up and get pic from the front. I will try again next week, there is a rail bridge which should give me a vantage point centrally over the track.

World's largest herd of Roosevelt Elk:

Trail running the Rim Trail @ Patrick's Point:

Back