Weight Loss Diary 2017 - Goal 1-0-5

Hello, the lowest I have been in the past few days is 129.2lbs. I've been stress eating on the wrong foods which is not good. I tried the whole30 diet out for a few days but decided rather than go on a diet I will approach it as a lifestyle change. PCOS trigger foods include unhealthy carbs and refined sugars. I do a decent job of staying away from both during the week but weekends are another story.

I just need to take a more disciplined approach to food and exercise starting tomorow - I have had my ups and downs. My biggest problem right now is stress eating and I do not know how to handle that. I have been feeling depressed these past two weeks - I'm relatively OK today. Hair is still thinning but from online research healthy diet seems to be a solve for that.

Twenty more lbs to go until at least 110lbs.

Hope you can get your life on an even keel misty. A healthy diet will help, xoxo

My hair is still thinning and I've found a balding patch on the back of my head - which was very shocking. I have some blood tests and dermatologist appt coming up. If it's androgenetic alopecia, there is no cure for the baldness and diffuse thinning will continue - but I will wait for a proper diagnosis. I'm really hoping it's not b/c that would just crush me - but I will know in three weeks or so.

In more positive news, I have started to eat cleaner (yayyyy) and have dropped a couple lbs to 127.6 lbs (lowest today). Five more months to my friend's wedding and hopefully one more month before I am in a really healthy BMI range. I've also started supplementation on zinc and iron more regularly. Hopefully that helps with the hair situation.

Misty, how tall are you? Why I'm asking is because if I weighed 127.6 lbs I would be really thin, with a BMI of 19.3, which is on the borderline of being underweight. Have you seen a nutritionist to check that you may be missing out on vital nutrients in your diet?

Misty, how tall are you? Why I'm asking is because if I weighed 127.6 lbs I would be really thin, with a BMI of 19.3, which is on the borderline of being underweight. Have you seen a nutritionist to check that you may be missing out on vital nutrients in your diet?

I'm a bit overweight given my height. I'm 4ft 11" - so my BMI is 25.81
I could go to 95lbs if I wanted to and still be in a healthy BMI. Right now I'm targeting 11olbs as my weight goal.

My doctor is referring me to a dermatologist but I'm also working alongside a naturopath as sometimes GPs don't go into blood work specifics. It could very well be a nutritional deficiency (which I am honestly hoping it is) but could also be alopecia or female pattern balding. We will see - it will take 3- 6 weeks to figure things out depending on how soon I can see the dermatologist.

I think I asked you that once before :blush5: I'm a bit over 5'7 so have the tendency to go with that when looking at what people weigh.
I hope it is a nutritional deficiency too. Fingers crossed hon xo

I think I asked you that once before :blush5: I'm a bit over 5'7 so have the tendency to go with that when looking at what people weigh.
I hope it is a nutritional deficiency too. Fingers crossed hon xo

Thanks Cate! Yes, I wish I was taller too ;)

Hovering at around 128lbs. Mini-goal is to drop 8lbs to 120lbs. Long-term goal is to drop to 110lbs. Upgraded gym membership so better make that happen.

Hormonal imbalance (I think) continues to cause hair loss/thinning/bald patches. Dermataologist appointment on April 10th and naturopath appointment on April 14th. Blood test tomorrow.

Work is going OK but no long-term plans to stay as limited promotion opportunities. Evaluating alternate career paths. Need to start working on side hustle and busting my ass on that front.

Apart from hair, nothing is stressing me out that much. I hope I can get a handle on that soon.

Current weight: 126.2 lbs

I don't think I've been this low since 2014/2015 - it's sad to think my hair loss condition has me eating healthy but it has a side benefit of weight loss. And my clothes are beginning to feel baggy and I'm closer to fitting my bridesmaid dress (wedding July 20th).

