Weight Loss Diary 2017 - Goal 1-0-5

PCOS absolutely sucks Misty!

OMG you said it...lol

I'm trying to remain positive, it is hard, but I am going to try my best in this next month to give clean eating and supplementing the proper shots

Feeling very depressed lately - trying to power through, it is hard. I am going to a second naturopath for a second opinion next week. Hair still shedding and am still healthy eating - me being depressed and crying almost everyday is not helping. I am trying to get through this.

I don't know where the past few years have gone. I have been enveloped in darkness and time has just passed. Losing my ex and my best friend was hard and he's probably going to be married soon - I stopped - or rather he stopped talking to me 7 months ago - I suppose to focus on his business and his new love. It hurts and I don't know why it's bothering me now. I guess it bothers me because I am going through this new health problem alone and not having anyone to chat through it on a regular basis is tough. I have paid for a wellness coach to have someone to talk me through this but this is just tough over all - physically and mentally. I don't think I have been THIS depressed in a while. Depression is a constant for me. But this has truly been a rough year mentally.

I cried all of last summer over my ex when he told me he was seeing someone - it's hard to lose someone you spent 6 years with to someone else. It's hard when they pick someone else over you and I should honestly be over this by now but obviously I am not and it will take some more time. The haid loss is deterring me from dating. Now that my weight has settled and I'm confident enough to sign up, now it's my hair. But I have to get out there regardless.

Oh forgot what I came here to do- weight update: 122.2 lbs
17 more lbs to target weight of 105lbs

Oh, honey, I'm sorry that you are so down. You have had a lot to cope with. Sending you a great big hug :grouphug:

Oh, honey, I'm sorry that you are so down. You have had a lot to cope with. Sending you a great big hug :grouphug:

Cate, you are a God-send. Thank you for being so supportive, I hope you are having a fantastic day xoxox

These past few days I have been feeling good - despite the hair loss - the hair loss still is very concerning, but the weird thing is due to PCOS I am more in tune with my mood and feelings. I know my estrogen has been higher the past few days and I notice an improvement in mood. Also the weather has been lovely so that may have to do with it. I spoke to a couple of ladies with PCOS over the weekend and they gave me a bit of hope too. I wish I could feel like this everyday and I wish my hormones were more balanced. That would be an absolute treat.

Hello . Today my weight is around 124lbs. Over Eid and a bridal shower, I had WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. It's disgusting how much sugar I had :/ But I am back on the bandwagon starting tomorrow. My friend's wedding is a month away and that bridemaid dress needs me to lose a few more inches. It is crazy to think we are in the middle of the year. I feel like the times I have been managing my health crises, time has just slipped away. My hair is still falling but I have been eating more greens and less crabs. The sugar intake has been bad over the past weekend, but I hope to control that. I cancelled my membership at OrangetheoryFitness because it was out of my way and just way too expensive and with PCOS I don't want to overexert my body. Low intensity exercise is better for PCOS. Going to stick with the local gym. Let's see how it all goes.

Hello . Today my weight is around 124lbs. Over Eid and a bridal shower, I had WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. It's disgusting how much sugar I had :/ But I am back on the bandwagon starting tomorrow. My friend's wedding is a month away and that bridemaid dress needs me to lose a few more inches. It is crazy to think we are in the middle of the year. I feel like the times I have been managing my health crises, time has just slipped away. My hair is still falling but I have been eating more greens and less crabs. The sugar intake has been bad over the past weekend, but I hope to control that. I cancelled my membership at OrangetheoryFitness because it was out of my way and just way too expensive and with PCOS I don't want to overexert my body. Low intensity exercise is better for PCOS. Going to stick with the local gym. Let's see how it all goes.

Not crabs - carbs, lol

Hair has been falling non-stop today. I've been on a diet to help cleanse my liver and will continue. The plus is that my weight has come down a bit and I will continue to work on the diet front and document my diet. I have 17lbs to go to hit my ideal weight. Current weight: 122lbs

17lbs seems like such a distant goal but at the same time, with some dedication and time, I know deep in my heart it is not impossible. It is just a long rocky road to get there. My friend's wedding is on the 20th. My goal is to lose 4-5 lbs over the next two weeks: goal weight: 117lbs

I'm not sure what I should and should not eat with PCOS. I want to balance my hormones naturally but we are now at month 4 and seems like such an uphill battle. I have been depressed and have been chatting with a wellness coach bi-weekly and have been reaching out to one other gal for PCOS support as well as some instagram ladies. Everyone's hormone balancing timelines have been different - some say 3 months and some all the way to 1 year. They all got their hair back/got their hair loss to stop. On the other hand, there are some ladies where the hair loss never stops and they resort to wigs/toppers. I have been considering a buzz cut after my friend's wedding and potentially a topper down the road. It's depressing to even write the latter but it's a reality as my hair has stopped growing, the density has reduced and I have androgenetic alopecia as a side effect of PCOS.

