The Youngin's Club (1-24 yrs)

Hi Everyone! This club was a great idea. I am 21 I'll be 22 Sept 1st. I am graduating undergrad on August 30th :jump: (so close ... yet so far away). Then I'm spending a month studying for the LSAT. Then the plan is to get a job as a paralegal for a year and start law school in September 2008.

I am currently about 270 pounds (last weigh in i was...the next is the 15th) and my long term goal is 135 (post surgery that I will have). My mini goal is to weigh 240 for graduation.

I'm glad to see a group of people around my age going for the same goals and going through the same things. It really gets me motivated!!

Have a good night
ttyl
Jenna

hay ya I'am a youngin i'am 19yrs old 20 on december 1st :)

Ah!

Hey hey! I'm 17! When I started loosing weight I was 16. Since then, which I would assume was about Sept. I've lost 115-ish lbs!

I started at 287 [ or a bit more, just last weight i remember before i started ]

I blamed my weight on my thyroid disease...
Granted it does have to do with my weight- n - all .. .but not all of it..

One day something just clicked.

I dont really have too much excuses for my weight at the beginning. I live in a low income family, we buy horrible food... because it's cheap and fast.
and when we had money, we'd go to chinese buffets. I used food a lot of the time as a comfort..... I'd eat when i was upset. I'd eat when i was depressed, which looped, cause when i was that overweight, i was depressed.. causing me to eat more, and GAIN more! Lol , goofy me. I ate when i was stressed, or even just bored. when dinner was done, was about the only time the house was stress free, and no one screamed. =D Felt good.

I gave it up ,to start living for myself... Roughly 9 months later, I'm more energetic... in a better place than i thought. I'm now 172-ish. And have dropped over 80 inches. I've got a bit more to go. I'm calculating prob like 37lbs.... but since my body fat% is going faster than my actual scale weight, I think im going to concentrate more on it. So i might even be happy to stop at 150.

Pfffttttt, Thank god I'm not the only young one on this journey! HELLO EVERYONE!:bigear:

Real quick, One thing that ticks me off.

I go to Curves' Which is generally of an older age group, I'm the youngest one there...I've passed up many of the members there.. but they blame my weightloss on my age..

This is just SO not true, and just SO not fair..

I've worked very hard for this. I've put in endless effort.
When they turn around and barely do anything and admit to "slipping up" everyday...

gosh i just hate that, I think it makes them feel better about their failure.
Me being 17 didnt help not one bit, my metabolism is like a snail, with 50 lb weights on its shell.

They try to rob me of my hardwork, ya know.

does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being harsh?

Hi there!

I am 22 and weigh roughly 225 pounds. I just graduated May 2 with my undergrad degree. I want to lose weight so that when I go out into the real world here soon, I am able to take a healthy lifestyle with me.

I'm glad to have the support of other people close to my age. Just because we are younger does not mean that it is any easier for us to take this step in our lives.

We can do this y'all!

hay cocacola dont let the people in your weight loss group get you down, remember that you are doing this for you and not for anyone else so let there comments slide right over your head and remember that they are probably jealous that you are putting in the effort and that you are seeing results that you deserve

THANK YOU ! I'll remember that advice, hun.

And On your progress pics ... Well... I didnt post anything in there..BUT!

I have faith in you, I know, you're gonna be a success story! I can feel it in my bones everytime I see your face [ in your avatar ]

And the PJ bottoms....

Please, I WANT THEM! hehe.

im in the same boat...24 yo bout to graduate college...my gf left me in part to issues with my weight...shallow but to each his own i guess...right now im focused on becoming healthy and what i invision as being attractive...life moves on time to get my self esteem back

THANK YOU ! I'll remember that advice, hun.

And On your progress pics ... Well... I didnt post anything in there..BUT!

I have faith in you, I know, you're gonna be a success story! I can feel it in my bones everytime I see your face [ in your avatar ]

And the PJ bottoms....

Please, I WANT THEM! hehe.

Thanks that was a really nice thing you said to me :) Glad you like my pj bottoms but you cant have them haha :smilielol5: Lol! Hope your doing well!

Hey everyone,

I'm 19 and I'm a full time student!!! Even though I do have a busy schedule, I figured enough with the excuses and this year will be the year things start to change and that I start losing weight.

It's nice to know there are young people going through the same thing as well... I usually feel like the lone wolf out of my friends that's trying to change her lifestyle around.

Hi everyone :)
I'm Susan and I'm 20. I'm just finishing up my sophomore year of college as a bio major, fun fun.

Hi!

I'm Ella and I am 19!

I live in Australia and am currently working full time in advertising, im at TAFE full time aswell, doing my advanced dip in marketing, and I will be starting University next year!

I have 5kg to lose :)

I'm Daphne. I'm 21, a pre-vet student, and just started working at a coffee shop to get some extra cash. (PASTRIES!! ><)

I'm 15 and in High school, working on a healthier life I guess.

I made a post in the diary section, hopefully I'll be commited enough.

Hey guys, I'm 20 years old am currently at around 185-186. I would like to lose as much weight as I can before the new school year starts in September. Nice to meet you all!

Back