44. Spinach
  45. Spring onion
  46. Sweet Potato
  47. Tomato
  48. Turnip
  49. Water Chesnut
  50. Wattle gum
  51. Zucchini
We added another 8! Can we make it to 100?

Personal Totals:

I added carrots to my list yesterday.

Don't suppose our harsh judge Auralee will let me count tequila, it is derived from a plant......

Day Four was a blur - sorry!
But there was certainly lettuce and tomato, and (this is new for my list) eggplant!

Day 4-
Beans, green
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage, red & green
Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
Chilli
Chives
Gai Lan(a new one for us- looks like Kale, tastes like broccoli) Bought at an Asian supermarket.
garlic
mushrooms
onions
parsnip
potato
zucchini
There was a vegetable stirfry omelette for bf & lots of veggies with grilled salmon for dinner.

Today I added yellow squash and zucchini to my list. Both came from our garden, makes them taste better and I think ought to be with a few more points!

A borderline one for the judge, olives, I had black olives on a salad. Any chance those count?

I see the tequila ploy didn't work....

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons ;)
"Using this more specific definition all fruits are considered vegetables but not all vegetables are fruit. Olives, plums, tomatoes, artichokes and cucumbers are fruit. Lettuce, potatoes, celery and beets are not reproductive parts of the plant developed from flowers so are considered vegetables. " Very confusing this. If I start adding my fruit it will up the ante a bit.
What's the verdict? :)

Day Four:

Tomato
Mushroom
Carrot
Water spinach
Garlic (but not nearly enough!)
Ginger
Taro

Extra cheers for home-grown veg, alligatorob! And is that a cat or a Cate among the pigeons there?

Today I added yellow squash and zucchini to my list. Both came from our garden, makes them taste better and I think ought to be with a few more points!

A borderline one for the judge, olives, I had black olives on a salad. Any chance those count?

Garden grown squash and zucchini! Stupendous!!!! :hurray:I'll give you two golden points for those and one regular point for the olives ...
@alligatorob = 11 + 2

I see the tequila ploy didn't work....
Ahh ... NOPE ;)

Last edited:
Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons ;)
"Using this more specific definition all fruits are considered vegetables but not all vegetables are fruit. Olives, plums, tomatoes, artichokes and cucumbers are fruit. Lettuce, potatoes, celery and beets are not reproductive parts of the plant developed from flowers so are considered vegetables. " Very confusing this. If I start adding my fruit it will up the ante a bit.
What's the verdict? :)

For this challenge let's stick with foods that are generally considered "vegetables", including fruits like olives, tomatoes, artichokes, and cucumbers.

For the next challenge we can do vegetables AND fruits.

Last edited:
My vegetable additions for today are: sweet potato and sugar snap peas.

Can't tell you how fun it is to see so much passion and competitive spirit coming out!

Last edited:
It's fun :D Thanks, auralee for the challenge. If it encourages anyone to eat more vegetables, your work is done :D
My veggies for day 5 were-
Beans, green
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
Chickpeas
Gai Lan(a new one for us- looks like Kale, tastes like broccoli) Bought at an Asian supermarket.
garlic
mushrooms
olives :)
parsnip
potato
snow peas
zucchini

No new veggies to report today, I will see what I can do tomorrow. This is fun, thanks to a
Auralee for starting it.

I'll be away for a day but my veggies for day 6 are almost the same as yesterday-
Beans, green
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
garlic
mushrooms
parsnip
potato
Tomato
zucchini

may as well show my sad list so far...

green beans
carrots
broccoli

potatoes
corn
pickles

jalapeno peppers
these peppers... (i lost the plant tag ... :(}

mystery peppers.JPG

white onions
cauliflower
tomatoes
black beans

do fresh herbs count?
rosemary
thyme
cilantro
sweet basil...
op 06.29.19.07.jpg\

eighteen (18) counting everything.

local street fair today... have to be on the lookout for the fresh vegetable stands... yeah, sure.

Last edited:
Lovely pics, flyer!

And checking in for Day 6:
tomato
potato
cauliflower
capsicum
mushrooms
fennel
green beans

(the last four in a salad - yum! I must get into fennel more.)

Back