From what I´ve been reading the best way to help your liver is to cut out sugar. Not complex carbs, sugar. Which basically means cutting out processed food. Because like alcohol fructose can only be broken down by the liver (unlike glucose, which can be dealt with by every single cell in your body). But I´m sure you´ve been doing an excruciating amount of reading and trying things out already so really I´m just signalling I want you to feel better.

From what I´ve been reading the best way to help your liver is to cut out sugar. Not complex carbs, sugar. Which basically means cutting out processed food. Because like alcohol fructose can only be broken down by the liver (unlike glucose, which can be dealt with by every single cell in your body). But I´m sure you´ve been doing an excruciating amount of reading and trying things out already so really I´m just signalling I want you to feel better.

Hi LaMaria - yes, I have completely cut out processed sugar. I used to be a granola bar fiend - and now I don't even go down that aisle. I have also been cutting down on fruits high on the glycemic index. I've only recently started learning more about the liver - through Medical Medium. I'm slowly moving my diet more and more towards plant based foods. I'm not going to cut out meat completely. It is fascinating to be reading and learning more about the body and how it is all interconnected. In a way, this whole situation, has really been a blessing in terms of shifting my eating habits. And a small part of me is praying and hoping the lost hair grows back in as a side effect of healthy eating, but all in all, it has been quite the experience and it is amazing how my eating patterns have changed.

Hi, Misty. I'm sorry that your hair continues to fall, & really hope that it does stop when your hormones stabilise. Well done on switching your eating habits to a more healthy diet. You really are giving this your best shot & kudos to you xo

Hi, Misty. I'm sorry that your hair continues to fall, & really hope that it does stop when your hormones stabilise. Well done on switching your eating habits to a more healthy diet. You really are giving this your best shot & kudos to you xo

Thank you. I hate sounding negative - but I've had 300+ hair fall out today. I'm feeling so down. I want things to go back to normal as well. Thanks for your support xoxo

Today I picked up a couple supplements from the naturopath hoping they'd help - I had run out of them a couple weeks back. This last period was the worst - worst depression/PMS - worst hairfall ever. I am trying to backtrack to see what could have made my hormones go so hay-wire and I cannot pinpoint anything in particular. All I can think about is the chicken fingers I had during the bachelorette weekend. Hard to believe chicken fingers triggered 350+ hair to fall yesterday - anyways, it's probably a mix of things right now. My body is probably like WTF are you doing and going all hay-wire like a cat on heat.

I am continuing with the healthy diet and am right now trying not to be concerned with the hair loss but rather being healthy for the next couple weeks until the wedding. A part of me is tired of caring - I'm tired of all this hormonal BS. So I'm just going to try to distract myself with other things.

Sounds to me like you´re doing all you can. It sucks when that doesn´t result in the desired outcome. Destressing is easier said than done but never harmful.

:grouphug: Keep on looking after yourself as best you can Misty & do what you can to relax & enjoy your life. I hope you have a ball at the wedding xoxo

You could try the Apple cider vinegar w/ 1 or 2 tsp a day mixed with a cup of water lemon and honey. I just had my first cup and it was pritty gross. I'm not thirsty often so chugging a cup of it was anoying. I'm on this forum looking for people who are also on the acv too, cant find any. I'm 5'4" and 119 pounds just trying to be more slim. And good luck w your weight loss goals.

You could try the Apple cider vinegar w/ 1 or 2 tsp a day mixed with a cup of water lemon and honey. I just had my first cup and it was pritty gross. I'm not thirsty often so chugging a cup of it was anoying. I'm on this forum looking for people who are also on the acv too, cant find any. I'm 5'4" and 119 pounds just trying to be more slim. And good luck w your weight loss goals.

OMG you must look amazing already! I'm 4ft 11' and 123lbs - trying to get down to my best weight at 105lbs. It's been a struggle. I just can't down ACV but have been trying lemon water in the mornings - which is a change from the coffee.

OMG you must look amazing already! I'm 4ft 11' and 123lbs - trying to get down to my best weight at 105lbs. It's been a struggle. I just can't down ACV but have been trying lemon water in the mornings - which is a change from the coffee.
Wish I looked amazing. The acv is so gross. I made my own mix and it isnt bad. I mixed red cherries with the juice in a cup of cold water with 2tbs of lemon a two tsp of honey and some sugar to sweaten it up and a tbs of acv. It tastes really good now. I tried the recipe of the one going around w the cinimen and it was sooo gross. I'm drinking it right now. I used to eat alot of junk food for years and I have a gut. It's getting better soon I hope. Try my recipe I don't even notice the vinager!!! And the cherries mask the gross smell of the acv. That smell was intolerable.. i just finnished it and i would do this again. You might need to get cherries frequently (the ones for ice cream sundays) but it's worth it the cherries at the end were good and didn't taste at all like acv. Try it!!!

Also i found out that the most I was 143 pounds not 136 so I lost 24 pounds just by cutting down on soda and chips!

Last edited:
Back