Weight-Loss Vegetable Challenge

Weight-Loss
Great pics @overlandflyer! I'm heading to my local farmer's market this morning, too, in search of new veggies to add to my list :p. My fridge is in sad need of green things. And to answer your question, yes herbs count. The peppers look like a small anaheim, a serrano (maybe?), and ... who knows. Peppers can cross pollinate so it could be a weird mix.

Only addition to my list from yesterday is: potato.

Last edited:
And for Day 7:

capsicum
mushrooms
fennel
green beans
lettuce
(yes, it was recycled salad from yesterday!)

So that's it from me for the week. :)

Farmer's Market.JPG

My run to the farmer's market this morning:
  • Daikon radishes
  • Broccoli
  • Baby bok choy
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Sun ripened strawberries
Was hoping to add 4 new veggies so that our group total would reach 70, but the daikon radishes were the only new one I could find.

Yesterday I added pickled beets, jalapeno peppers, and yellow bell peppers to my list, if those count. I also see that I forgot to claim corn on the cob on the 4th, if that counts.

I like the yellow +2 I got!

+4 for @alligatorob ... yes the corn counts! Since I've posted the DAY SIX results already, I'll add them to your total tomorrow.

+2 golden points for the garden fresh veggies! :)

Last edited:
My additions for today: artichoke hearts, cauliflower, and clover which I found on my morning walk, threw into my smoothie, and then suffered a stomach ache ... all in the name of eating more vegetables! :rolleyes:

Day 7
Not so many veg for me as I was away from home-
Beans
Carrots
Chilli
Leeks
Lemon grass
Onion, red
Potato
Zucchini
Cheers, Cate

No new veggies today, but I did eat one very small green bean, the first from our garden, that ought to get me another gold star!

It seems I have a dead lock on last place here, but I guess its kind of like running a marathon, for most folks its just finishing that counts.

And the FINAL RESULTS are ... drum roll ...

Group Vegetable Total = 69

Personal Totals:
Making Cate our grand winner of the "most diverse vegetable consumption in a week" award! Congratulations!
:party:

Cheers to Rob, the only recipient of 3 golden points! :cheers2:

And to all the other winners, because no one loses when eating more veggies, thanks for playing!

Thanks, auralee - that was fun! :) And I can now see how very much tomatoes are a fall-back for me - in salads, in soup, on toast... (I'd have with pasta, too, but as it happens I didn't this week.)

It is amazing, isn't it @aiminglow, how routine our eating patterns become when we don't pay attention. Glad you enjoyed the challenge! Will probably do another one next month that includes fruits :).

The challenge was fun. I don't usually participate in challenges, but this was different. If it encourages anyone to eat more vegetables it can only be a good thing :)

Back