On the naturopath front, my hormones are imbalanced, my DHT is excessive and it's causing androgenetic alopecia (which I suspected). It's a 3 -6 month process to correct hormones - and that's if the diet route works. Bit disheartening as my hair fall is excessive (150-200 hairs/day), I can see my scalp, my parting has widened and stretched to the back of my head, and I wonder if I will be bald by the time I actually get better. There is minimal regrowth right now - so my body cannot keep up with the hair fall and where it has fallen, hair is not growing.

Anyways, I have a dermatologist appointment next week and also a pelvic exam to check my ovaries for cysts. There's a chance diet will not work but at this point I need to believe something will as I'm feeling depressed and just not myself. I hope everything gets better. I just want to feel better. I would love to start dating again but my confidence has been low with the hair loss. I'm looking forward to seeing any improvement over the next few months.

We really do have to maintain hope Misty that things will get better. Sending you a great big hug :grouphug:

My weight has come down with the new diet- I sometimes struggle to find paleo options -it involves more cooking and the supplements are expensive but it’s also an interesting food journey. Sometimes it is nice to discover new foods.

I’m wondering if I’m suffering from leaky gut issue to an extent as some PCOS sufferers have that. I’ve been on iron pills for ages and there’s been minimum lift on that so I have to wonder. I think I have an absorption issue. Also I’m in the segment of PCOS sufferers with normal BMI. I just slid into a normal BMI a few weeks ago, yayyy!

Current weight: 124.6 lbs

I don't think I've ever eaten so healthy in my life...ever...
Only highly refined carbs I had this week were today in form of half a cracker and half a bagel.

Week #2 of healthy eating next week...looking forward to seeing what dermatologist says on Tuesday...going to be a long week - will be waiting patiently for results...

Dermatologist visit was OK - she said if my doctor confirmed I had PCOS she would recommend spironolactone. Today I have an ultrasound for ovarian cysts - I'm 100% sure I have them because I've had the symptoms this week. It's just sad that I've been to my doctor three times with a PCOS concern and she never diagnosed me. My symptoms started in 2008/2009. It's been 10 years. And now it's affecting my hair. Anyways, better late than never. This hormonal imbalance has been an eye opening experience and I hope I can get my body and hair back to a place of health.

Had a lovely walk yesterday, temperature in Toronto was around 16C and I walked quite a bit. Was so relaxing. And I got to see the Infinity Mirrors exhibit at the AGO - what a delight.

Current weight: 123.8lbs

Go back from pelvic exam few hours ago - definitely have cysts - but not sure how many or how big. Doctor will advise in a week and will also tell me how serious they are. I'm really feeling them this week - I do not know what I ate to set them off as I've been eating clean.

I cheated today though after coming back - had half a pita, a granola bar and 2 biscuits. It's OK - I am not going to give myself a hard time about it because I've been off that stuff more or less and just had a small relapse today. Now that I know I have cysts and a hormonal imbalance - I just need to eat cleaner and eat raw. Some things that I suspect set me off are any kind of processed food, food cooked in olive oil and too much fruit. Also I was reading coffee is bad so I'm going to try going cold turkey on that - will be sooo hard but so worth it. I do not want to be bald. Going to manage and measure for two months and hopefully there is improvement.

Hoping to hit between 119 - 120lbs by end of month.

Today I have been diagnosed with PCOS - I have more than 12 cysts on my ovaries - which kind of is a disturbing thought. Good news is that it's not a total shock to me because I have been suspecting it for YEARS and I just have a bad doctor. She did offer the birth control pill (BCP). I hesitated to take it due to synthetic hormone reasons. I don't know if what I did was right.

I'm going to continue the healthy eating for sure. I have to think about the BCP - it could improve my hair situation (which would be such a relief, believe me) but it could cause weight gain and it masks the real hormone situation. If anyone with PCOS has experience on this forum, particularly with hair loss and BCP , would love to hear it. I really don't know what to do.

Ah also - my doctor told me to lose weight - hah!

Back